Fertilizer and chemicals shop asked to install CCTVs: NCPO

webfact

Fertilizer and chemicals shop asked to install CCTVs

9-9-2015-10-53-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Shops selling fertilizer and chemicals which can be used to make bombs have been advised to install CCTV system in their premises to help the authorities in watching out for some customers who may buy the merchandise for bomb-making purpose.

Colonel Winthai Suvaree, spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order, said Wednesday that testimonies from the suspects believed to connect to the bombing incidents on August 16-17 showed that the suspects obtained materials used to make bombs from fertilizer and chemical shops.

He also urged operators of the fertilizer or chemical shops to alert the police or the military if they come across suspicious buyers.

Meanwhile, the Thai police have sought cooperation of the Interpol to trace Abutusata Abdulrohman or Ezan, the alleged organizer of the two bombing incidents, who was suspected to have been hiding in Bangladesh.

Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda, the deputy national police chief, said police were investigating the money trail of the cash which were wired from abroad to the accounts of the suspects here whether they were used in illegal activities.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fertilizer-and-chemicals-shop-asked-to-install-cctvs

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-10

All those fuzzy videos are a great help,anyway I thought it was

reported it was C4 or TNT that was used in the bombs.

regards Worgeordie

Maybe speculation but no evidence of such explosives.

"The home police raided Thursday was leased by Wanna, the police spokesman said. The home is in the outer Bangkok neighborhood of Min Buri near another apartment also leased by Wanna where police found gunpowder, fertilizer and other bomb-making materials in a raid over the weekend.... At a third raid on Thursday, authorities found “suspicious fluid in a barrel” that was being analyzed by explosives experts" (2015-09-04)

All those fuzzy videos are a great help,anyway I thought it was

reported it was C4 or TNT that was used in the bombs.

regards Worgeordie

You could use fertilizer with -NO3 groups to make the HNO3 to make the TNT. But I guess buying the NO3 is the easier way.

I guess as long as you can get battery acid and something with a NO3 group you can make some explosive. Else you would have to take excrement to get the NO3....

Going through the motions is a form of damage control.

Thailand has porous borders. No government ever shipped off hooded prisoners to be imprisoned and executed. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Do Not look at the deportations...look over Here instead.

Good boys.tongue.png

"He also urged operators of the fertilizer or chemical shops to alert the police or the military if they come across suspicious buyers."

And the definition of a suspicious buyer is?

I'm hoping a little more specific information is given to these shop proprieters so they can make a sensible judgement. And having made that judgement - do they allow the sale to go ahead? Or call the cops immediately? Or . . etc etc.

Maybe they can catch the horse before it bolts.