I thought Thai women did not like dead beats

drronnie

So if you wear shorts and flip flops .....You're considered a "deadbeat" whistling.gif

You must enjoy wearing your Suit or sportcoat everyday....good luck with that in Thailand.blink.png

That must make at least 90% of the male population, falang and Thai, deadbeats. I thought shorts and flip flops was compulsory, that's all I've been wearing for the last 6 years.

I wear shorts too, but my point is why Thai women are putting up with deadbeats who live off them but on the other hand they claim they want a man with stable income.

I think you are trying to generalize this as something ALL Thai women do which is not even remotely the case. Maybe you have a fancy for one woman that is accompanying one of these so called dead-beats and it is causing you personal discomfort? Stable income is not the only thing Thai women consider. If you are a dinosaur and 100 pounds over weight, I am sure they would give that some consideration if they were a professional office type worker. Money cannot buy everyone. Well, maybe in Isaan!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you wear shorts and flip flops .....You're considered a "deadbeat" whistling.gif

You must enjoy wearing your Suit or sportcoat everyday....good luck with that in Thailand.blink.png

I don't even own flip flops.

shorts are for the beach only....

Depends where you live surely?

If I lived in BKK I wouldn't wear shorts or flip flops but living in Pattaya as I did it was shorts and flips flops (although only during the day normally).

:)

Posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

That must make at least 90% of the male population, falang and Thai, deadbeats. I thought shorts and flip flops was compulsory, that's all I've been wearing for the last 6 years.
I wear shorts too, but my point is why Thai women are putting up with deadbeats who live off them but on the other hand they claim they want a man with stable income.

For most Thai women, a stable income simply doesn't compensate for having to sleep with someone who's older than her father and looks like the Pilsbury Dough Boy.

Besides, lots of young guys have stable incomes too

Edited by Cypress Hill

For many a Thai women, a stable income simply doesn't compensate for having to sleep with someone who's older than her father and looks like the Pilsbury Dough Boy.

Besides as well lots of older guys don't look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and have lots more money than most of the young guys.

For many a Thai women, a stable income simply doesn't compensate for having to sleep with someone who's older than her father and looks like the Pilsbury Dough Boy.

Besides as well lots of older guys don't look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and have lots more money than most of the young guys.

I suppose one has to define what is young and what is old

For most Thai women, a stable income simply doesn't compensate for having to sleep with someone who's older than her father and looks like the Pilsbury Dough Boy.

There's a silly myth among

the 60+ crowd on here that

you can only have money

once you're their age. If I'd

had to wait till their age to

be able to live well, I'd slit

my wrists.

I wear a $200 USD watch in Thailand, not my normal $2000 USD watch.

I don't bring my house over. I don't bring my car over. And I sure don't transfer money to Thailand.

They call it "escaping" for a reason.....it's fun to dress however you want whenever you want.

Trust me, in a 3-minute conversation and you know if the guy has cash, brain, plan........

There's a silly myth among

the 60+ crowd on here that

you can only have money

once you're their age. If I'd

had to wait till their age to

be able to live well, I'd slit

my wrists.

I suppose the answer relates to what one means by living well and what one means by "having money"

I don't bring my house over. I don't bring my car over. And I sure don't transfer money to Thailand.

They call it "escaping" for a reason.....it's fun to dress however you want whenever you want.

Trust me, in a 3-minute conversation and you know if the guy has cash, brain, plan........

To be honest not sure of the point your trying to make, a 3 minute conversation proves nothing, people who truely have money behind them dont publicise it for a reason

People who have money generally dont feel or have the need to demonstrate it either. Its a "need to know" and most dont!

. What's even worse than boasting about money in person is boasting on an anonymous Internet forum about how much money, how young you retired, how you fly business class, how you transferred money at XX THB to USD exchange rate, how you don't need to wear your Rolex here...etc...much more likely the keyboard warrior has even less than the bar stool occupant.

People who have money generally dont feel or have the need to demonstrate it either. Its a "need to know" and most dont!

. What's even worse than boasting about money in person is boasting on an anonymous Internet forum about how much money, how young you retired, how you fly business class, how you transferred money at XX THB to USD exchange rate, how you don't need to wear your Rolex here...etc...much more likely the keyboard warrior has even less than the bar stool occupant.

I guess the answer to that is the relevance to what the discussion is at the time the comment is made it may be fact

I bet you love a flip-flop up the xxxx

Do you interview all these Thai women? You seem to know a lot about so many people's relationships. Where did you get your info from to post such baba?

I see wearing the shorts because of the heat.Flip flops not so much.I see foreign men wearing them I don't associate with

Them.If you want to look like A bum I'm going to treat you that way.

Wow a practical example of don't judge a book by the cover, to be honest outside of work I live in shorts and flip flops obviously I don't meet your expectations so call me a bum if you wish, I have no wish to associate myself with a person who is so shallow as to call people bums based on what they have on their feet

I remember years ago being down by a jetty in HK talking to to Chinese guy who per to your high standards would be described as a scruffy little bastard and a bum, old tee shirt, scruffy shorts and flip flops, and went spent a little time talking about fishing, he said he had to go and a Rolls turned up with a driver in all the livery and he jumped in the car

Don't judge a book by its cover dear boy

Edited by Soutpeel

I see wearing the shorts because of the heat.Flip flops not so much.I see foreign men wearing them I don't associate with

Them.If you want to look like A bum I'm going to treat you that way.

Wow a practical example of don't judge a book by the cover, to be honest outside of work I live in shorts and flip flops obviously I don't meet your expectations so call me a bum if you wish, I have no wish to associate myself with a person who is so shallow as to call people bums based on what they have on their feet

I remember years ago being down by a jetty in HK talking to to Chinese guy who per to your high standards would be described as a scruffy little bastard and a bum, old tee shirt, scruffy shorts and flip flops, and went spent a little time talking about fishing, he said he had to go and a Rolls turned up with a driver in all the livery and he jumped in the car

Don't judge a book by its cover dear boy

My mates dad had his own waste oil company and went to the BMW showroom in his overalls to buy a top of the range motor but seeing as none of the staff payed him any mind, he ended up going to the Merc showroom and buying there! Seems the BMW staff are as stuck up and as ignorant as BMW drivers!

Oh . . . and thrilled coffee1.gif

Edited by Walter Travolta

I guess the answer to that is the relevance to what the discussion is at the time the comment is made it may be fact
. There are many on this forum who use every opportunity they can to boast about themselves.

It is only relavent if it directly applies to the situation and is actually true. I'd say most of the time rarely are both of those true.

Thailand is a country in which personal presentation is incredibly important, especially to the Thais.

Sure we're less fussed about it but I do wish people would stop pretending they don't make instant judgments about people based on their attire every single day of the week.

How many times have we read all the newly-tolerant jokers on this thread slag off the stereotypical farang in shorts, tatts and a Singha wifebeater as "probably a thug/moron/lout" etc

You can tell all this from someone walking down the street? Sounds like your post is much more personal and you are omitting details.

yes I omitted the part that I know some of these people and it bothers me that women ask me on dates what I do and how I earn but then they get a relationship with an unemployed deadbeat

Thats interesting, they go out on date with you and end up with a deadbeat therefore suggesting you must be further down the pecking order than a dead beat

Lets face facts it being unemployed and being an English teacher on 25k/m are not too far apart from each other :D

hey dont knock it man!! Im unemployed and on 30k baht/month

but yeah, i dont have to teach English like the OP, and granted, the 30k/mth is interest from a cash investment.

and yeah, flip flops and shorts is all i bring over here.

Thailand is a country in which personal presentation is incredibly important, especially to the Thais.

Sure we're less fussed about it but I do wish people would stop pretending they don't make instant judgments about people based on their attire every single day of the week.

How many times have we read all the newly-tolerant jokers on this thread slag off the stereotypical farang in shorts, tatts and a Singha wifebeater as "probably a thug/moron/lout" etc

I don't care if people wear shorts and flip flops but I do think its important to dress correctly in certain places or circumstances.

As said in an earlier post in Pattaya I wore mainly shorts and flip flops BUT if I had a meeting or say needed to visit the lawyer (who was always in the local cop shop) then I would always wear long trousers or jeans and a shirt or polo shirt with collars and shoes.

At night if going to my old bar then I always wore smart jeans, shoes and a shirt or smart T shirt. Night off in the local bar then probably still a smart shirt but with smart shorts and flip flops.

Years back my old business partner and I had to go to the Nongprue Sheriffs office to receive a medal type award for some charity and donations that we had done through the bar.

He turned up in shorts and a vest, I nearly died with embarrassment, especially when we were invited into their hall with all the other officials to have our picture taken for the local Thai newspaper.

:)