Koh Tao murders: 2 DNA profiles from alleged murder weapon do not match defendants' DNA

webfact

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharktooth/stingray man is a person of particular interest. Of course if this had been a professional investigation carried our by police who could not be corrupted then this guy would have been one of the first to be taken in for questioning to ensure he had nothing to do with this.

He was out that night in Koh Tao and was photographed in the same bar as David (Bar Next 2).

He has previous serious allegations against him for alleged rape by a Thai woman Supannee Deightom, she had to climb out of the window to escape cutting and scraping her leg.

If thats not enough to bring him in for questioning then added to the above, he left Koh Tao the day after the murders and then returned once the B2 were arrested. Thats according to a post by David at CSILA so how much credibility we can put on that who knows but certainly possible.

I have always believed he was involved from very early on (months ago)

Here is what I think

1. He was possibly directly involved in the altercation with Hannah in AC bar

2. The unmentioned uninvestigated injuries on Davids body consistant IMO with the ring he wears​

3. He left (as you say) the island next day - why ?

4. His previous form

5. He fits the profile IMO of thinking he is a hard man and was insulted in front of his friends when Hannah rejected him (lost face)

I think David walked Hannah home that night to their lodgings from AC bar because she was frightened and feared for her safety and they were followed by at least 4 (cowards) men and assaulted

Middle finger right hand, jewelry sales appear to be flourishing on KT.

Just to throw into the mix: When asked his views Sean MCMystery said words to the effect :

"Check which 3 people did not come to work at the *** bar the next day."

It was at this time there was much speculation about 2 bouncers at this bar, one referred to as 'shark tooth ring.'

Reports stated that they both left the island that day.

Very little has been said about them since.

Just a reminder.

Where are they now I wonder?

Are you talking about

AC BAR

(the last place where the victims were seen alive) ?

Edited by sweatalot

Pictures of Sharktooth stingray man in this PPTV thailand news clip also.

Hi Stealth, when is that video from? Must be blind cause I didn't see. Boy am I happy to see Ekkachai on the Thai news for all to see! That's something at least.

Published on Oct 21, 2014 sorry I can't help with the language much.

Follow

Stage 3: submit closing statements, Samui court considers all evidence/testimony, writes verdict, sends verdict region 8 DG judge 2 consider

This ones confusing me a little.

So after the 3 judges that have sat in on the case complete their written summary of the case and make their decision, it then goes to another judge who's hasn't been in on the trial and only has the testimony and verdict from the 3 judges to look at. So now what does he do? Whats to consider?

Are you saying this guy is a possible killer? If so, why don't you take your evidence to the police or the defense?

Would you......?............laugh.png

If I thought someone innocent was being blamed instead and I was sure, of course I would go to the police or the Burmese guys' lawyer.
I'm not supposed to reply to trolls, but here goes....

Take evidence or theories to the police who.......

>>> have shown for over a year how they don't want to consider any evidence which might implicate people who are untouchable

>>> have lost crucial evidence (hair, DNA trail)

>>> have allowed crucial evidence to be hidden or destroyed (CCTV, clothes)

>>> have lied repeatedly (claimed NS was tested for a DNA match. Later, a top cop said he didn't think that ever happened)

>>> missed dozens of clues (didn't look at CCTV of boats leaving island. Didn't interview fast boat driver, didn't check clothes or bloody sand from crime, didn't look at phone data or what went on in clubs prior to crime, .......etc., ad infinitum)

>>> are bosom buddies with Mon, the go-to guy on the island if someone wants a crime swept under the table

>>> won't even consider searching for the real culprits

.....yea sure, I'll just drop by the KT police station tomorrow and tell them what I think. I"m sure they'll be glad to listen to all I suggest.

The 2 defendants are due to speak during the closing days of the defense's time allotment. It will be interesting to hear them describe what they recall from the music session around the beach fire. Do they recall who was there? what they were doing? Tensions or ......? Or will the 2 guys take the minimalist track and reveal as little as possible - other than they played music, got tipsy, went home. I hope the former - as it could shed light on who really did the crime. Though it could also endanger them, being as they're in the custody of Thai officials. Stranger things have happened, than; prisoners getting killed at night, with the official explanation: 'suicide probably due to remorse for their crimes.'

Follow

Stage 3: submit closing statements, Samui court considers all evidence/testimony, writes verdict, sends verdict region 8 DG judge 2 consider

This ones confusing me a little.

So after the 3 judges that have sat in on the case complete their written summary of the case and make their decision, it then goes to another judge who's hasn't been in on the trial and only has the testimony and verdict from the 3 judges to look at. So now what does he do? Whats to consider?

If you take all the colors of the spectrum (all the data which has been presented at the trial). Paint it in segments on a white paper plate. Spin the plate fast (keep watering down the testimony, as it goes from court testimony, to 3 judges, then to one judge, who I'm sure is not influenced by any VIP's).....then you see just one color .....WHITE. ....as in 'whitewash.'

StealthEnergiser, on 07 Oct 2015 - 06:57, said:

The number 9 shirt looks very similar to the uniforms in that bar above.

attachicon.gifnuum9.jpg attachicon.gifnum9A.jpg

Actually it's just a football shirt like any other but it's nothing like the ones being worn by the local Thai team in that bar. It's possible it is a Manchester United shirt (Thai version). It is certainly red and the name of the player (which I can't read) is in a curve above the No. 9. This is very similar to Man United shirts from past seasons. David Miller and Chris Ware, both Man United supporters, had been watching a football match in Choppers bar on the night of the murders which Man United won. It is possible that David high-fived the man in the No. 9 shirt because his favourite team, Man United, had just won an important game. That's my theory anyway, and it would fit with court testimony that David appeared to be in a jubilant mood in the CCTV footage.

This case sadly does have all the markers for a typical Thai "bury it with time" line of thinking. To me, it's like the Thai judicial

System is actively trying to "bury" this case what with no notes taken allowed, journalists an translators threatened.. It's almost as if the entire culture on these torusirst islands is constructed to keep the "peace" so to speak.. And that usually includes kissing ass to the local Hi So's. All I can say is, the one valuable lesson I can take from this whole debacle is... Never go to a small Thai island ... Ever. Even Samui can be shady.

Are you saying this guy is a possible killer? If so, why don't you take your evidence to the police or the defense?

Would you......?............laugh.png

If I thought someone innocent was being blamed instead and I was sure, of course I would go to the police or the Burmese guys' lawyer.
I'm not supposed to reply to trolls, but here goes....

Take evidence or theories to the police who.......

>>> have shown for over a year how they don't want to consider any evidence which might implicate people who are untouchable

>>> have lost crucial evidence (hair, DNA trail)

>>> have allowed crucial evidence to be hidden or destroyed (CCTV, clothes)

>>> have lied repeatedly (claimed NS was tested for a DNA match. Later, a top cop said he didn't think that ever happened)

>>> missed dozens of clues (didn't look at CCTV of boats leaving island. Didn't interview fast boat driver, didn't check clothes or bloody sand from crime, didn't look at phone data or what went on in clubs prior to crime, .......etc., ad infinitum)

>>> are bosom buddies with Mon, the go-to guy on the island if someone wants a crime swept under the table

>>> won't even consider searching for the real culprits

.....yea sure, I'll just drop by the KT police station tomorrow and tell them what I think. I"m sure they'll be glad to listen to all I suggest.

thank you ,boomerangutang."yea sure, I'll just drop by the KT police station tomorrow and tell them what I think. I"m sure they'll be glad to listen to all I suggest. "

big laugh today on this thread thanks to you.... clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

Johnnley has more than 1500 posts and is hardly a troll on Thaivisa even for asking a question like that,

And the reply from boomerangutang is fair enough , who would you trust ? Not KT police station but who else?

If someone has vital information about that guy or any other suspects who would you contact , high ranked officials in Bangkok , the defence team of B2, or some honest Thai investigators who would like to continue the hunt for suspecrs after this trial is over.

Johnnley has more than 1500 posts and is hardly a troll on Thaivisa even for asking a question like that,

And the reply from boomerangutang is fair enough , who would you trust ? Not KT police station but who else?

If someone has vital information about that guy or any other suspects who would you contact , high ranked officials in Bangkok , the defence team of B2, or some honest Thai investigators who would like to continue the hunt for suspecrs after this trial is over.

This is so typical of the bullying on these Koh Tao threads. The post from Johnniey was certainly not a troll post, it was a reasonable question posed in a reasonable way. But anyone who dares depart from the script, who dares to question the theories of the amateur detectives is immediately deemed a troll and is subjected to abuse. Ganging up to get dissenters suspended or banned etc etc. That is what is truly sickening. This thread has now descended into a pretty much exclusive mutual back slapping club.

Perhaps the most infuriating aspect of the case is the helplessness of almost everyone to press for a proper investigation of the crime. Given the local police refused to bring the real villains to justice, and their superiors were willing to go along with scapegoats, what are the options? Unless the PM himself decides to use overseas investigators protected by the army, it looks hopeless. And that will not happen.

Perhaps the most infuriating aspect of the case is the helplessness of almost everyone to press for a proper investigation of the crime. Given the local police refused to bring the real villains to justice, and their superiors were willing to go along with scapegoats, what are the options? Unless the PM himself decides to use overseas investigators protected by the army, it looks hopeless. And that will not happen.

clap2.gif

it is why the posts of Johnniey thenew troll and Exsexyman have not their places here..... wink.png

Sharktooth/stingray man is a person of particular interest. Of course if this had been a professional investigation carried our by police who could not be corrupted then this guy would have been one of the first to be taken in for questioning to ensure he had nothing to do with this.

He was out that night in Koh Tao and was photographed in the same bar as David (Bar Next 2).

He has previous serious allegations against him for alleged rape by a Thai woman Supannee Deightom, she had to climb out of the window to escape cutting and scraping her leg.

If thats not enough to bring him in for questioning then added to the above, he left Koh Tao the day after the murders and then returned once the B2 were arrested. Thats according to a post by David at CSILA so how much credibility we can put on that who knows but certainly possible.

I have always believed he was involved from very early on (months ago)

Here is what I think

1. He was possibly directly involved in the altercation with Hannah in AC bar

2. The unmentioned uninvestigated injuries on Davids body consistant IMO with the ring he wears​

3. He left (as you say) the island next day - why ?

4. His previous form

5. He fits the profile IMO of thinking he is a hard man and was insulted in front of his friends when Hannah rejected him (lost face)

I think David walked Hannah home that night to their lodgings from AC bar because she was frightened and feared for her safety and they were followed by at least 4 (cowards) men and assaulted

Middle finger right hand, jewelry sales appear to be flourishing on KT.

Not sure if this was intended as facetious remark, but what is the point in reporting anything to an organisation which has so blatantly detracted, destroyed and corrupted evidence - as has been clear for all to see throughout their handling of this sham of an investigation!

This is so typical of the bullying on these Koh Tao threads. The post from Johnniey was certainly not a troll post, it was a reasonable question posed in a reasonable way. But anyone who dares depart from the script, who dares to question the theories of the amateur detectives is immediately deemed a troll and is subjected to abuse. Ganging up to get dissenters suspended or banned etc etc. That is what is truly sickening. This thread has now descended into a pretty much exclusive mutual back slapping club.

asking someone who has expressed an opinion on this forum for evidence, either the poster doesn't quite understand what was posted or he is baiting, most things are obvious to most people but not all

Edited by smedly

Sorry if Johnnley has been wrongly accused, and his post was genuine. But please Balo, could you enlighten everyone here where these honest Thai Investigators that you confidently mention can be contacted? That information I am sure would be greatly appreciated all round.

I do believe good and honest police exist in Thailand. Without the support of their senior commanders, they are powerless to confront outrages like the Koh Tao crime. That high command has no desire to change the status quo.

Anyone with proof that any individuals are the real perpetrators should contact the major media organizations. They can apply pressure. Personally, I have suspicions but absolutely no proof that is not already in the public domain. Suspicions and speculations count for nothing.

Who would I trust? Hmmmm, let me think. How about objective investigators, who are sincerely trying to solve the crime. It's been shown in 1,000 ways how the top brass in this case are agenda-driven. Their lower-downs are compelled to follow orders. They have no other choice if they want to keep their jobs (or don't want to wind up a statistic).

Have you (as a farang) ever tried to make a formal complaint (or even a suggestion) to a Thai official? If you're not openly laughed at, you're rudely ignored. The best that happens is they very sweetly say "We'll look into that" ....and then do nothing. Just one example: I once politely asked the top Thai official at the Land Dept whether they were considering giving chanod (land title) to the tens of thousands of city residents who didn't have it. He immediately shouted my question to the 200 workers in the room. They all had a good laugh.

The people on this thread are all thinking adults with reams of life experiences behind them. For example, we can tell when two people resemble each other (Nomsod and 'Running Man' and the video 'grab' used to ascertain gait). We don't have to be 'gait experts' like AleG to find resemblances. We don't have to be investigative professionals to know that if there's blood on the sand at a crime scene, some of that blood could hold clues to the crime, Same for crime scene clothes, phone records, hair, boats leaving right after, CCTV at the bars, and a slew of other possible clues which have been mentioned in the thousands of pages discussing this botched investigation. Balo, you and I and Johniey know full well that RTP officials don't want to hear anything any of us have to say, if it doesn't fit with the RTP agenda: bust the B2, and don't discuss anything which may point to the probable perps.

Who would I trust? Hmmmm, let me think. How about objective investigators, who are sincerely trying to solve the crime. It's been shown in 1,000 ways how the top brass in this case are agenda-driven. Their lower-downs are compelled to follow orders. They have no other choice if they want to keep their jobs (or don't want to wind up a statistic).

Have you (as a farang) ever tried to make a formal complaint (or even a suggestion) to a Thai official? If you're not openly laughed at, you're rudely ignored. The best that happens is they very sweetly say "We'll look into that" ....and then do nothing. Just one example: I once politely asked the top Thai official at the Land Dept whether they were considering giving chanod (land title) to the tens of thousands of city residents who didn't have it. He immediately shouted my question to the 200 workers in the room. They all had a good laugh.

The people on this thread are all thinking adults with reams of life experiences behind them. For example, we can tell when two people resemble each other (Nomsod and 'Running Man' and the video 'grab' used to ascertain gait). We don't have to be 'gait experts' like AleG to find resemblances. We don't have to be investigative professionals to know that if there's blood on the sand at a crime scene, some of that blood could hold clues to the crime, Same for crime scene clothes, phone records, hair, boats leaving right after, CCTV at the bars, and a slew of other possible clues which have been mentioned in the thousands of pages discussing this botched investigation. Balo, you and I and Johniey know full well that RTP officials don't want to hear anything any of us have to say, if it doesn't fit with the RTP agenda: bust the B2, and don't discuss anything which may point to the probable perps.

Thailand - "Land Of Free" - Not for some!

post-229227-0-06810500-1444269300_thumb.

post-229227-0-10693400-1444270941_thumb.

As Churchill said, some people's idea of freedom of speech is that they can say whatever they want but if anyone talks back it's an outrage.

It's obvious that there is a concerted effort to silence differing views on this issue, so it's not a matter of saying something that may be wrong or right, it's a matter of maintaining a particular narrative; anything that even hints at a deviation from it is quickly attacked. The thing is, sooner or later this narrative bubble will pop, so why bother arguing in the meantime?

Well, perhaps because in the meantime people are being accused of being murderers and rapists on such ludicrous reasoning as hair was found on one of the victims, that may or may not be blonde, here's a guy wearing a blond wig (which certainly wouldn't be made off full human hairs) therefore he must have taken part in the crime. It's ridiculous and would be funny if the accusations (done in the name of defending people that have been supposedly wrongfully accused no less) weren't so serious; personally I hope the people being accused seek legal redress.

As Churchill said, some people's idea of freedom of speech is that they can say whatever they want but if anyone talks back it's an outrage.

It's obvious that there is a concerted effort to silence differing views on this issue, so it's not a matter of saying something that may be wrong or right, it's a matter of maintaining a particular narrative; anything that even hints at a deviation from it is quickly attacked. The thing is, sooner or later this narrative bubble will pop, so why bother arguing in the meantime?

Well, perhaps because in the meantime people are being accused of being murderers and rapists on such ludicrous reasoning as hair was found on one of the victims, that may or may not be blonde, here's a guy wearing a blond wig (which certainly wouldn't be made off full human hairs) therefore he must have taken part in the crime. It's ridiculous and would be funny if the accusations (done in the name of defending people that have been supposedly wrongfully accused no less) weren't so serious; personally I hope the people being accused seek legal redress.

Freedom to have a differing opinion is fine. But if the opinion is based on pure stupidity then that opinion gets what it deserves. Objectivity is good. Blind ignorance is not.

Freedom to have a differing opinion is fine. But if the opinion is based on pure stupidity then that opinion gets what it deserves. Objectivity is good. Blind ignorance is not.

Something else Mr Churchill said:-post-229227-0-53592500-1444278597_thumb.

I doubt you believe the Burmese kids guilty, and your professions that you do makes it hard to be objective when you make other points. However, I do agree with the main thrust of your argument here.

It is fine to point out that the "blond" hair should have been properly investigated. Losing it (sorry, "putting it on one side") is not just bad investigating but extremely suspicious. Accusing people of being involved in the crime on the basis that they wear wigs and might be unsavory characters is something else. It is an unwarranted attack on those not here to defend themselves.

I would note that you have been guilty of unwarranted attacks yourself. I can, for instance, recall your attempts to suggest that Andy Hall's efforts to help the Burmese kids was motivated by self interest. This was at least as bad as the attacks you (legitimately) complain about. There are other examples.

I do not like much of what you say, AleG. However, within broad limits you should be free to express yourself. My defending that right does not mean I approve of you.

It's obvious that there is a concerted effort to silence differing views on this issue, so it's not a matter of saying something that may be wrong or right, it's a matter of maintaining a particular narrative; anything that even hints at a deviation from it is quickly attacked. The thing is, sooner or later this narrative bubble will pop, so why bother arguing in the meantime?""

On the contrary. Most here are reasonably debating various aspects of this case and highlighting discrepancies, possible scenarios, conflicting evidence and generally calling the police to task for their shabby approach and subsequent investigation as well as questioning glaring omissions.

On the other hand, there are a handful of posters who do not seem to be interested in trying to arrive at an acceptable scenario. Instead, they litter the thread with misdirections and disgusting baits - something that is very different from a deviation, as you call it. Some of these posts are so low that it's extremely difficult for any self respecting person to let it slide, in spite of the high possibility of getting a posting holiday. These posters demonstrate a high moral and ethical value, something lacking from this trial.

AleG, you wanna talk about the hair? Ok fine. First off, crimes are sometimes solved by by little things, even pollen or an eyelash, an insect egg, or a tiny thread can help solve a crime. Read up on real crime cases, it might be an eye-opener for you. The hair Hannah was clutching could be a key item. Not only could Thai forensics not look closely at it (we expect such screw-ups from them), they conveniently lost it (though then-chief of police Somyot stated "nothing was lost". He's one of those officials who, when he states something emphatically, usually its opposite is true). Why am I not surprised that you're in favor of defamation lawsuits. You and the headman (and Mon) probably see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. Would you withhold crucial CCTV also? Would you have not looked at CCTV of boats leaving the island soon after the crime? Would you have trashed crucial clothing from the crime scene? How about not checking phone records? If so, you'd fit right in with RTP investigators.

I do wonder how the poor hard done by Mayor of Koh TAo is feeling now since the trial started and international media has gone into overdrive on this case:

January 2015

Koh Tao Mayor Blasts UK Media's 'Negative Reporting'
"It may mislead foreign tourists who have never been to Koh Tao to think that Koh Tao is full of mafia who like to kill or exploit foreign tourists," Chaiyan said. "This is really what some foreign tourists think. I've seen them talking on social media."
Keep it up hacks! The more exposure on this sham and injustice the better!!
Edited by thailandchilli