Pattaya officials try talking out jet ski problem

Rimmer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We will combine forces from all agencies to be serious about inspecting, monitoring and preventing these problems,” he said. “We will coordinate with local authorities to set rules … to ensure fairness for society and tourists,” he said.

"You will have a combined meeting with a free buffet provided by city hall, you will talk about football and dig your noses, you will do nothing, achieve nothing and you will ask for a bigger budget to tackle this problem. You did not lose credibility, since you never had any in the first place.", I said.

Why are Thai Visa writers so negative--------?

Yes the jet ski problem has been around for Years & Years through all governments -----Red shirt, Yellow shirt-----Pink shirt or whatever. No one has made any effort to stop it----but of course its all the Generals fault.

They have been given a warning that they will be closed down----Just like the hotels / restaurants sitting on Public land on Phuket were given several warnings.

That followed the usual TV letters (funny enough by much the same people ) about how nothing will ever be done to them / to much money / to corrupt etc etc .....until they burnt & pulled them down.

It seems they are going to be issued a license type scheme-----no License you can't rent----- shouldn't we at least wait a few months to see if anything is moving here.....I am not that hopeful with this type of scum that run these , but shouldn't we wait & see what happens if there is a next violation.

Then if they actually do do something you can all get ready to blame the general for starting to move on the next scam that's been around for the last 25 years, & all the reasons why they will never do this ---that ect....................coffee1.gif

How come this little cocoaches operating the jetski's are allowed so much power. Maffia is a too nice of a word for them. These are just tug cheaters with no class at all. It is easy to reign in, if they wanted to. All those talks and meetings are just smoke...

But it's mentality, thinking it is ok to ask for more then the normal fare. It happens all over Thailand. It's bad and makes those in charge and all the others look like they are from a backward place.

These fools will only wake up one day when there is NO MORE tourist coming to Thailand to scam.... They only live for today and don't have the ability to think of the day after tomorrow. Sad but true, their ALL IN on this scam.

Word of mouth is the most powerful media in the world ( can make or brake you ) and for every tourist they scam and rob of his hard earned spending money they loose a potential 5 - 10 future tourist which now take their business elsewhere instead of coming to Thailand.

Come and discover Thainess....

Thailand dont need ISiS to <deleted> up their country, their doing it themselves and there will soon be nothing left for their children to build a future on. Amazing Stupidity at the highest Grade amaginable

Edited by Rimmer

Why the F am I getting so angry when I read, Jet Ski Mafia "warned" to end scam? Thai officials want us (whites, Farangs, walking ATMs, whatever they want to call us) to do everything by the book. One slip, tax wise, Thai partner wise, nominee-wise, accounting wise (which is often beyond our control) from our side - or as a private person, one bar brawl with one of their fellow countrymen going down and we are OUT!!! Live, investment, everything possibly destroyed over one single slip. But those criminals, after they have been on international TV, even pointing guns at tourists, threatening them and cheating them out of milions of Baht with the world watching this since DECADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now they eventually WARN them? This must be a nightmare and I will wake up soon, right? Seems they have a share too much of a percentage to let this "extra income" go, huh????

Edited by Shermanator

These fools will only wake up one day when there is NO MORE tourist coming to Thailand to scam.... They only live for today and don't have the ability to think of the day after tomorrow. Sad but true, their ALL IN on this scam.

Word of mouth is the most powerful media in the world ( can make or brake you ) and for every tourist they scam and rob of his hard earned spending money they loose a potential 5 - 10 future tourist which now take their business elsewhere instead of coming to Thailand.

Come and discover Thainess....

Thailand dont need ISiS to f***ck up their country, their doing it themselves and there will soon be nothing left for their children to build a future on. Amazing Stupidity at the highest Grade amaginable

Well spoken!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself! thumbsup.gif

These vendors have been doing this extortion racket for many years, No Business or group of Businesses have the right to ruin the reputation of the city for everyone else. Justice should be swift and sure. This foot dragging is exactly what will confirm the city officials are impotent. I like jet skies. But these vendors are Mafia to the core. And should be removed immediately. They have already been warned many times....I am not seeing any verbal warnings as a viable option.

Just ban them ...many so not like jet skis anyway , too dangerous for swimmers , noisy , polluting etc

Warning only warning, I've heard that before a hundred times.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Warning only warning, nasty nasty wrist slappy slappy warning cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They need those skimmers to maintain the TAT's Back office behind closed doors tourism income.

Who do you think is gonna profit the most from such scams... the jet ski mafia alone??.... haha, not a chance....

Edited by MaxLee

Put up signs in Indian (Punjabi etc) saying "Warning Jet Ski Scam...". The Thais won't even be able to read it.

Just put a sign like this in Pattaya on Beach Road. 99 out of a 100 Thais in Pattaya can't even read (English) !!!

Edited by FredNL

Warned ? Warned ? How about "cut it out or we will throw you in the slammer!".

The statement "pleading with them to bring the scam artists in their midst into line" , just shows you how impotent the authorities really are. But if authorities are asked to hassle falang, no problem, when, where and for how much ?

As usual, all talk, NO action.

Yes thats right, no Action from Pattaya Police against Scams. But Pattaya Police act with no Mercy against small Traffic Offenses. Especially Tourists get often caught on the first Day with no valid Motorcycle Driving License.

I wonder if Pattaya Police ever have checked the Driving License from one of the Scammers, or if they ever issued a Fine, I am afraid the Answer is no.

AGREED IN FULL

As this scam is to profatible to let loose, otherwise one won't risk Pattaya arrivals so many years.

They will not be stopped as there is too much money being passed up the chain of officials.

Do you get Chinese tourists here? A few complaints from that country might make things even hotter. I would not be surprised because how 'controlled' these groups are, they just would probably buy their own jet-skis, and not even bother dealing with the local mafia or anyone else. Of course, a group of farangs living over there, could get together and buy some, which they 'share' ... That, wouldn't have thought, constitutes a business, and if it does, what about setting it up as a Charity for Farangs only? Other tour operators could, I am guessing, do the same thing for their clients .... There seems to be lot of complaints about what happens out there, but in this thread, no-one has suggested an alternative way of getting around this situation. "Jest a thort" as Bluebottle (The Goon show) would often say ....

As usual, all talk, NO action.

Yes thats right, no Action from Pattaya Police against Scams. But Pattaya Police act with no Mercy against small Traffic Offenses. Especially Tourists get often caught on the first Day with no valid Motorcycle Driving License.

I wonder if Pattaya Police ever have checked the Driving License from one of the Scammers, or if they ever issued a Fine, I am afraid the Answer is no.

Where did you get caught then???? No mercy shown, a massive 400 baht fine hahahahahahahhaha