Chinese couple held under suspicion of stealing 10-million baht diamond

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another case of the PM his quality tourists...... bombing, stealing.... high quality i must say.....

What the hell does this have to do with the PM? I guess you are saying that none of the previous governments (or TAT) never encouraged Chinese tourists in the past?

You really are a one trick pony. Try and move on will ya

You hand a 10 million baht diamond over to a customer, and allow it to leave your sight, so that you can't tell if it was exchanged with a fake? Some people don't deserve to be in the jewelry business.

n

A switch by a proffesional would not be seen, and no chance would you see it. It is hard to tell difference with a diamond and a Ziacon only through an eye scope.

I wonder who's job it is to locate the evidence and secure it for the court appearance.

There you go you had to stir up the sh*t. As they were arrested at the airport(almost but not quite got away) lets say they got on the plane would they have to crap in a plastic bag on the airplane just in case? Sticky wicket eh what?

Edited by elgordo38

6 carats = 11.7mm wide. Guess well lubricated to get it down (up). biggrin.png

10 million Kachillian Baht, swallowed down the toilet, and value down to ******** Excrement Good luck in selling that piece of ********** Excrement made in China cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The Responsible Event organizers will blame their staff for causing their bosses to lose ******Y Excrement FACE cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaxLee

Chinese pair nabbed over stolen diamond

Supachai Sinprasert

The Nation

30268654-01_big.jpg?1442011983817

BANGKOK: -- TWO Chinese have been arrested for allegedly stealing a diamond worth over Bt10 million from the Bangkok Gems & Jewellery Fair.

An exhibitor at the fair reported the alleged theft on Thursday, the first day of the five-day fair.

Based on CCTV footage, police quickly obtained arrest warrants and alerted immigration police.

The two suspects were nabbed while preparing to board a flight at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Thursday. They denied any wrongdoing.

"They asked to see a diamond piece in our show cabinet," Mantana Wiyakaew, a sales assistant at the exhibition, told police. "After discussing the Bt10-million price for a while, they returned the 'diamond' piece to me. I checked the diamond and found that the returned piece is a fake."

The sales assistant was able to identify the suspects but officials could not find the missing diamond. Police are investigating further, relying on witnesses and CCTV footage.

Central Institute of Forensic Science's spokesman Dr Suranarong Srisuwan said the DNA swabs from the suspects were now being examined with other items of evidence.

"The results should come out in a week," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Chinese-pair-nabbed-over-stolen-diamond-30268654.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-09-12

The one in the white dress has got a nice arse.

Idiots. Why wasn't there a third accomplice not going to the fair that it could be passed to? These fairs are not really all that secure, too. I doubt I'd be displaying a 10M diamond at such a fair, and if I did, I'd definitely would not be taking my eye off of it!!

Chinese pair nabbed over stolen diamond

Supachai Sinprasert

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- TWO Chinese have been arrested for allegedly stealing a diamond worth over Bt10 million from the Bangkok Gems & Jewellery Fair.

An exhibitor at the fair reported the alleged theft on Thursday, the first day of the five-day fair.

Based on CCTV footage, police quickly obtained arrest warrants and alerted immigration police.

The two suspects were nabbed while preparing to board a flight at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Thursday. They denied any wrongdoing.

"They asked to see a diamond piece in our show cabinet," Mantana Wiyakaew, a sales assistant at the exhibition, told police.

"After discussing the price for a while, they returned the 'diamond' piece to me. I checked the diamond and found that the returned piece is a fake."

The sales assistant was able to identify the suspects but officials could not find the missing diamond.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Chinese-pair-nabbed-over-stolen-diamond-30268592.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-09-11

the fair was held on thursday and the couple were leaving on the same day?

So after going to the fair they travelled to the airport.

It's amazing how did they manage to know where the couple were going.

Welcome to TAT. Definition of quality

I'm so happy the shoe is finally on the other foot No way Thailand can be prepared for what's about to happen as soon asASEAN is open...lol

Did you not read? They were Chinese. Please explain what that has to do with ASEAN. China is not a member.

Den

The scammers have been scammed! Remember the Saudi blue diamond.

What scam was the owner perpetrating?

I'm sure many of us remember the Saudi incident but what has that to do with this alleged theft by two Chinese?

The scam would be selling a fake diamond in the first place. Either the jeweler did not know she had bought and was now selling a fake diamond, in which case the jeweler was being scammed, or the jeweler knew it was fake and now got caught and is trying to claim insurance on it