Man shoots girlfriend for dumping him in Phuket

Lite Beer

When is the local authorities going to amend laws about illegal gun ownerships and also control legal gun ownerships. Introduce the immeidtae death penalty for those in possession of illegal guns and make an exmaple of at leat the first thousand by immeidate public executions of them getting shot in public, as least seeing them cry and pee in their pants before these dogs die might deter the rest of the dogs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the local authorities going to amend laws about illegal gun ownerships and also control legal gun ownerships. Introduce the immeidtae death penalty for those in possession of illegal guns and make an exmaple of at leat the first thousand by immeidate public executions of them getting shot in public, as least seeing them cry and pee in their pants before these dogs die might deter the rest of the dogs.

The whole reason I read this article is I wanted to see how many posts it would take before the hang em high anti gun extremists would chime in. Not bad, took until the second page.

On the way back to Victory Monument from Chon Buri, a couple of years ago, a van driver dumped me on the freeway. I eventually worked out, staring around in unfamiliar territory, that I was supposed to walk to the exit lane, down the ramp and wherever, with traffic brushing past me ... for ****'s sake! He should be shot. .. along with a few others.

...that must be 'the other logic'.....

...my wife always used to say....'I hate genius, I hate logic'......

...obviously you have 'a better one'.....'your logic'....or.....'the other logic'....

...multipurpose....... to excuse away any evil, illegal or insane action........

scary idea that this moron was carrying a weapon.

I wonder how many unregistered guns are in circulation.

My message is....don't count on a gentlemans fight ever downhere it is eighter 'wack with a pack' or gunned down.

Careful now - you might wake up the Gun Lobby here. They will tell you that if the girlfriend had legally owned an assault rifle (and carried it around with her) he would not have dared...so it is really her own fault for not protecting herself.

Forget the snidy about the gun lobby; you saying she bears no responsibility just because she is the victim ? She knew about his temper and his gun yet she kept at him. She knew what she should be expecting when she got him that wound up. She could have tried to cool thing down before they got out of hand.

Are you for real?

Are you saying she got what was coming to her?!?

If you have family, particularly young children, I fear for the safety of your family and the upbringing of your children when you have an attitude like that. Perhaps your school headmaster should have administered some fatal beatings to cure you (and the rest of humanity) of this attitude.

Besides that, according to the article, he shot her because she was out of there!

Nothing will change in Thailand. If you choose to live here you need to put up with what it is but when you complain in this forum it makes you feel better and gives some comfort that someone is listening to you and that something might change. I had a meaningful discussion last night with the Khlong Toei rats down by the waters edge and they all agree with me.

I don't believe it, I got very mad, i was drunk, i had a headache, there was a mosquito in the room,

i stub my toe, see it, i lost my car keys, so I shot her. I didn't mean to hurt her, I was angry,”

I'm going to sell all my belongings and move to Thailand, can't wait to meet the neighbours.

scary idea that this moron was carrying a weapon.

I wonder how many unregistered guns are in circulation.

My message is....don't count on a gentlemans fight ever downhere it is eighter 'wack with a pack' or gunned down.

Careful now - you might wake up the Gun Lobby here. They will tell you that if the girlfriend had legally owned an assault rifle (and carried it around with her) he would not have dared...so it is really her own fault for not protecting herself.

Forget the snidy about the gun lobby; you saying she bears no responsibility just because she is the victim ? She knew about his temper and his gun yet she kept at him. She knew what she should be expecting when she got him that wound up. She could have tried to cool thing down before they got out of hand.

Wow!

Errrr, How about no means no?

As I've said before, Thai male maturity stops at around age 12.

Your being conservative. The average Thai male is raised by his mommy. Not many that I've met have a strong father figure to teach them how to be men. If they are lucky, they go into the military and get their first taste of manhood there. Or they find their way into some other organization that teaches them responsibility and discipline, like Muay Thai, or being raised as a young monk in a monastery. Barring military experience, or crossing paths with another Thai male that does have discipline, most never mature. Mommy (Mae) never insists that their child become responsible. Mommy takes care of all of that. And once in school, doting female teachers pick up where mommy leave off. They are physically men, but mentally? Don't kid yourself, this is a strong matriarchal society at the level of family and school. The illusion of Thai masculinity is just that: an illusion for most. Hence, it's difficult for them to accept responsibility, no less exert personal discipline. This may sound like I'm painting with a broad brush, but I've lived directly in the Thai community for quite a long time. I've never 'lived' in farang communities; I've lived in strictly Thai community since coming here. So, speaking from experience, not some preconceived notion.

Let's not just blame the Mum's here.

In the Thai culture where Thai men think it is acceptable to cheat on their partners, relationships sometimes end far too quickly.

Especially since they often opt for the informal Wat wedding rather than a formally registered one at the Amphur.

Many Thai Mum's have been dumped by their husbands and left to take care of their children with no support from the father.

Therefore, Mum goes out to work all day to earn the money to keep them and her parents.

The children are actually brought up by the doting Grandparents.

The children want something and the Grandparents simply give it to them and get more money from Mum.

This makes the Grandparents seem like Gods to the very spoiled children.

Sometimes, Mum has to say no because she cannot afford it and then the children regard Mum as the baddie!

The father is always a good guy because they hardly ever see him and on the odd times they do, he gives them a few sweeties.

Just sayin.

Edited by laislica