New Airbus in commission at Royal Thai Air Force

Lite Beer

What ever happened to the PM's comment about how officials should travel economy class on airplanes?

Whatever happened to people reading the comments previously posted before adding their comment ?

Try to keep up, the plane was ordered by Yingluck, not the current PM.

Where does it state in my comment that I said the current PM ordered the plane. It is irrelevant that the plane was ordered by Yingluck. I am not commenting on who ordered the plane, but on the statement made by the current PM.

Try and keep up.

Reading comprehension not your strong point. Better luck next time!

thats pretty funny. has anyone seen the interior of this jet. I find it hard to believe they would put 75 people in there, also....humanitarian relief....I am thinking they wont be doing that with this jet, wouldnt want to mess up the leather seating.

post-243141-0-12995400-1442069558_thumb.

Edited by jaybas

So the air force gets an Airbus. Oh, the parties they will throw on that behemoth. Now the navy will ramp up their request to buy submarines again. Can't wait to see what the army will be getting.

Actually, 'makes infinitely more sense than the submarines, which I suspect won't be getting anywhere near as many miles as the Airbus.

"...a passenger plane for high-ranking and prominent persons."

Yes, because that's what these guys need; more pampering paid for by the tax payers. All hail Uncle Too for steering Thailand onto the correct path!!

"Aside from transporting important persons, the airbus will be used for humanitarian missions such as evacuation of disaster-affected Thais living overseas and peace-keeping operations."

Miss that bit did you?

So the air force gets an Airbus. Oh, the parties they will throw on that behemoth. Now the navy will ramp up their request to buy submarines again. Can't wait to see what the army will be getting.

With Thai maintenance it could be the navy's first sub.

Thai aircraft maintenance is not up to standard? Where did you get that gem from?

Yes, because that's what these guys need; more pampering paid for by the tax payers. All hail Uncle Too for steering Thailand onto the correct path!!

"Aside from transporting important persons, the airbus will be used for humanitarian missions such as evacuation of disaster-affected Thais living overseas and peace-keeping operations."

Miss that bit did you?

No, I didn't miss that part. I just don't have junta loving goggles on so I don't actually believe it. Edited by MZurf

Thai aircraft maintenance is not up to standard? Where did you get that gem from?

Well, let's just say that there isn't enough money in the world for me to fly a chopper for the Thai army. Seriously, don't you read the news at all???

What ever happened to the PM's comment about how officials should travel economy class on airplanes?

Whatever happened to people reading the comments previously posted before adding their comment ?

And the current PM could easily have said " the extravagance wasn't needed" ;) come on Mike, can't you see the snouts in the trough are one and the same just a shirt change.

And the current PM could easily have said " the extravagance wasn't needed" wink.png come on Mike, can't you see the snouts in the trough are one and the same just a shirt change.

Yes Fatty, I am well aware the red shirts and skirts have been changed to camo'. It really is history repeating itself.

And if that is the case the present government will do the same as the previous one and do it's best to stay at the trough for as long as possible, no matter what cost to the people.

Yingluck tried to keep the generals happy but on the end they took over. Prayuth should have canceled the purchase or took one of the THAI planes.

Pity the PM could not have "canceled" more of Yingluck's brainstorms, like the Rice Scam. The money saved could have paid for a fleet of those planes. whistling.gif

• 2 months later...

The bird was ordered in 2013.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Defence-wins-Bt3-4bn-budget-for-Airbus-ACJ320-jet-30209122.html

Indeed, All Hail Auntie Poo for steering Thailand onto the correct path!

But then, she had a guiding predecessor who also liked Airbus:

Thaksin's costly air taxi

Thailand recently took delivery of a customised Airbus A319 jet liner, which has been fitted out so that the premier and his 40 cabinet ministers can discuss urgent matters of state in comfort while hurtling through the skies.

Before acquiring his very own "Air Force One" Thaksin had to make do with rather basic air force jets. The new aircraft, with its on-board cabinet meeting room, is reported to have cost Bt1.1 Billion of taxpayer's money.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/73451d48-006b-11d9-ad31-00000e2511c8.html

This new airbus cost 3.2 billion baht. The base model is 2.7 billion ( about $75, million USD ) Pretty luxury for humanitarian usage.

• 3 weeks later...

"high-ranking and prominent persons"

Always thought that this is the task of Thai Airways....... maybe shareing first class with other "peasants" is not good enough anymorecoffee1.gif

"the airbus will be used for humanitarian missions such as evacuation of disaster-affected Thais living overseas and peace-keeping operations."

and I doubt that with the humanitarian missions....OK maybe to fly out the ambassador but they won't let in in the smelly peasants into the hi-so plane....

Irony of irony, it might be subject to the FAA ban ......