PM: Anyone expressing opinions that lead to unpeace in the country will be prosecuted

Lite Beer

OMG Is this the last time I will be able to make comment on this site !!!!

Of course you can, just don't post anything remotely critical of the junta. Posts like that lead to unpeace.

Prayut shouldn't ban "1984", he should study it. It might give him ideas on how to prevent people from having thoughts that lead to unpeace.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And... Is anyone of us (non-thai) suffering? Any negative impact for your daily life? We are still doing fine... We are guests in this country and we have to respect whatever is going on here. If you don't want this kind of democracy...well there are worst places in the world like TH.

Let have a beer. Cheers!

And... Is anyone of us (non-thai) suffering? Any negative impact for your daily life? We are still doing fine... We are guests in this country and we have to respect whatever is going on here. If you don't want this kind of democracy...well there are worst places in the world like TH?

Let have a beer. Cheers!

Thailand is a sovereign nation, but of course embedded in international economy. Not good to risk a reputation.

For me, Thailand is a friendly country, I would like to stay here forever.

Even as a guest I consider it my duty to tell if I think something is going wrong, just a warning (maybe based on false perception). I would certainly not like guests that care about nothing else than my beer.

Thailand needs an iron fist for at least the next 2 years, otherwise it will fall back into red/yellow mess again. I find him moderate and there's alot to do for him. My 3 cents

Moderate???

No of individual officially ordered to report total 600+ which include politicians, academics and peaceful demonstrators.

Detained 200+

Criminal prosecution after reporting 77 (60 military court)

Passport revoked 11

LM 14

And that's only the first few months after the coup. Reference Amnesty International.

Still think its moderate?

Soalbundy, don't worry! Everything's in the green range. The people here need some discipline, I see it on a daily basis at work, in the traffic and elsewhere. The "me" attitude must be corrected here, and there is alot to do. Previous governments failed badly, so give them a chance.

Soalbundy, don't worry! Everything's in the green range. The people here need some discipline, I see it on a daily basis at work, in the traffic and elsewhere. The "me" attitude must be corrected here, and there is alot to do. Previous governments failed badly, so give them a chance.

The "Me" attitude that is the real problem is those in the Thai power structure who feel that their position in Thai society entitles them to millions of THB through graft and other illegal and unethical activities. I doubt those at the top of that power structure have any interest in reforming a tried and true route to personal wealth. More likely they shuffle the faces on the organizational chart and keep the status quo

And... Is anyone of us (non-thai) suffering? Any negative impact for your daily life? We are still doing fine... We are guests in this country and we have to respect whatever is going on here. If you don't want this kind of democracy...well there are worst places in the world like TH.

Let have a beer. Cheers!

I am suffering trying to get back and forth to work every day when these yahoos are driving all over the place pretending they are important.

Let have a beer. Cheers!

I am suffering trying to get back and forth to work every day when these yahoos are driving all over the place pretending they are important.

Go to Bangkok I understand there is no traffic at all.

Let have a beer. Cheers!

I'm afraid you understand incorrectly. Come to Bangkok and I'll show you.

Maybe a view of the traffic at Victory Monument around 8AM would help, Maybe listen to stories from Thai who leave the house 5AM - 5:30AM so they can drop their children at school and still be in the office before 7AM avoiding the traffic jams (and do a nap in the office to awake again after 8AM).

Let have a beer. Cheers!

Struggling to understand this. Bangkok traffic sucks. Then these army dudes decide to drive around in there humvees and buses during rush hour and make it all worse. So there is an effect of my life every day. Besides all the indirect stuff that you can read about in numerous other threads.

Let have a beer. Cheers!

Struggling to understand this. Bangkok traffic sucks. Then these army dudes decide to drive around in there humvees and buses during rush hour and make it all worse. So there is an effect of my life every day. Besides all the indirect stuff that you can read about in numerous other threads.

Are you in Bangkok now or talking about a while ago?

Let have a beer. Cheers!

Are you in Bangkok now or talking about a while ago?

Talking about this morning.

Btw, I have quite alot friends and they share my view... All long term expats working 10y+ here.

well that's 1 post every 2.5 years well done! BTW I also agree many farangs like the Military Junta, which they would hate 'back home', so what does that make them? have a think

Sorry I was reading a Kiwi who is now only a visitor to Thailand who said Bangkok was as slow as he had ever seen it. He is probably wrong or has an agenda. I've never seen an Army guy in a van or humvee so you're one up on me. But I'm not a city boy.

Sorry I was reading a Kiwi who is now only a visitor to Thailand who said Bangkok was as slow as he had ever seen it. He is probably wrong or has an agenda. I've never seen an Army guy in a van or humvee so you're one up on me. But I'm not a city boy.

They look like humvees to me but could technically could be something similar. In any case they are hilarious bc they have lights affixed to the top as if they are police cars or an ambulance or something.