Just when Windows 10 and I were getting on so well....

pinkpanther99

now have Windows 10 since yesterday.. guess will get used to it, hated 8 and went back to 7..

normal always create a system rescue disk, but for the life of me cannot find how to anywhere ?? any ideas ?

still learning, got Kodi up and running perfect today, sad.png cannot find driver for my Logitech web cam [OS not supported !!] so not working.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-windows-10-usb-recovery-drive/

Most web cams anymore use the standard USB Web Cam driver from Microsoft. If yours requires a special driver, check the Logitech website for the most recent driver for your camera. A Windows 8.1 driver should work in most cases, if there's no Windows 10 driver.

Thanks...... no more CD disc as a system rescue disk on, guess that was to easy with Windows 7.. already done a back up to one of my other hard drives , so guess will have to buy another USB stick, as the 2 I have both have different versions of Kodi on.

Tried the M$ USB web cam, no luck, F1 racing about to start so will try Logitech website tomorrow.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stay with XP until you pioneers have sorted it all out for me. And even then I might stay with XP.

I use Windows XP, have done for years with no problems.

Never saw any need for the Windows updates. All they do is add more junk onto the computer slowing it down. Gave up using Internet Explorer long ago, which makes the updates even less applicable.

I also use Avast anti virus software, again with no problems.

Providing the computer has some decent anti virus and anti spy ware installed; Avast, Melabytes, Spybot or similar, then there is no need for any Windows security updates with XP.

If something works and does the job reasonably well, why change it.

I'll stay with XP until you pioneers have sorted it all out for me. And even then I might stay with XP.

Never saw any need for the Windows updates. All they do is add more junk onto the computer slowing it down. Gave up using Internet Explorer long ago, which makes the updates even less applicable.

Providing the computer has some decent anti virus and anti spy ware installed; Avast, Melabytes, Spybot or similar, then there is no need for any Windows security updates with XP.

You still watching TV on a black and white telly also whistling.gif

You still watching TV on a black and white telly also whistling.gif

I love you too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old laptop with a core I3 1.8 Ghz cup I installed Windows 10 on just to see if I wanted to install it on any of my real PC's or laptop and aside from being slow, which it was running Windows 7, I don't have any complaints. It runs everything, no problems, I can find the control panel, programs, settings (unlike that Windows 8 cluster f* of an OS. Still haven't installed it on my main PC yet but that's just because I haven't had time.

I have been running Windows 10 on my desktop for 3 weeks now and I haven't found any major problems so far, just a couple of minor ones where I had forgotten a little used program. I put it on my laptop this week and it is OK My 12 year old son switched between Win 7 and 10 easily.

Now comes the hard one as I want to put it on my old clunky laptop that only has an 80gB hard drive but it is only used for playing games.

Unless you have a good reason to upgrade that old laptop you use for gaming, you might want to hold off upgrading to Windows 10 because it is very slow on old machines with slower processors. I think it will do fine on my dual core i7 790 4Ghz machine but my old laptop was just too slow to run it properly.

Unless you have a good reason to upgrade that old laptop you use for gaming, you might want to hold off upgrading to Windows 10 because it is very slow on old machines with slower processors. I think it will do fine on my dual core i7 790 4Ghz machine but my old laptop was just too slow to run it properly.

I can always reformat it and start again.

The problem I have is downloading......... moving/opening a program which is on another hard drive.

Before upgrading to 10 moved some program's to another hard drive but when [create short cut] opening everything is in Thai, not English... tried re-downloading program's from an English site, but everything installs in Thai... ?? was all in English on Windows 7, cannot find a way to change

eg: Win Zip, Picasa etc........... why have no idea ? as normal set 'home' as UK..

Any advise please