Red stamp, visa denied, what to do?

Hi,

After successfully obtaining a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane, showing my bank statement and house rent agreement (passport was getting full), the immigration officer at the border, coming into Thailand, gave me the notorious red stamp, without knowing anything about my situation.

Unaware of this, 6 months later I went to Vientiane again, got refused, went to Savannakhet and got the double entry without showing any extra papers.

Yesterday i went to Savannakhet again, and got refused because of the red stamp. A bank statement wouldn't help, and now i'm back in the country on my last 14 days.

What are my options here?

An education visa would take more than 14 days to process.

Getting married will also take more than 14 days to process.

I could fly to Bali, and hopefully get a triple entry there as i still have about 7 pages left in my passport.

If i would fly to Kuala Lumpur and back, but what are my chances of being denied a 30 day visa on arrival, with the notorious red stamp? This way i could buy a new passport in bkk, and start a fresh slate.

My last, and most costly resort would be to fly back to Holland and get a new passport+visa there.

Am i missing something? Ideas anyone?

• Like 1

Officially the red stamp is a demand for proof of FOREIGN income.

Did you bank statement showed the money was actually coming from abroad?

For TR visa you still have

- Bali up to 3 entries (application supported by a return flight ticket for each entry)

- Vietnam , Hanoi up to 2 entries, HCMC single entry, they have requirements also.

Although I don't know if any of these consulate would take your red stamp in consideration, it's a gamble you might have to take

and in 14 days getting a new passport in Asia will be too short.

The other solution is a visa agent.

Edited by Kitsune

If you wish to obtain a new passport you can do it easily under 14 days if you pay an extra levy to your embassy.

Not sure if you can for all countries. I'm AU and paid I think about 3000baht. Funny thing was I didn't need to came back in under a week without emergency payment

"the immigration officer at the border, coming into Thailand, gave me the notorious red stamp, without knowing anything about my situation.

Unaware of this, 6 months later I went to Vientiane again, got refused,"

None of this makes sense. Immigration are not known for putting red stamps about visa eligibility in passports. They deny entry or let you in and decide how long you can stay. You're not being denied entry so immigration don't seem to have a problem with you.

The Vientiane Embassy may have put a red stamp in your passport, and have the right to refuse you a visa, but surely you would have seen the stamp when collecting your last visa.

You could try another country first but a stamp might cause problems there too. If you have an actual stamp in your passport then it would be a good idea to get a new passport.

If you need more time to organise a new passport, an 'ED' visa or get married you could apply for a 30 day extension of stay at immigration for 1,900 baht.

• Like 1

Elviajero, you're the man.

I just called immigration, explained my situation, and i can get a 30 days extension on a 14 day visa on arrival. Enough time to get a new passport in Bangkok.

Yes, it doesn't make any sense. I got my visa from vientiane with a blue stamp "Proofs of residence in Thailand & financial income are required next time" on the visa. As i forgot the proof of residence this time.

Then when i crossed the border back into thailand, the officer there added a red stamp above the thai visa sticker stating "Remark: the holder of this assport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the furute". Unaware this is seen as the "final stamp", it clearly states "may" and i have all the required documents, i tried my luck in Vientiane again.

Jacksam, i checked and the dutch embassy takes 3-4 weeks. There is no quick service option.

Kitsune, my bankbook only states ammount coming in and out, with a date. That's it. It's true that there is not much movement in that account, and mainly just holds the demanded ammount.

Guess i'll see in 2 days if they will give me a new passport with that red stamp...

Brewsterbudgen, i'm quite positive they don't track that. With the red stamp i managed to get a double entry in savannakhet before. But hey, we'll know in about a month when i show up with my new passport in Vientiane.

Thanks for all the replies!

Elviajero, you're the man.

I just called immigration, explained my situation, and i can get a 30 days extension on a 14 day visa on arrival. Enough time to get a new passport in Bangkok.

Yes, it doesn't make any sense. I got my visa from vientiane with a blue stamp "Proofs of residence in Thailand & financial income are required next time" on the visa. As i forgot the proof of residence this time.

Then when i crossed the border back into thailand, the officer there added a red stamp above the thai visa sticker stating "Remark: the holder of this assport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the furute". Unaware this is seen as the "final stamp", it clearly states "may" and i have all the required documents, i tried my luck in Vientiane again.

Glad to help.

Thanks for the info on the stamp. That's the first time I've heard of an IO using that stamp. It's normally the Embassy. It says "may" because they can't deny another visa based on x past visas. But it's basically saying don't bother.

"the holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future"

If that does not spell limitation of tourist visas what does?

This has been going on at Vientiane for years.

They and other embassies/consulates have always had the right to screen applicants. That is a completely different situation to there being a fixed limit on the number of TR's someone can have.

Kitsune, my bankbook only states ammount coming in and out, with a date. That's it. It's true that there is not much movement in that account, and mainly just holds the demanded ammount.

Guess i'll see in 2 days if they will give me a new passport with that red stamp...

Apparently it's not so much the amount or movement but the origin of your money.

I think you need to show that you are not paid by a Thai company but a foreign one.

I personally think that BS and they just want to limit the numbers of TR regardless, which is coherent with your second stamp,given at border.

"the holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future"

That is nothing new as you well know.

Vientiane has been reported many times as doing that stamp when a person has gotten to many visas back to back from them.

It is certainly not a limitation on the total number tourist visas a person can have by getting them at different locations.

• Like 1

What spells limitation is when someone with a tourist visa is not permitted entry solely on grounds of having too many tourist visas. Do you know something that no one else seems to know

Vientiane has been reported many times as doing that stamp when a person has gotten to many visas back to back from them.

It is certainly not a limitation on the total number tourist visas a person can have by getting them at different locations.

It did in Savannakhet for the OP.

He said he was refused another TR because of that stamp.

I know and last time we spoke about this, you said changing consulate was enough to get another visa/ break the back to back chain.

It seems that changing country is now also mandatory.

How many restrictions do they need to make, for you to pronounce the word "crackdown"?

I know and last time we spoke about this, you said changing consulate was enough to get another visa/ break the back to back chain.

How many restrictions do they need to make, for you to pronounce the word "crackdown"?

Is someone becoming anxious about their own ability to remain in Thailand legally?

Please excuse my ignorance. What was the reason for red stamp and what is its significance. Did io discuss it with you?

Please excuse my ignorance. What is the reason for the OP living in Thailand?

Work, marriage, study, family, retirement, volunteering?

All come with visas and extensions of stay.

• Like 1

Is someone becoming anxious about their own ability to remain in Thailand legally?

Rejoice : I have already left.

From reports made by members in this forum it is evident that Thai consulates limit the issuance of tourist visas to applicants of whom they are confident that they will use the visa for the purpose for which it is issued, ie for tourism. In other words, the consulates would refuse a new tourist visa based on their perceived incorrect use or abuse of the visa by the applicant, rather than simply on a fixed number of tourist visas previously issued to the applicant.

• Like 1

From reports made by members in this forum it is evident that Thai consulates limit the issuance of tourist visas to applicants of whom they are confident that they will use the visa for the purpose for which it is issued, ie for tourism. In other words, the consulates would refuse a new tourist visa based on their perceived incorrect use or abuse of the visa by the applicant, rather than simply on a fixed number of tourist visas previously issued to the applicant.

Can you please post a tread where thai consulate has rejected correct application Note aacknowledge you cannot keep applying same consulate.

Rejoice : I have already left.

Glad to note you love los so much your still involved in informative posts

Can you please post a tread where thai consulate has rejected correct application Note aacknowledge you cannot keep applying same consulate.

No, I cannot.

P.S. Yes, I can:

Posted 2015-06-07: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/831179-tourist-visa-attempt-in-kuala-lumpur-avoid/

Posted 2015-04-20: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818733-no-more-tourist-visa-in-kuala-lumpur/#entry9322937

Posted 2014-09-04: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757383-offshore-worker-denied-visa/

Posted 2014-07-04: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740045-denied-tourist-visa-at-thai-embassy-in-singapore-need-help/

Edited by Maestro
added postscript
  • Like 1

No, I cannot.

P.S. Yes, I can:

Posted 2015-04-20: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818733-no-more-tourist-visa-in-kuala-lumpur/#entry9322937

Posted 2014-09-04: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757383-offshore-worker-denied-visa/

Posted 2014-07-04: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740045-denied-tourist-visa-at-thai-embassy-in-singapore-need-help/

Posted 2012-02-17: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/534285-60-day-tourist-visa-refusal-in-kuala-lumpur-kl/

I read your attached threads. I am referring to people denied entry border or airport with VALID visas. I am not talking about refusal of application for tourist visa.

Also in all posts we get one side of story. Perhaps application was not complete.

Even with entry to los with a valid visa....we have one side of story. Perhaps person was suspected if working etc etc.

I was asking about rejection of entry with VALID visa

Also as noted.....in some cases you cannot go necessarily to same embassy for many times in succession.

Your point?

No, I cannot.

P.S. Yes, I can:

Posted 2012-02-17: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/534285-60-day-tourist-visa-refusal-in-kuala-lumpur-kl/

I read your attached threads. I am referring to people denied entry border or airport with VALID visas. I am not talking about refusal of application for tourist visa.

Also in all posts we get one side of story. Perhaps application was not complete.

Even with entry to los with a valid visa....we have one side of story. Perhaps person was suspected if working etc etc.

I was asking about rejection of entry with VALID visa

Also as noted.....in some cases you cannot go necessarily to same embassy for many times in succession.

Your point?

The question asked was answered.

Now you provide answers to your different question.

• Like 1