Visa-free entry into Indonesia for 90 countries by year end

Visa-free entry into Indonesia for 90 countries by year end

150915_visa-wpcf_728x413.jpg

JAKARTA: -- The Indonesian government is set to waive visa requirements for another 45 countries by the end of this year, doubling the current figure, reported The Jakarta Post.

Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said a presidential regulation is currently in the process of being signed. He hoped the new policy can be applied by the end of this year.

Initially, the plan to waive visa requirements for more countries was set for next year. The ministry decided to bring the policy forward following the deregulation of assorted economic policies announced by the government on Sept 9.

Previously, Arief said that the visa-free policy was expected to increase foreign tourist arrivals by between 5 and 25 percent.

Based on the latest evaluation, the first phase of the visa-free policy successfully boosted foreign tourist arrivals from 30 countries by 15 percent, while total foreign visitors to Indonesia increased by 2.69 percent.

Arief said that he was hopeful that the latest policy would helped boost the tourism sector in Indonesia, including by attracting up to 20 million foreign tourists per year in 2019.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/visa-free-entry-into-indonesia-for-90-countries-by-year-end

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-16

I think Australia is one country that will still have to obtain a visa on entry and pay cash US dollars for it.

Well for those of us that know what happened in April and the diplomatic strain that caused, it's no wonder the Indonesians haven't given the Aussies the same privilege as everyone else.

However, in due course when relations start coming back on track they will probably be included too. Give it another few months or a year or so.

I think Australia is one country that will still have to obtain a visa on entry and pay cash US dollars for it.

They use to more than happily accept Australian dollars for the payment presuming the right amount equivalent to the USD charge. That said has been 18 mths since I was last there.

They use to more than happily accept Australian dollars for the payment presuming the right amount equivalent to the USD charge. That said has been 18 mths since I was last there.

I hear they accept multiple currencies such as AUD and SGD, but by paying in USD you will pay less. It's very much the same thing at the Myanmar, Cambodian and Lao borders for those who are purchasing visas on arrival (in the case of Myanmar only for short term visits near the border): pay in USD and you save money. Pay in Baht (or in the case of Cambodia and Laos next to their borders with other neighboring countries, VND or CNY) you pay more due to a disadvantageous exchange rate.

Please correct me if wrong, but Thailand offers visa-exempt entry already...

Meanwhile Thailand continues to take two steps forward and three steps back.

You may be right, but I can't remember the last step forward.

I believe he means the visa system in general. Case in point, what had happened this past week.

• Like 1

He he ... big deal..." If you can afford for the steak then I can afford for the salt"

what for to see Indonesia..??? ...there is plenty normal countries where human is treated as human....

Australia does not pay them money for free anymore??? well, nobody is stupid anymore after last incidents ...

This is not a friendly country really for different religion tourists.

They just tolerate us for our money... that's all.

Just imagine if tourists could behave same in Jakarta like in Bali.... I think "no way they could accept it without repercussions..

Pretty childish by Indonesia. But that's what you get when you have a little boy running the country instead of an adult.

But who cares anyway, there's plenty of other 3rd world sh!th0les that would be better places to visit than indonesia - like Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq...

• Like 1