Advice plse. Due in Jomtien Sunday, Cancel?

Seelow

Seems like there is a low at 1002 over Northern India, another sat at 1004 over us here and a 1008 out Vietnam way... So airflow will be from 1008 - 1002 ( from what I remember from school) I am calling wet for at least 2 days yet.

Open to more educated answers though!... Pilots, seafaring folk?

There is very little chance of flooding in View Talay 5 or on the beach near there due to the location and the way it is built. Even in the worst possible floods you would also be able to walk to numerous decent restaurants and shops on nearby Thappraya Road.

So I would say your main issue is whether the sun will be shining or not when you are here, and that's anyone's guess. As long as it isn't actually raining then the beach should be pleasant enough, and from your balcony you should have a nice view of the sea etc even if it is raining. Put your feet up and enjoy it.

Forecast I looked at showed brighter on Saturday, and some sun Sunday.

Water will have drained away from that area.

The water is long gone already around there. In fact it was gone as soon as the rain stopped: the advantage of living on a slope.

I just had my morning tea sitting in the sun on my balcony near Jomtien Complex. My building car park is dry and I could see no signs of flooding anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the suggestions, I had a great time.

Had a corner flat in Talay 7 in the end with huge balcony, did not miss the beach part at all, which was just as well as the water did not look very inviting.

I know it's low season but was not prepared for how quiet it was in Jomtien, not that I mind that but felt sorry for the business owners. Many restos and bars totally empty.

Had great spicy Thai food at Surf Seafood, only three tables full, and a great Indian curry at Real India where we were the only customers.

The only thing which seemed a little sad about the place was so many single male geriatrics wandering around looking a bit lost/lonely.

Hope business picks up alot coming into high season in a few weeks time.