Kasikorn bank ripoff

I went to the bank today to get the letter that Immigration requires to prove us falangs have enough money in the bank to get a non o visa extension. As soon as the bank clark realised what I wanted, he asked for my bank book, passport & 200 Baht...

200 Baht... this has been 100 Baht for as long as I've been getting visas here, how can they possibly justify a 100% increase just for a letter saying how much you have in your account?

This is price gouging of the worst sort on something that we have no option but to get... Does anyone know if the other banks have doubled their prices as well?

Before someone suggests that he put 100 Baht in his pocket I insisted on a receipt & got one so apparently this is bank policy to double the price & rip us all off.

I think even by Thailand standards this is disgraceful...

ok rant over.....

I was charged 200 baht last week at SCB, but the "bank statement" did the trick at Nong Khai yesterday. It took about 20 minutes to obtain this, and a lot of explaining, anything out of the ordinary is really too difficult for Thai banks. I would get this free in the UK, and not have to provide signed photocopies of passports etc.

• Like 1

> This is price gouging of the worst sort on something that we have no option but to get...

Not really.

The "proof of money in a Thai bank" is just one solution to get an extension.

You can get your extension without a "bank letter".

I did my report to the immigration a month ago. Went to my Kasikorn office beside Tukcom Pattaya tai. 120 baht. Where I come from the banks can't have different rates for the same service, but I wouldn't be surprised if ....:):),,well You know what

I mean...Have a nice flooding...

• Like 1

Last week I went into Thanachart to replace my lost debit card. Idiot woman did everything she could to upgrade me to the 500bht card that comes with 3000bht insurance. I HAVE in insurance already! after 30 mins she gave up and when I said can I have the 300 bht card now pls....her response?...we no hab stock! yeah right.

• Like 1

Is there a donation line being set up to help this distressed farang. he may be in need of rapid help over being ripped off / scammed for 100 Baht from the bank whistling.gif

What's the country coming to ? blink.png

cheap charlies , 200 bht , buttons . go home CC,s

" 200 Baht... this has been 100 Baht for as long as I've been getting visas here, how can they possibly justify a 100% increase just for a letter saying how much you have in your account?"

If you are from the US, you can always go to the Consulate for an income verification letter. They will only overcharge you US$50.00 (about 1,800 baht). I'm sure most other countries will do the same for their citizens. After all, that is why we pay taxes. biggrin.png

David

wait until you pay 10 baht per second at the bank and they go on a lunch break!!!!

and once i got 2 bowls of 30 baht soup and one had 11 more fish balls than the other!!!!!

pay the 100 baht, smile, enjoy life....

and when you say "falang" instead of "farang" i have a feeling you are up north

• Like 1

Last week I went into Thanachart to replace my lost debit card. Idiot woman did everything she could to upgrade me to the 500bht card that comes with 3000bht insurance. I HAVE in insurance already! after 30 mins she gave up and when I said can I have the 300 bht card now pls....her response?...we no hab stock! yeah right.

Which is why she tried to upgrade you probably.