Kasikorn bank ripoff

Last week I went into Thanachart to replace my lost debit card. Idiot woman did everything she could to upgrade me to the 500bht card that comes with 3000bht insurance. I HAVE in insurance already! after 30 mins she gave up and when I said can I have the 300 bht card now pls....her response?...we no hab stock! yeah right.

And if idiot farang had not lost debit card, then you wouldnt have to deal with all these idiots,

has it ocuured to you that she knew there where no Thb 300 cards and was trying to help you expedite a new card....

do you speak Thai or the bank teller speak English well enough to have this conversation, or was it pigion Thai/english or your long haired "translator" doing the talking ?

• Like 2

Last week I went into Thanachart to replace my lost debit card. Idiot woman did everything she could to upgrade me to the 500bht card that comes with 3000bht insurance. I HAVE in insurance already! after 30 mins she gave up and when I said can I have the 300 bht card now pls....her response?...we no hab stock! yeah right.

And if idiot farang had not lost debit card, then you wouldnt have to deal with all these idiots,

has it ocuured to you that she knew there where no Thb 300 cards and was trying to help you expedite a new card....

do you speak Thai or the bank teller speak English well enough to have this conversation, or was it pigion Thai/english or your long haired "translator" doing the talking ?

What a nasty little man you are , hungover I bet.

Her English was very good and if she had no stock she should have just said that up front but at the end she just waved me away with a flick of a hand " no stock" without even looking up at me.. To make things worse I still needed access to my money which meant trying to find my passbook from 8 years ago so asked if I could withdraw cash without it as I had my passport with me and the answer was NO so I asked her what if I cant find it , and get this..She tells me I need to go and make a police report and bring that back to the bank. Thats just insane!

Anyway all problems solve in 5 mins at another branch

• Like 2

I have paid BKK bank 100 baht for the last 8 years. A couple of months back 5 members of our Juristic Committee attended a meeting at Kasikorn Bank. At their request we brought passports; copies of AGM Minutes in Thai authorising us to transfer 500,000 baht to a deposit account to get extra interest. It had taken since January to get to this point. Just before completion of the deal we were asked to pay Insurance at the rate of 3 or 4 thousand EACH!

We are now in the process of transferring EVERYTHING to BKK bank.

> This is price gouging of the worst sort on something that we have no option but to get...

Not really.

The "proof of money in a Thai bank" is just one solution to get an extension.

You can get your extension without a "bank letter".

That comment does not apply to Nong Khai Immigration.

Her English was very good and if she had no stock she should have just said that up front but at the end she just waved me away with a flick of a hand " no stock" without even looking up at me.. To make things worse I still needed access to my money which meant trying to find my passbook from 8 years ago so asked if I could withdraw cash without it as I had my passport with me and the answer was NO so I asked her what if I cant find it , and get this..She tells me I need to go and make a police report and bring that back to the bank. Thats just insane!

Not nasty in the least...you call people idiots so it was fair comment, perfectly acceptable for you to call people idiots but you get upset when someone makes a similar comment and you start huffing and puffing Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

KGB charge 20Bt for checking your balance at a ATM,I noticed that there was a few Bt missing,when I asked they informed me. It does not show up on the bank book print out.

In a way that is almost true.

If you are in a different province then yes they charge you 20 baht. In your own province it is free.

I think it is not a good idea but then again if I have to worry about 20 baht I think I would be in deep financial trouble.

Is there a donation line being set up to help this distressed farang. he may be in need of rapid help over being ripped off / scammed for 100 Baht from the bank whistling.gif

What's the country coming to ? blink.png

I have a few 25 and 50 satang coins that I can spare. He will have to pay the postage though as I am only a poor pensioner.

I think Soutpeel is right.

Was that the same passport you used to open the account?

• Like 1

I have lost my KBank debit card several times and from experience I know I need a police report so my wife takes me 15 km to the area police office (they have no reasonable English speakers there and my Thai isn't good enough). He fills in the form, I pay 20 baht and give a copy to the bank and get a new card.

If they are out of stock I come back later. If I need money I can use my wife's card.

So easy and little hassle.

What people are saying is correct. They do try to push you into the expensive product. Kasikorn has tried to do that to me as well. I kept telling her no for 3 times. I can confirm that they lie to you in the face with the "out of stock" story. Insist that you want the "cheap" card and if they continue playing the same record tell her "i want to talk to your manager".