Pattaya and Koh Larn Flooding

farang1979

The missus and I are heading to Koh Larn this weekend was wondering what the update was in Pattaya regarding the floods?

It looks pretty bad on the photos but was wondering if this was localised to certain areas or affected everywhere.

Also are the ferries running to Koh Larn as normal?

New storm is expected in Pattaya through the weekend. This last storm was anything but 12 hours long, and closed almost all of the streets in town. They had to risk ferry boats to go back to Koh Larn and get people off the island. I would certainly not want to be there during any storm. I would hold off for this weekend if I were you. Not a good idea.

New storm is expected in Pattaya through the weekend. This last storm was anything but 12 hours long, and closed almost all of the streets in town. They had to risk ferry boats to go back to Koh Larn and get people off the island. I would certainly not want to be there during any storm. I would hold off for this weekend if I were you. Not a good idea.

Wow, where did you hear there was a new storm heading to Pattaya @Stoli? Hmm yeah just wondering if it's a good idea now.

I would stay home if I where you.

From an other thread:

The East Coast will have more rain than the rest of the country, particularly in Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat provinces. Waves in both the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will reach the maximum height of three meters during this time. Small fishing vessels should remain ashore.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856763-heavy-rains-continue-to-cause-havoc-in-many-thai-provinces/#entry9867857

I would stay home if I where you.

From an other thread:

The East Coast will have more rain than the rest of the country, particularly in Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat provinces. Waves in both the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will reach the maximum height of three meters during this time. Small fishing vessels should remain ashore.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856763-heavy-rains-continue-to-cause-havoc-in-many-thai-provinces/#entry9867857

Thanks for this. We've decided to call it off. It's not worth it. Apparently the government have issued warnings about the weather. Stay safe people.

No Storm. There is a wind warning for marine vessels for Saturday the 18th but not sure how accurate that information is. Could be old info assuming Vamco has not moved on (which it has) There is probably going to be some rain but just regular rainy season stuff. Nothing like tropical storm Vamco stuff. Today (Friday) was very nice. A bit of sun and nice cool breeze Sunbathers and beach mafia enjoying the day which they haven't been able to do for a couple days now. Beach and water probably hasn't been this clean in months. No rain all day but it has been spitting a bit (not enough rain to get you wet). Know someone who drove in from Bkk yesterday evening. They said there were no problems or delays.

Edited by lapd

Wow, where did you hear there was a new storm heading to Pattaya @Stoli? Hmm yeah just wondering if it's a good idea now.

I see that @ronthai has already provided the link. I do realize that the Weather Service is wrong half the time. I would love to go to Koh Chang, but this is just not the right time to visit islands.

Move to Pak Chong! No flooding ever up there! Alpine climate, anti-aging sanctuaries and a lot, lot more ! Live Younger, Live Longer !

Someone wanting to go to Pattaya may well be bored there!

Collecting wild herbs and hill-walking not for everyone.

The forecast for Pattaya I see suggests a bit of rain today and clear weather Sunday/Monday.