These service additives - required or not?

topt

I will explain my position, before I retired i ran a very successful engine building company, for race engines winning numerous championships, I am a multiple British saloon car champion so know what I am talking about through experience. We spent months of work on engine dynos evaluating oils and additives, they are well worth using as they can improve power and reduce wear. Diesel injection cleaners also work extremely well. so up 2 u!!!

Ever raced Thunder Saloons? We might have a mutual acquaintance.

I will explain my position, before I retired i ran a very successful engine building company, for race engines winning numerous championships, I am a multiple British saloon car champion so know what I am talking about through experience. We spent months of work on engine dynos evaluating oils and additives, they are well worth using as they can improve power and reduce wear. Diesel injection cleaners also work extremely well. so up 2 u!!!

Ever raced Thunder Saloons? We might have a mutual acquaintance.

No but I was friends with Gerry Marshall, Mike Smith and Noel Edmonds in the Radio one series, and Jock Robertson Mazda fame.

Think the OP is talking about his grocery getter, not a race car.

PS. What additive did you put in oil...?

I will ignore your juvenile comments.

Buying my first new FI car, I went to the service manager - asked what I should do different than a carb car.

Reply - use FI cleaner.

75,000 km had a factory recall for possible problem with head gasket. Asked the dealership to allow me to see the cylinder head before it was reinstalled. Valve stems and combustion chambers clean as new. Piston tops and valve faces colored black but no deposits or buildup anywhere.

Made me a believer.

Tech's could always tell when they tore down an engine and the owners ran Chevron - Cal Tex ← always spotless ..... Fuel choice does make a difference too......