Big budget to fix Patong's floods

Lite Beer

Big budget to fix Patong's floods
Phuket Gazette -

1_2015918165145542_QWOjgwOpuLvBzztPkCWRp

The Patong Police Station is just one of many places that will benefit from the construction of flood preventing infrastructure. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: A 420-million-baht budget has been approved by the Public Works Department to help alleviate flooding in Patong.

“Four flood-protection methods will be put into place from 2016 through 2018,” Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsub told the Phuket Gazette.

The department is now working with municipality officials on surveying, planning and designing the new systems that include a retaining wall, man-made ponds, shortcut drains and a sluice gate.

Read More: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Big-budget-fix-Patongs-floods/61984?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-09-18

I love how there are budgets for these types of projects with huge skim potential, but when it comes to fixing a road with a 3 metre drop, there is " no budget". How about allocating just 20 million of this budget to public restrooms and changing rooms every 500 metres on the beach, more lifeguard funding for more personnel and more modern equipment? Oh no, of course not, that's a different department and not my responsibility says those whose noses are in the trough .......................................

They could be fixing it for real, price seems high but its probably worth it if they really fix it.

The main street in my area has major flooding issues for years, now even in the biggest rain theres 0 accumulation. Even if they took 100m in their pockets, im sure people are still happy that things for fixed.

I love how there are budgets for these types of projects with huge skim potential, but when it comes to fixing a road with a 3 metre drop, there is " no budget". How about allocating just 20 million of this budget to public restrooms and changing rooms every 500 metres on the beach, more lifeguard funding for more personnel and more modern equipment? Oh no, of course not, that's a different department and not my responsibility says those whose noses are in the trough .......................................

of course less skimming potential.

Hua Hin had a very well known flood-spot, so , the Mayor and his gang spent millions in the last year to alleviate this floody problem. The flood works did not go out to tender ... Hmmmm..

And guess what... It does not work, the area still floods..!