should i sell it now and be done with the headache. condo

big thanks! finally a helping posting

I mentioned the Majestic yesterday, along with Nirun and one other building, all of which should have something suitable for you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856982-should-i-sell-it-now-and-be-done-with-the-headache-condo/page-4#entry9883312

Maybe you should employ someone to do your reading on ThaiVisa as well as your typing?

maybe you should realise that i am not interested to waste time on noncomittal and unspecific "advice" such as

I take it you have looked at Majestic and Nirun? There is also a big building at the back of Thepprasit night market that might be suitable. Cant remember the name.

and take a look what information TV-member "wpcoe" provided:

post-35218-0-76882100-1443058110_thumb.j

post-35218-0-22312800-1443058133_thumb.j

post-35218-0-95972400-1443058161_thumb.j

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned the Majestic yesterday, along with Nirun and one other building, all of which should have something suitable for you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856982-should-i-sell-it-now-and-be-done-with-the-headache-condo/page-4#entry9883312

Maybe you should employ someone to do your reading on ThaiVisa as well as your typing?

maybe you should realise that i am not interested to waste time on noncomittal and unspecific "advice" such as

I take it you have looked at Majestic and Nirun? There is also a big building at the back of Thepprasit night market that might be suitable. Cant remember the name.

attachicon.gifmajestic4naam.02.jpg

attachicon.gifmajestic4naam.03.jpg

attachicon.gifmajestic4naam.04.jpg

So you don't have only lackeys at home, but you expect Thaivisa members also to act as your lackeys?

Are you sure you're not struggling with a misguided sense of self importance?

So what you are actually saying is that you have finally realised that your realtor cant do this job properly, and so now you have decided that rather than take the trouble to do some research yourself you will just see if there isnt some ThaiVisa member who will do it all for you for free?

And maybe you found one. Well, more fool him.

I certainly would not be inclined to help anyone so lazy, ignorant and conceited.

So you don't have only lackeys at home, but you expect Thaivisa members also to act as your lackeys?

Are you sure you're not struggling with a misguided sense of self importance?

what i expect and what not is nobody's business. i have been assisting TV-members since 9 years and i received often valuable advice which i always appreciated. comments like yours don't bother but amuse me tongue.png

If the parking is included in the Common Area of the condo you cannot have allocated parking.

the allocated parking spaces are marked/numbered with the apartment numbers. i was told that the seller paid THB 175k for each allocated space on top of the apartment price. perhaps that is mentioned in the chanote, will have it checked one of these days as i don't speak or write Thai.

If it is not on the Chanote chum..... You're buggat..... Are these 'owners' paying CAM fee for their unit + the car parking space?

neither my friend (the buyer) nor i am "buggat" because both apartments are rented out long term and the parking spaces were never a deciding factor to buy.

logical reason: it is highly unlikely that a tenant who lives in a 28m² shoebox that costs 14,000 Baht to rent and who's electricity bill is less than 1,000 Baht in the hot season owns a car.

next! coffee1.gif

True enough.. Because the clever renters with the cars are probably renting in the Majestic @6-7k a month.. Hence they afford the car!

True enough.. Because the clever renters with the cars are probably renting in the Majestic @6-7k a month.. Hence they afford the car!

Majestic tenants need a car. they can't walk within 10 minutes to Beach Road wink.png

i am presently considering a purchase in the Majestic. not a shoebox but a 2-bedroom flat for a friend who is planning to spend 2-3 months a year in Thailand. looking at the asking price i wonder "where's the catch that causes that much price difference?" huh.png

i am presently considering a purchase in the Majestic. not a shoebox but a 2-bedroom flat for a friend who is planning to spend 2-3 months a year in Thailand. looking at the asking price i wonder "where's the catch that causes that much price difference?"

I know the answer to this, and to quite a few of the other questions that seem to elude both you and your army of paid servants.

Will I tell you? Nah.

I would suggest you over paid for the property. Here in Bangkok you can get one with same square meter for the same or a little bigger

Sorry but I think you will have it a very long time

Where in Bangkok??? In a good area( Sukhumvit, Sathorn, even Silom), you would be lucky to get one this size for 5-6 Million THB!
2.4 mill CT Green brand new Rama IX.. The thing is if you want to re-sell it within 5y I think property tax has to be paid in full again. After 5 y it is hal or less (dont remember)

I would suggest you over paid for the property. Here in Bangkok you can get one with same square meter for the same or a little bigger

Where in Bangkok??? In a good area( Sukhumvit, Sathorn, even Silom), you would be lucky to get one this size for 5-6 Million THB!
2.4 mill CT Green brand new Rama IX.. The thing is if you want to re-sell it within 5y I think property tax has to be paid in full again. After 5 y it is hal or less (dont remember)
TC green....a Chinese development full of complaints.... And this condo is brand new. Before you do anything I suggest a gf or a Thai Friend comb over prakard or pantip for some good reading. No Thai condo is worth 2.4 million for just over 30sqm. Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

TC green....a Chinese development full of complaints.... And this condo is brand new. Before you do anything I suggest a gf or a Thai Friend comb over prakard or pantip for some good reading. No Thai condo is worth 2.4 million for just over 30sqm.
I purchased one, perfect IMO furniture included from INDEX. Very clean and each building has it's own parking, swimmng pool and fitness.

"... i rushed into this deal without doing my homework and not thinking straight ..."

Your honesty is refreshing, and does not bode well for your extended stay in Thailand. All other posters question the intelligence of buying real estate, and how to evaluate the investment. Since the vast majority of the posters have never owned a home (in their home country, or Thailand), never will own property, and advocate loudly against it. Many people are jealous of another's success, and it's up to your to put on your big boy pants, and figure this out.

There have been a lot of postings referring to the so-called condo glut in Pattaya but if there is a glut I think it is in condos that buyers don't want to buy--or not enough want to buy. I live in a beach town by choice and if I were condo shopping, here is what I would tell the real estate agent: I want a condo with a fairly close view of the ocean, newer or new construction or soon to be finished, must have a big pool and a gym as the minimum of amenities, must have garage parking, and must be on the baht truck taxi line or just a short walk to it for when I don't want to drive or no longer can drive. Sky lounge and nice, large grounds would be a plus but not mandatory. So, you're the agent, what could you show me? If I want Jomtien, pretty much limited to Reflection, Lumpini Park Beach and Seaview, Cetus, and high floor Acqua. Pratamnak/Thappraya area: The Axis. South Pattaya: Unixx. Central Pattaya: The Base when it is done early next year, Centric Sea opening now, and Northshore. Naklua: The Palm, Zire, Baan Plaid, The Cove, Northpoint, Lumpini Naklua, AD Condo, Wong Amat Tower, and probably a few others I've forgotten--getting a little crowded over there. If I need a condo immediately, several of the players drop out. If I have a budget of 3MB for a 1 bedroom, some others fall by the wayside. Not really a glut when you view Pattaya as having different areas where buyers will choose to live. Most of the condos I mentioned I think are doing at least ok so it seems there are enough buyers like me. And, some Chinese are definitely starting to buy. That market should grow.

TC green....a Chinese development full of complaints.... And this condo is brand new. Before you do anything I suggest a gf or a Thai Friend comb over prakard or pantip for some good reading. No Thai condo is worth 2.4 million for just over 30sqm.

Yes there are and Thais pay that for them. Thonglor for example.

"... i rushed into this deal without doing my homework and not thinking straight ..."

Your honesty is refreshing, and does not bode well for your extended stay in Thailand. All other posters question the intelligence of buying real estate, and how to evaluate the investment. Since the vast majority of the posters have never owned a home (in their home country, or Thailand), never will own property, and advocate loudly against it. Many people are jealous of another's success, and it's up to your to put on your big boy pants, and figure this out.

I don't know many who have not owned real estate . I know some who have lost real estate thru divorce etc..maybe that clouds their view..it would mine.

Just because you rent doesn't mean you have never bought, that doesn't make sense, there is no correlation.

There is such a thing as learning from your experience....

Everybody makes mistake. I had lived here 20 years and still got into a property mess along with many Thais ( well to do).. It's not all black and white and about jealousy..

Thais pay for them to park the money and because they don't have a choice.

Since I grew up in both Serbia and Canada I can say with full confidence that no 30sqm Thai condo is worth 2.4 million to me.

Thais pay for them to park the money and because they don't have a choice.

Since I grew up in both Serbia and Canada I can say with full confidence that no 30sqm Thai condo is worth 2.4 million to me.

More like to park their cars.

They use them for weekend shopping and sometimes to pick up the kids from school.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely not recommend waiting it out on a condo in Pattaya.

I think real estate is an excellent "investment" long term, but not in Thailand right now. Thai currency is too high and price per square meter is higher than in most world class North American cities. This is just ridiculous. You are not buying property at the Cannes. You will be waiting long time and with the world class condo maintenance in Thailand you may well wait forever to make a profit.

As someone here suggested, you really need to sell this unit while still in it's "paper" form otherwise you may incur Epic losses.Have your Thai gf write you an add on Prakard. Up the price a littlebit and you will have a few lowball offers. Negotiate and close the deal. Have done it this myself. Even made a bit of profit. Trust me, way less headache than selling it under ownership. I can only imagine the hassle of it being sold under a Thai company.

thankyou

though selling now before completion you say would be better option for me ? why not wait untill complete when i have title deed etc in thai company name . i bought for 2.5 mill with full furnitut=re package 35sqm. on completion the bare empty shell condo ( unfurnished ) will sell for 2.61 million baht in thai company name, the furniture package cost me 300.000 baht . so maybe i should try sell now for 2.73 mill and at least try get money back or lose a little , cut my loses and run ?

can anyone go into this problem with thai comapnay name ? here is link to latest ccr condo price list - http://matrixpattaya.com/pricelists/city-center/pricelist.pdf

I would definitely not recommend waiting it out on a condo in Pattaya.

I think real estate is an excellent "investment" long term, but not in Thailand right now. Thai currency is too high and price per square meter is higher than in most world class North American cities. This is just ridiculous. You are not buying property at the Cannes. You will be waiting long time and with the world class condo maintenance in Thailand you may well wait forever to make a profit.

As someone here suggested, you really need to sell this unit while still in it's "paper" form otherwise you may incur Epic losses.Have your Thai gf write you an add on Prakard. Up the price a littlebit and you will have a few lowball offers. Negotiate and close the deal. Have done it this myself. Even made a bit of profit. Trust me, way less headache than selling it under ownership. I can only imagine the hassle of it being sold under a Thai company.

thankyou

though selling now before completion you say would be better option for me ? why not wait untill complete when i have title deed etc in thai company name . i bought for 2.5 mill with full furnitut=re package 35sqm. on completion the bare empty shell condo ( unfurnished ) will sell for 2.61 million baht in thai company name, the furniture package cost me 300.000 baht . so maybe i should try sell now for 2.73 mill and at least try get money back or lose a little , cut my loses and run ?

can anyone go into this problem with thai comapnay name ? here is link to latest ccr condo price list - http://matrixpattaya.com/pricelists/city-center/pricelist.pdf

This link was posted already by Expatoilworker, it is what is listed for sale by a single realtor, I'm sure they will be lining up to buy your condo at the price lited by Matrix.

http://pattayaproper...ale-in-pattaya/

Your buyer may not necessarily want to take on your company (for example if a Thai buys the condo).

If you sell just the contract before completion you wont have to pay the transfer tax (though you will probably have to pay a fee to the developer, and something for a lawyer) and you will be left with a company you dont want, but if you can sell your company along with its contract before completion then you would avoid paying wind-up fees or transfer tax and would only have the lawyer to pay.

If you wait until completion you will have paid the initial transfer tax and will still need to pay a lawyer, and may also have to pay wind-up fees depending on whether your buyer wants your company.

This is one of the disadvantages of company owned property: who will buy it?

Have you actually asked some agents what price they think you might realistically achieve? I suspect that their answer will be lower than you think. I think that there are many people considering doing exactly the same thing as you, and it's hard to see how they will all find buyers at any price let alone a good price.

There are dozens of threads regarding the purchase of a completed condo v buying one that will be completed in the future. Evidently, you've chosen to ignore all of them, and this will be an expensive lesson. A 100K THB/sqm makes some level of sense in BKK proper, within walking distance to the Metro or Skytrain. Spending that level of money in Pattaya is nonsensical. IMHO.

Have to totally disagree with about everything Theguyfromanotherforum said. Let's crunch the numbers. The OP paid 2.5MB for a small, new fully furnished condo. That's around $72,000 American dollars. I'd love to buy a new, fully furnished condo, even a small one, in a "World class North American city" (his words) for $72,000. So, no Thailand condos are not all more expensive than those in world class north American cities. The baht is trading for around 35.5 to 36 baht to the dollar and is going down against most currencies so that argument is rather weak, too. Now, Theguyfrommanotherforum is worried that the OP will incur "Epic losses" (his words) on this condo. Again, back to the numbers. I don't know what the condo maintenance fee will be but it's likely to not be more than 50 baht per square meter. That works out to around $600 a year for the very comforting knowledge that you will always have a roof over your head. Is $600 a year really "Epic losses"?

The OP could certainly advertise the condo for sale but if it is in central Pattaya I don't think he will have much trouble renting it. Why? There are not that many nice, new affordable condo projects in central Pattaya so there is less competition and many renters are looking for new condos with more amenities than just a pool. For many renters Central Pattaya is where they want to be and it should be even more desirable when The Bay entertainment/restaurant complex is done next year and in a few years when Asiatique 2 is finished near Central Festival. The Chinese have made Central Pattaya one of their favorite places to be and that market is growing, and not just with tourists. So, chin up, OP!

so if a thai buys the condo , then obviously he does not want or need the thai registered company and i,ll be stuck with it . so 3 questions please

1. how much to sell or wrap this company up

2. if completed and ive no title deeds or company name as yet what foreigner in their right mind will buy it ?

3. my daughter is near 7 years old. she has thai passport, this was initially investment for her so would it be better to hold onto it , rent it then put it into her name ? and what age can she be before i sign it over to her ? 17 years old or before.

just hate the fact that i have to pay company fees and taxes every year on top of mainenance fees . i did not know i had to pay company taxes and fees etc before i rushed headlong into this bloody deal. as i say my head was up my ass going through the split up from my wife back home and wasnt thinking straight to be honest.

so moral of story think long , please think hard and do your homework before investing in anything here.

Edited by dirtycash

so if a thai buys the condo , then obviously he does not want or need the thai registered company and i,ll be stuck with it . so 3 questions please

2. if completed and ive no title deeds or company name as yet what foreigner in their right mind will buy it ?

3. my daughter is near 7 years old. she has thai passport, this was initially investment for her so would it be better to hold onto it , rent it then put it into her name ? and what age can she be before i sign it over to her ? 17 years old or before.

just hate the fact that i have to pay company fees and taxes every year on top of mainenance fees . i did not know i had to pay company taxes and fees etc before i rushed headlong into this bloody deal. as i say my head was up my ass going through the split up from my wife back home and wasnt thinking straight to be honest.

so moral of story think long , please think hard and do your homework before investing in anything here.

She can own it from the day she was born (but no debt allowed on condo).

You could have bought it in her name right from the start without any need for the company.

BUT IMHO,

This was a scam from the start,no point throwing good money after bad.

Just walk away and take the 600k hit.

(didn't I see you paid 600k up front ...... nobody pays in full + furniture for something that isn't built ....)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Since you were unaware of this, I assume in your country companies don't have to pay taxes. coffee1.gif

Have to totally disagree with about everything Theguyfromanotherforum said. Let's crunch the numbers. The OP paid 2.5MB for a small, new fully furnished condo. That's around $72,000 American dollars. I'd love to buy a new, fully furnished condo, even a small one, in a "World class North American city" (his words) for $72,000. So, no Thailand condos are not all more expensive than those in world class north American cities. The baht is trading for around 35.5 to 36 baht to the dollar and is going down against most currencies so that argument is rather weak, too. Now, Theguyfrommanotherforum is worried that the OP will incur "Epic losses" (his words) on this condo. Again, back to the numbers. I don't know what the condo maintenance fee will be but it's likely to not be more than 50 baht per square meter. That works out to around $600 a year for the very comforting knowledge that you will always have a roof over your head. Is $600 a year really "Epic losses"?

The OP could certainly advertise the condo for sale but if it is in central Pattaya I don't think he will have much trouble renting it. Why? There are not that many nice, new affordable condo projects in central Pattaya so there is less competition and many renters are looking for new condos with more amenities than just a pool. For many renters Central Pattaya is where they want to be and it should be even more desirable when The Bay entertainment/restaurant complex is done next year and in a few years when Asiatique 2 is finished near Central Festival. The Chinese have made Central Pattaya one of their favorite places to be and that market is growing, and not just with tourists. So, chin up, OP!

And I have to disagree about everything you said. I pretty much stopped reading after "there are not that many nice new affordable projects in central Pattaya ".

And I have to disagree about everything you said. I pretty much stopped reading after "there are not that many nice new affordable projects in central Pattaya ".

i think hes right though, initially this condo appealled to me for rental market and living in it as its central 4-5 minutes walk from soi buahkao. it has everything included within the development such as .

gym

sauna

steam room jacuzzi

coffeeshop

sports bar

childrens creche / playroom

pool

parking

wifi

though now when i look at the rental market in pattaya it has fallen dramatically , i can rent a larger condo in pattamak for 15000 a month. but i dont like pratumnak , i like soi buakao area. i was hoping to get 20 - 25k a month for this place but i dont know, time will tell . im not feeling too confident. although they are going to be very very beautifull when finished and a few weeks ago i spoke to the foreign guy in charge of overseeing the construction and he took me a walk round and told me the standard of workman ship is outstanding and he will not let anything pass unless its 100% .

fingers crossed ;-) heres a link - https://youtu.be/UJo1TeiorZc

Where in Pattaya? I would expect a rent return of around 10k if its in a good location but there are soooo many condos for rent unless you drop the price dramatically to cut out the competition. My friend has his Pattaya condo for sale 8 years now, its probably the worst place in Thailand to buy a condo sadly

Condo UN-Sold after 8 YEARS ? How is that possible ? Over Priced ? GHOSTS ?

BOOOOO

.6143936332_9848faa2e5_z.jpg?w=580&h=386

i think hes right though, initially this condo appealled to me for rental market and living in it as its central 4-5 minutes walk from soi buahkao. it has everything included within the development such as .

gym

sauna

steam room jacuzzi

coffeeshop

sports bar

pool

parking

wifi

though now when i look at the rental market in pattaya it has fallen dramatically , i can rent a larger condo in pattamak for 15000 a month. but i dont like pratumnak , i like soi buakao area. i was hoping to get 20 - 25k a month for this place but i dont know, time will tell . im not feeling too confident. although they are going to be very very beautifull when finished and a few weeks ago i spoke to the foreign guy in charge of overseeing the construction and he took me a walk round and told me the standard of workman ship is outstanding and he will not let anything pass unless its 100% .

i was hoping to get 20 - 25k a month for this place

For a 35 sqm shoebox cheesy.gifcheesy.gif There is one born every minute for sure

gym

sauna

steam room jacuzzi

coffeeshop

sports bar

pool

parking

wifi

i was hoping to get 20 - 25k a month for this place

For a 35 sqm shoebox cheesy.gifcheesy.gif There is one born every minute for sure

ok smartarse, show me a link to a condo of same spec in central pattaya for far less per month.