Deputy Prime Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn tells China, Thailand is ready for investments

Lite Beer

Deputy Prime Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn tells China, Thailand is ready for investments

NANNING, 20 September 2015 (NNT)-Deputy Prime Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn reassures Chinese investors that Thailand is prepared for further Chinese investments. China says the country will push for continuous economic cooperation for the benefit of both countries.

Deputy Prime Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn attended talks with top Chinese business leaders at the People's Hall in Nanning of China's Guangxi region. The deputy prime minister met with China’s leading business operators to reassure them of investment opportunities in Thailand.

During the event, General Tanasak delivered a speech on Thailand’s strengthening of the economy as well as the Southeast Asian country’s focus on telecommunications infrastructure and the study of various rules and regulations. The deputy prime minister said cooperation between China and ASEAN nations will become increasingly important especially on the Silk Road in the 21st century.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-20 footer_n.gif

In case there are any excitable Chinese members reading this, the OP omitted the most important information. Thailand is ready for your investment, you can pay for 100% of your company, but you can only own 49% of it. Say what, really? Yes, its true, and no, it makes no sense whatsoever.

He woke up this morning saying to himself, I have to come up with some bombastic announcement to show them who I am,

I'm a general after all, and generals suppose to say something clever every now and then...

Little he knows that China is already very heavily invested in Thailand and any more investments and we should change

the name of this country to Chiland....

China's "investments" in many areas have little to do with the economics of the deal but, rather, the long-term political implications.

As someone noted, it sure sounds like begging to me and his phraseology could be more accurately be stated as: "Hey, our economy is heading down the porcelain receptacle and we really need your money now!"

I think a vague knowledge of international affairs and politics might be a good thing for the junta to get their heads around. Whilst they do this sort of dribble, real issues are being dealy in a different way, by different nations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/20/world/warily-eyeing-china-philippines-may-invite-us-back-to-subic-bay.html?_r=0

Interesting article. I know whose side I'd rather be on.

China's "investments" in many areas have little to do with the economics of the deal but, rather, the long-term political implications.

As someone noted, it sure sounds like begging to me and his phraseology could be more accurately be stated as: "Hey, our economy is heading down the porcelain receptacle and we really need your money now!"

Quote China's "investments" in many areas have little to do with the economics of the deal but, rather, the long-term political implications. unquote. Just Google as to the stranglehold they have on Ecuador.

"...delivered a speech on Thailands strengthening of the economy as well as the Southeast Asian countrys focus on telecommunications infrastructure..." I would have said that he told them a fairly tail. Anyway, the Chinese don't need to be told what is going on in Thailand. They will lock it up as they like it ... the Silk Road is a concept and execution of their devising.