True Vision Sucks

SCARLETIBIS1

So I moved in to a new apartment last week and found out they could not get cable. So I went to True Vision at Central by the airport last Wednesday. I purchased a package and after checking with install was told they would install the satellite on Friday in the morning. Friday came and went. No install, no phone call, nothing. On Saturday I called them. At first they could not find my order number. The person who wrote it up didn't put it down. I was told I needed the order number. I suggested maybe they could look the order up using my name. Ah, they found it using my name.

I was then told the install date was for the 21st on Monday. My contract specifically shows a 18th install date. Well, they said they would call me back shortly. No one called me so I had to call back 4 hours later. Went thru the same BS. I insisted they come out on Sunday. They promised to show up by 5pm. No one showed up or called. Called back again and complained . Talked to another moron who promised to call me back. He never did.

Does anyone have a clue how to get to the right person to get this fixed? I mean True Vision is a big company. Is this typical non service standard procedure with them? Am I gonna have problems with the reception?

Anyone out there have the same problems? Thanks

I know a lot of people out there get tired of foreigners hammering the poor Thais but I wasted 3 whole days waiting for these idiots. How the hell do they survive like this? They would be out of business in a week elsewhere.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is their standard operating procedure. Their attitude is pretty much "take it or leave it", and that is not uncommon here in Thailand. I had a similar issue as you, and complained to a Supervisor about no one ever calling me back. She said, "Sir, I personally promise you I will call you back within the hour". Of course, she never called back at all.

Caveat: I do not want this to sound "holier-than-thou", but the subject brought up something I've been thinking about in my first month here in Thailand and Chiang Mai. I have received both outstanding and incredibly poor service since I've been here. Interestingly, I was so disgusted with how (frustratingly) poor customer service had gotten in the U.S. before I left in late August that I had low expectations when I arrived anyway. Luckily, I live in a condo building with wonderfully responsive and reliable staff who have facilitated much of the installation for both internet and cable TV. Those specific-type firms are held in low esteem from my experience back home, so I did not think they would be any better here. What I have found, however, is this sort of ambivalence from some staff in dealing with farang customers. Personally, I feel that it's a language and ego issue for them. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have traveled all over the world. I have never been in a place where so many front line and customer service staff have no English proficiency at all. Now, here's where I will receive comments, I'm sure. The truth is, English, followed closely by French, is the world's international language. In many key international industries, it is the "official" language for communication (commercial aviation for example). It would improve the guest/customer/tourist experience exponentially if all these front line staff members were given an elemental course in English and would mitigate many of these communication-based customer issues, IMHO. I will casually step off my soap box now and await the onslaught of ugly American comments no doubt headed my way....

Did you loose your cool? Did you raise your voice? We're you smart enough to get the agents name you spoke with? Did you ask for the order number the first time they looked it up by name? Yell and scream and they will not want to call you back. Stay calm, ask the agents name, explain calmly what the problem is. Call the agent by name again. Let them know you know it's not their fault, but ask them if they can fix the other persons mistake. If the date was written on the work order you checked why couldn't you find the order number?

True is still by far and away the best option if you want to watch Rugby, Formula 1, Tennis, Golf, the recent World Athletics Championships, The Soccer World Cup, The Olympic Games etc etc etc. I agree customer service often sucks, but you should try dealing with Sky in the UK as I had to recently when my Father passed away. Sky are impossible to contact you wait 30 minutes on a wait line, they have a "paperless system" ie they dont send bills but cut you off if you dont pay, and making appointments to visit is just as bad if not worse than True!!

Caveat: I do not want this to sound "holier-than-thou", but the subject brought up something I've been thinking about in my first month here in Thailand and Chiang Mai. I have received both outstanding and incredibly poor service since I've been here. Interestingly, I was so disgusted with how (frustratingly) poor customer service had gotten in the U.S. before I left in late August that I had low expectations when I arrived anyway. Luckily, I live in a condo building with wonderfully responsive and reliable staff who have facilitated much of the installation for both internet and cable TV. Those specific-type firms are held in low esteem from my experience back home, so I did not think they would be any better here. What I have found, however, is this sort of ambivalence from some staff in dealing with farang customers. Personally, I feel that it's a language and ego issue for them. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have traveled all over the world. I have never been in a place where so many front line and customer service staff have no English proficiency at all. Now, here's where I will receive comments, I'm sure. The truth is, English, followed closely by French, is the world's international language. In many key international industries, it is the "official" language for communication (commercial aviation for example). It would improve the guest/customer/tourist experience exponentially if all these front line staff members were given an elemental course in English and would mitigate many of these communication-based customer issues, IMHO. I will casually step off my soap box now and await the onslaught of ugly American comments no doubt headed my way....

When I first moved here I went to Tesco to buy a big screen TV, a washing machine, a refrigerator an misc other stuff. My friend was with me buying same stuff. All in all about 50K worth of stuff. We left after an hour trying to find anyone who could speak English to help us. Came back next day and finally got one manager who could speak English-in Tesco.

Obviously, these people are not too bright. One would think with all the money spent by foreigners who speak English they would have a staff of at least a few who could speak English. But this is a country where common sense does not exist. All one has to do is read the constant dribble from disgruntled foreigners here to understand what really goes on here. Lots of nice people but lots of idiots here especially business people. And the truth is they don't care.

Did you loose your cool? Did you raise your voice? We're you smart enough to get the agents name you spoke with? Did you ask for the order number the first time they looked it up by name? Yell and scream and they will not want to call you back. Stay calm, ask the agents name, explain calmly what the problem is. Call the agent by name again. Let them know you know it's not their fault, but ask them if they can fix the other persons mistake. If the date was written on the work order you checked why couldn't you find the order number?

You clearly did not read my post. The date was written but no order number was written. What does the date have to do with an order number anyway. I suggested to the girl on the phone perhaps she could look it up using my last name. DUH!

Anything requiring interaction with True is always aggravating and they are probably the worst at customer service---even worse than TOT. You will no doubt get your service but you must dance to True's cadence. That's just the way it is here. Once in, the reception is good but the content is seriously lacking---ie. repeat, after repeat, after repeat of 'B' movies.

Gave up on them years ago,and they still never repaid my deposit,

there are so much better and cheaper ways to get your tv enjoyment.

regards worgeordie

Such as? I cannot get cable. Cannot get steaming. Can sometimes download after the fact but not real time. Who likes that? Mostly interested in sports-golf and tennis and real football. LOL

Duh says the guy sitting around all weekend for the true installer. With a reply like that I would have left you at home all weekend waiting also.

No idea what this dullard is talking about. Point I was making which anyone with a brain would realize is that it was the True Vision girl wasn't smart enough to figure out maybe she could find the order by using my name. "I" had to point it out to her.

How can a company hire people too stupid to realize how to find out someone's order number? DUH! Or maybe they don't train them at all. Fact is I had to spend two hours there getting things done. It was a joke.

I wouldn't bother my erse with True. I have Thai Expat TV and Sport365. Very good customer service and everything I need.

Dont anyone be fooled. IN THEORY thaiexpat tv and sport 365 is good but IN PRACTICE it doesnt work very well. It stutters and freeze frames all the time, and no, its not my internet speed, I had to abandon expattv and now have Ilikehd in addition to true and Ilikehd is vastly superior to expattv in delivery, it almost never freezes and produces good hd quality live sport all the time.

Its not the language.. Or rather its not only the language..

With TrueVisions its an entire corporate culture built on a previous monopoly.. The customer holds no value.. Commands no respect.

Grammy GMMTV is at least 1/3rd the price.. If not much more responsive.

I do not doubt some people get poor service.

I, however, have had good service from True ever since it was called UBC. Recently I was even given 2 more outlets at a lower monthly billing fee than I had been paying for just 2 outlets. That's now 4 outlets for less monthly billing fees.

An overly negative and maybe libellous post has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

True is still by far and away the best option if you want to watch Rugby, Formula 1, Tennis, Golf, the recent World Athletics Championships, The Soccer World Cup, The Olympic Games etc etc etc. I agree customer service often sucks, but you should try dealing with Sky in the UK as I had to recently when my Father passed away. Sky are impossible to contact you wait 30 minutes on a wait line, they have a "paperless system" ie they dont send bills but cut you off if you dont pay, and making appointments to visit is just as bad if not worse than True!!

How often are these broadcast to significantly influence your choice?

Rugby World Cup and F1 I can watch on freeview (Ex PatTV) and use catch up so I don't have to miss anything, which True doesn't have.

Tennis and Golf.......hmmm maybe Wimbledon & Ryder Cup, otherwise I'll be painting the house and watching it dry.wink.png

Edited by uptheos

I do not doubt some people get poor service.

I, however, have had good service from True ever since it was called UBC. Recently I was even given 2 more outlets at a lower monthly billing fee than I had been paying for just 2 outlets. That's now 4 outlets for less monthly billing fees.

haha. Where I come from we call this Pimping. I suspect this guy works for TV. Who goes out of their way to extol a company for service they paid to receive? I am beginning to believe if you actually get the service you paid for here then that is considered exceptional service. What a joke.

Well, I called TV yet again for the fourth time this morning and the customer service guy had to call me back and guess what? He told me the installers "MAY" be able to get out here today. It just goes from bad to worse. I told him I may or may not pay them when the bill came.

Rugby World Cup and F1 I can watch on freeview (Ex PatTV) and use catch up so I don't have to miss anything, which True doesn't have.

Tennis and Golf.......hmmm maybe Wimbledon & Ryder Cup, otherwise I'll be painting the house and watching it dry.wink.png

"Major Sporting Events"....."How often are they broadcast..."....well, different ones, but all the time. There are FOUR Tennis majors a year, there are FIVE golf majors a year, there are Football World Cup and European Championship Qualifiers like, well, all the time.....are you living on the moon Uptheos, and as for Expat TV. Well, give me a choice between free flowing images on my 50 inch Samsung against a frozen frame on my laptop.....well, wonder which one I ll choose ???!!!

I wouldn't bother my erse with True. I have Thai Expat TV and Sport365. Very good customer service and everything I need.

Dont anyone be fooled. IN THEORY thaiexpat tv and sport 365 is good but IN PRACTICE it doesnt work very well. It stutters and freeze frames all the time, and no, its not my internet speed, I had to abandon expattv and now have Ilikehd in addition to true and Ilikehd is vastly superior to expattv in delivery, it almost never freezes and produces good hd quality live sport all the time.

Never had a problem where I live...

"Major Sporting Events"....."How often are they broadcast..."....well, different ones, but all the time. There are FOUR Tennis majors a year, there are FIVE golf majors a year, there are Football World Cup and European Championship Qualifiers like, well, all the time.....are you living on the moon Uptheos, and as for Expat TV. Well, give me a choice between free flowing images on my 50 inch Samsung against a frozen frame on my laptop.....well, wonder which one I ll choose ???!!!

Well, some of us live a little further West than the UK where real football is played. LOL College football in the US is better than anything the UK offers although I suspect those Rugby dudes are tough as nails. And almost any golf tournament is worth watching now. Lots of great action with McElroy, Spieth, Fowler and Day all going at it nowdays. So it would be nice. But I told the idiot at TV I want one month free or fluck off. We shall see.