Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Thailand

webfact

it is very likely, the <deleted> up family were involved in the traditional sinsod-love-scam.

if he was smart, he would have used the night to request help from officers about how to deal with the family. They know it !

finally, a night behind bars is better than losing money for nothing...

Respect to the Aussi !

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope in months to come that the dear gentlemen realises the favour that was bestowed on him by the police in terms of locking him up and not charging him.

If dawn bought any sense to the situation he may well realise that this was arguably the best outcome and that if he forgets about the love of his life or at least of the last month, he and his wallet may well have got off very lightly indeed . Good pragmatic discretion shown by the RTP here.

In Australia old mate would be facing drunk and disorderly, disturbing the peace and possible assault charges .

I do wonder what set him off so.... I can only imagine ......maybe a carefully scripted play by the girl and her family ....... nice introductions, some Issan music in the background, alcohol flowing freely, everyone with smiles ,his wife to be wearing a lovely form fitting floral dress, a joyous situation indeed......all was going swimmingly well until Papa announced it would cost 4M baht to get a ring on his beloved daughters finger ... a moments silence followed as all looked intently at this potential benefactor, another moment passed and then whammo.. he loses it , fuelled by Sang Som he storms out and feeling non too generous or hospitable to Thai's in general.........

In some ways thinking about it there must be allot of guys who come over here burned out by a divorce or circumstances which took just about everything but their dignity and maybe some of that, find a nirvana in the bars and clubs and then meet a girl whose looks and youth are not something he would have a chance of back home.... instant romance, happiness, great sex and future plans then only to realise that its not for free and "bang" the sad reality of the situation comes thudding home. I cant say that I pity them as that is not the right terminology Im looking for but I certainly feel for allot of these guys.........

Dust yourself off buddy get back up and go and enjoy what this place has to offer but perhaps with a modicum on new found understanding that nothing is for free here.

Well looks like he got off lightly. Cripes he could have ended up marry her. Then it would have cost him.

I cant believe these guys who do marry the girl and the families. I mean out of a bar or go-go? crackers.

I thibk this Aussie may be more uirelligent than given credit for. The Thai police must not have felt he was a threat, even though the paper mention 6 policemen involved. He must have been polite to them as no fine mentioned , they got him away from the potential in law leeches, put him up for the night where the pattaya girlfriend could not get her claws into him futher and yurned him loose in morning. Maybe the police hyad experience with the Thai family in the past.

Hope he had sense enough to go to bus station or airport , get out of ''dodge'' and detour around the area of pattaya where he met this lovely potential mother of his futher offspring.

Yeah, I'm thinking along similar lines that' the cops felt a bit sorry for him. Perhaps there has been precedent with this family, or perhaps they know her quite well as a real slapper.

Amazing that so many posters are quick to say serves you right for getting with a bar girl, bla, bla ...

Of course, all TV posters married university educated, career dedicated, family orientated good-girls, didn`t they?. Silly me. giggle.gif

You got it.

Mine is one of those hi-so Thai/Chines types.

She's loaded, stunning and unbelievably intelligent.

So intelligent in fact that she chose me over someone from here own age, culture and who speaks her own native language.

Smart gal.

He can thank his lucky stars. His guardian angel (probably equipped with a fist full of baht), certainly was looking after him. Without the complete story I can only guess that he is a newbie and has no idea what the alternative could have been in-store for him. One man does not entice a pack of Thai kids. Aussie rules don't apply. Walk away Skippy, walk away.

Sounds to me that he was given some bad news in the village, ie the hard word was put on him. If you believe your wife or family is taking you for a ride, don't lose it just walk away. If you have already handed out big brass, kiss it goodbye. A lesson learnt.

Meeting a girl in Pattaya and after a month wants ot marry her? Looking back I think he will be happy for the night in jail. Hopefully he will learn his lesson - he got out of it cheap.

As a side note, no offense, but who goes for meeting future in-laws for the first time wearing a wife-beater?

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them? Back when I first moved here I met an American that married one and within a few months he was completely cleaned out and went back to the States. The thing is this bloke was in his fifties and coming to me for advice! (in my early 20s at the time)

Do they leave their common sense at the airport?

I believe "&lt;deleted&gt;" is the current DSM V diagnostic descriptive.

Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

Throw alcohol into the mix and this is the result.

A night in the cells vs a life of torment at the hands of inlaws.

Sounds like the Aussie guy had a lucky escape.

On the contrary - The girlfriend had a lucky escape. Best to find out about the violence within, and the alcohol problem earlier than later. His total lack of awareness of Thai traditions is also his own problem entirely.

Bloody hell, look at him and wonder why he can't make it with women in Australia, or anywhere. A loser.

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them? Back when I first moved here I met an American that married one and within a few months he was completely cleaned out and went back to the States. The thing is this bloke was in his fifties and coming to me for advice! (in my early 20s at the time)

I believe "&lt;deleted&gt;" is the current DSM V diagnostic descriptive.

In a month flew in to ask for blessings from her family?? And I bet he freaked out hearing the girls family asking for a million bhat sinsod...and probably which he was asked to pay right away or leave their daughter...( just guessing...lol)

Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

Throw alcohol into the mix and this is the result.

A night in the cells vs a life of torment at the hands of inlaws.

Sounds like the Aussie guy had a lucky escape.

Maybe he should just go back Home before he gets into more trouble,,,,Like arguing and drinking leads only to more trouble,,, wai2.gif

I do wonder if somehow he will have a relapse, maybe she show up when let go and sweet talk him back into the hopper. Maybe we could set up some sort of informal "deprogramming" network to help these lucky few that have a chance to escape the blood suckers while they still have blood... would be risky and I know lots of us take position "not my problem"..... yet seems some sort of counter weight to the slaughter of our countrymen/fellow farangs here may be worth it.... just a thought..

"As the fracas continued, it is alleged that Mr Walsh started shouting abuse and spitting at the first police officers to arrive at the scene."

How to win friends and influence people - shouting is one thing but spitting at policemen ?

This sounds like one of these morons who take the drug "ice".

At first, I thought this man was somebody I knew. We know a lady who has another Aussie coming to Udon to meet the parents....in about six weeks. This one is sending 80,000 a month to the "freelancer" he met at a club. Also paying her condo rent, purchasing a vehicle, and setting her up with a coffee shop. She brought him over to meet us folks, and I almost cried. He spent a total of 2 weeks with her (a record?)..but I guess they chat on the websites. What he does not know is that his girl is shacking up in another condo with a different man..(younger). A third man (Italian) flew in for a pizza the pie just two weeks ago.

Did not have the heart to tell the aussie....but he seems to be quite a spender, and may consider 80,000 and condo rent not excessive (gigglem.gif ). Thing was, the guy was not even polite...som nom na !!!

On his way to Isaan...so we should have another "read" in six weeks.

Although it's a bit of a generalisation, it seems that blokes past the ago of 40 are often desperate to get married.

When you see the majority of the single blokes who come to Thailand it's no surprise they fall head over heels at the first LBFM that shows the slightest interest in them.