Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Thailand

webfact

"to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya"

"to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family"

Gee - what could go wrong ?

Å

Thu funniest story this week. Hehehe

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while the girls are really good at hiding their contempt, the other family members are not so practiced.

especially the brothers. they really have a hard time with the charade.

like condos in Thailand, lets hope this man and his issues go back to renting.

OK, I admit, I checked, but it was for the purposes of correctness and not intellectual support of my point.

Issaners , not the same as other Thais and don't reflect Thais in general. I have never been there, but they've taken this whitey for a moron.

It's a shame, because if they had a longer term thinking capacity, he'd probably become seen as a real asset to them. Fwog catching and lawcaw tollerance would soon afall by the wayside if they used their brains more----but that's culturally impossible there.

The mostobnoxious thing I continually see regarding Issanonians is that they don't know what their daughters are doing. This commonly held belief is totally disgusting as they all know what they're up to.

Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

Throw alcohol into the mix and this is the result.

A night in the cells vs a life of torment at the hands of inlaws.

Sounds like the Aussie guy had a lucky escape.

SOME farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport? Guaranteed, that Aussie is was stupid looooong before he boarded the flight to the LOS. And yes, he did have a quite lucky escape, but he's probably too stupid to know itcoffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

I heard it started during the first meal in the parents house. He had forgotten to pack his white tie, and used the fish knife for the salad, while the parents served the wine at the wrong temperature, and things escalated from there.

Last time I was in Surin, the wife's extended family were sitting on the floor, of the house I had built for Mom & Dad, about 2 feet away from the perfectly good 6 person dining table I had bought them, eating a big bowl of crickets for breakfast.

I had just stumbled out with a bit of a hangover & they invited me to join them.

Mai ow Khap.

Never thought I'd say it, but a cup of Nescafe was quite good that morning.

whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen