BMW Insurance in Thailand – please help

capt635

I have a 320i BMW which has just 40k on the clock and is in impeccable mechanical and bodily condition. It has just received its final five year warranty/service check with a BMW Garage in Bangkok. The Insurance company (AXA) which has covered the car over the past five years (no insurance claims whatsoever) has just sent a renewal notice but now it indicates that all claims will be handled by its own selection of repair companies which does NOT include BMW Garages!!!!

If the vehicle was a Japanese car I would not be too disturbed since these cars are so numerous and well know by all garages I suppose. However BMWs are a totally different matter and I would hate to have a ‘do it all regardless’ workshop get into my vehicle. For one thing there is a proliferation of very cheap fake parts mostly coming from places like China and this could be the basis of all kinds of cheating between the Insurance Company and concerned local garages. Yes I’ve seen it happen with a neighbour a few years ago!

My question is simply does anyone know from experience, of an Insurance Company in Thailand which would guarantee service from BMW only?

Thanks to all

Did you ask AXA if they could give you insurance with BMW shops? I also have a 320i and use AXA, with repair only in BMW. When I renewed last year I remember that you can select whether or not to use BMW or another garage. It comes down to the cost. I still have over 2 years to go on my 5 year program, so have not experienced your situation. I would call AXA and ask. I fully agree with you on the danger of fake parts.

I bought mine from Europa but do service at German Auto. Last year a truck bumped me and damaged the rear panel. The rework was done at German Auto, I popped in a couple times to monitor. They opened a new, larger repair shop on the airport entrance road (Bangna Trad side) and every time I drive by, it is pretty full of cars waiting for repair.

You may well see Minor Surgery ,but unless they have Car O Liner type body jig ,ovens ,spray booths etc and do all other brands it's not cost effective.

I have used MSIG for past 4 years and use Millenniums own broker Maxi to arrange. Have had no problems with them or Millenniums paint shop for minor repairs.

OP: I've had similar questions in the past which my broker has been able to answer.

However, while she is good, her English isn't - so it might be worth while having a Thai Translate what you write in English into Thai.

My Question in the Past: After receiving a range of quotes from her, 'Safety Insurance' (company) provided the best price vs valuation on the car etc...

My question to the Insurance broker was similar to yours - I was sent a list of Garages which Safety Insurance were happy to use.

This list covered BMW Millenium, Auto-Bavaria, Europa Motors & Barcelona Motors so in my case I was happy to go with Safety Insurance.

PM me if you wish to have the details of my Insurance Broker.

• 1 month later...

OP: I've had similar questions in the past which my broker has been able to answer.

However, while she is good, her English isn't - so it might be worth while having a Thai Translate what you write in English into Thai.

My Question in the Past: After receiving a range of quotes from her, 'Safety Insurance' (company) provided the best price vs valuation on the car etc...

My question to the Insurance broker was similar to yours - I was sent a list of Garages which Safety Insurance were happy to use.

This list covered BMW Millenium, Auto-Bavaria, Europa Motors & Barcelona Motors so in my case I was happy to go with Safety Insurance.

Hi Richard I am in the same boat as the OP with my car if possible can you PM the details of your broker.

Thanks

Hi Richard I am in the same boat as the OP with my car if possible can you PM the details of your broker.

Thanks

As an option for an additional quote you can contact Millennium Auto Ladprao

They arrange everything and the Insurance company is Falcon. If you need the contact number let me know.

I should also mention you will need to speak Thai to get the correct information as there English is limited.

Thanks

As an option for an additional quote you can contact Millennium Auto Ladprao

They arrange everything and the Insurance company is Falcon. If you need the contact number let me know.

I should also mention you will need to speak Thai to get the correct information as there English is limited.

thats perfect mate I need insurance tomorrow as ran out on the 20th. My Mrs will deal with it as she knows what I want. If you can PM me that would be great alternatively I will contact Millennium.

Cheers

Posts Hidden - Posts Edited

Calling people monkeys is against Forum Rules

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting
towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be
allowed.
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its
participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on
the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary
intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic
discussion.

Like others have said, ask the BMW dealer directly for insurance companies. I got a better insurance rate by going through BMW dealer than approaching the same company myself.

Its not about rate but ur policy.

I got new c250

Paid 3.2 mil

Most companies they insure it for 1.8 total damage !

I got Varijah 100% cover + spare car + alloys cover etc...

Read policy

And my quote was few k more then others so not much diff.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Edited by BeefSlapper