Some advice please

When I was working we used an agent to arrange visa and work permit. When I no longer worked for the Company decided to continue using her for the marriage visa I qualified for and all went well for many years up to now.

Last time she applied for the 12 mth extension immigration would only extend up to the expiry date of my passport which fell a few months short of the 12 mth period. Immigration advised her that when I rec'd the new PP they would transfer the stamps and extend up to the full 12 mths. On receiving my new PP handed this over to the agent with my old PP some weeks before the expiry date. Unfortunately the agent was rather lax in returning these, as we knew her well over the years and my wife and her had become friendly wasn't overly concerned until the date of expiry arrived. Asked my wife to telephone her to arrange for return, if only so that I could replace the copy I carry with me.

The following day the agent and my wife met, upon my checking the PP the expiry date of the visa extension was still only that of the expiry date of the old PP, the agent hadn't even checked it! No problem she says I will take it back and get the extension, however It turns out that immigration no longer will extend for a replacement PP, so I am now on overstay and the THB400K requirement was not currently in my bank a/c as I was under the understanding I wouldn't need to deposit it for a while yet. Apparently my only option, as the land borders were all closed, was to fly out and that had to be to my home country, the UK. The agent did at least insist on paying my overstay, 9 days by the time all other avenues had been exhausted and I had booked a flight. The agent assures me that upon my return (which she also assures me is no problem!), provided the 400K is in my Thai a/c upon my return, which I have now transferred from overseas, she can get me a 90 day visa followed by the 1 yr extension.

Now in the UK and considered obtaining a 90 day O based on marriage from the Embassy in London but upon checking the requirements on their website I do not qualify, rather than the 400K they require proof of employment together with proof of minimum salary of GBP1400 pm, which I cannot provide, alternatively a Gov't pension which by reason of age I do not qualify for. Also I am concerned about making an application here in case it is refused and entered onto immigration computer records.

So, my question is am I in danger of encountering a problem entering through BKK airport on a visa exempt 30 day having departed only around 10 days previously with an overstay stamp and having previously always been on an O visa? I have with me original and signed copy of Marriage Certificate, copies of wife's ID and House Registration together with paperwork relating to the condo in BKK, my wife will be at the airport with my updated bank passbook showing the 400K, alternatively she can courier it to me here in the UK. I realise I will need to book a return (not one way) flight for this.

Many thanks for any advice.

If I were you I would forget about the agent and do it myself.

It really is quite easy to do.

You should be able to get a single entry Non Imm O Visa in UK.

I think you will find that the Embassy website is wrong and they will issue.

Phone them and ask.

Actually you could have got a Non Imm O Visa in Laos. Single or Multi.

There was no need to travel to UK.

After arrival in Thailand you can apply for the 12 month extension during the final 30 days of your stay.

You don't need an agent. Do it yourself. Many of us do.

Especially as your so called agent has no clue what she is doing.bah.gif

Since August of 2013 immigration has only been issuing an extension up to the validity date of a passport if it had less than one year left. Then you have to apply for new extension at the end of the shortened extension.

The info on the embassy website is an error they have not corrected, You can get the non-o visa with no need of financial proof. Many reports of people getting them.

The only problem you will have entering on a visa exempt entry is that the airline may no allow you to board the flight unless you have a ticket out of the country with 30 days of arrival.

As said the London website is out of date. You should be able to get a Non 'O' marriage visa. There is no consequence if your application is refused because you don't meet the requirements, so don't worry about immigration computer records.

Coming in on a visa-exemption might mean the airline will insist on an onward ticket with 30 days, so be prepared to buy a ticket on to KL or similar just to show it. Get a fully refundable ticket and cash it in when your visa and extension is sorted out.

As has been said many of us do it ourselves as it is not a difficult process. If you are over 50 and have funds it is actually less paperwork to get a retirement extension than a marriage extension. You need to have either 400k in the bank or 65k per month income certified by your embassy. Check the details, but it really is not difficult

Very sorry you got conned into a flight to UK when a quick hop over the bridge to Laos would have fixed it for you. So much for agents,,,,, ;)