Pseudoephedrine in thailand?

Don Chance

Doubt you will even get it in a hospital. I was under the impression it is totally barred in Thailand. Perfect example of a knee jerk reaction to an extremely effective medicine. They will probably try and give you phenylephrine which does nothing when you have a cold or a flu. I always bring some cold and flu tablets from Oz back with just in case I do get crook.

You can still get it in a hospital, after getting a prescription from an ENT doctor.

Otherwise it's completely unavailable after some greedy hospital administrators ordered millions of tablets and then sold them out the back door to meth cooks, a few years ago.

A 'knee jerk reaction'....?

Not at all, this compound is readily able to be converted to Meth.

Have you tried Cetrizine? It's an OTC anti allergy med, that doesn't cause drowsiness.

A knee jerk reaction yes, because most countries still allow over the counter sales but with much stricter controls. Example in Australia you must show your driver's license and can only purchase a certain amount in a certain time. Why should I be denied an effective pharmaceutical because of some people's criminal activities? What other parts of your life would you like criminals to be able to dictate?

AFAIK you can however still get nasal sprays with oxymetazoline which is quite effective as a decongestant.

Brand names Feenoze, Metzodin, Oxymet and Pernazene Oxy (the last is an import so more expensive).

As with any nasal decongestant spray should limit use to just a few days.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this to tack-on a related question. A friend is visiting from the states and as I was in his hotel room, I noticed two boxes of Sudafed in his luggage. I managed to talk him into selling me box, but then I wondered what the policy is on bringing small "personal use" amounts into the country. Is there a certain allowed personal use limit (like there is for alcohol and tobacco) or is even one tablet technically not permitted to pass through customs?

A 'knee jerk reaction'....?

Not at all, this compound is readily able to be converted to Meth.

Have you tried Cetrizine? It's an OTC anti allergy med, that doesn't cause drowsiness.

Yes and the ban fixed the Meth problem?

MOVED to Health forum

There are numerous threads on this subject if you care to use the search facility.

Just used it and the search result said "1 result" and brought me back to this same thread.

Anyone, what is the decongestant equivalent over the counter in pill form as the congestion problem is my inner ear. Up my nose spray won't do the trick, using prescribed ear drops but not getting a result either. Thanks ! GOM