Thai Police Chief reveals changes in various bureaus

webfact

How about indictments of those known to be involved in illegal conduct. Proper court proceedings leading to loss of rank and privileges, dismissals and goal terms for the more serious crimes.....you know the old punishment that fits the crime routine. rolleyes.gif

Why are they not in jail?

So 60 are missing, 20 already left the country! Typical Thai. Tell the people to give them time to escape. And throw in a scapegoat. To carry the can.

Cancel their passports.

They'll turn up sooner or later, somewhere.

--------------

.....And what is up w/ Somyot's hat? Last time I saw a hat that tall I was looking at a picture of Abraham Lincoln.

Somyot could crawl under a snakes belly wearing a top hat.

How may offences have been carried out under this mans watch?

Too many to count, is he totally unaccountable?

A man who has hundreds of millions of baht in assets has far to many distractions to be a police officer.

Edited by BoristheBlade

One of the reports says that police and immigration officials are to be transferred because of their involvement in human trafficking whereas another report says ' alleged ' involvement and there can be quite a difference.

If the first version is correct it would suggest involvement has been proved and a transfer hardly fits the crime but all too common here and the reasons are many.

The problem is that whether proven or not there is only one way to determine someone's guilt or innocence and that is in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.

Until each and every one of those public servants are found guilty in a court or law they must be presumed innocent. That is if we want to adhere to the standards we have come to accept as normal in our home countries.

Of course, when they are found guilty, which they must be if there's any justice in Thailand, they should receive the worst punishments that the court is able to give them.

IMHO

Really? You think Thai justice will reach high, generally accepted standards of West? Too often, too many Thai authorities just mimic ostrich, unfortunately. coffee1.gif

JayWalker, you claim to be American. I've American and never heard ANYONE in the States use "whilst".

I stand corrected there Howbri. I deserve 50 lashes with a wet 2 X 4.

--------------

Buddy, I've been an expat so long I'm liable to toss any variable of foreign slang into my verbiage.

Might be Thai, British, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese......

She-shay, Obrigado, Gracias, Shukiran, Khap Khun Khap & Thank You Old Boy Whilst I sort my language deficiencies.

My birth certificate says I was born in Orlando Florida, though I don't recall the event. I was a wee lad at the time. clap2.gif

I know I grew up around orange groves & alligators, so the Orlando part must be true.

Edited by jaywalker

How about indictments of those known to be involved in illegal conduct. Proper court proceedings leading to loss of rank and privileges, dismissals and goal terms for the more serious crimes.....you know the old punishment that fits the crime routine. rolleyes.gif

They seem to think that loss of face is sufficient punishment. Transfers are like taking weed seeds and transferring them to fertile ground.

Possible unreported scenario : We discovered, ( after 12 years), that you 52, ( more to come ), don't know what the hell you are doing ! Therefore,

effective immediately, you will transferred to an undisclosed location where it doesn't matter if you know anything at all. Now go and don't have your

mothers call me -- again !

I think transfering is a kind of necessary compromise to insure cooperation and a common sense measure to deal with the massive scale of corruptionmrelated changes so long overdue. The criminals know they could be jailed so they probably stop associating with the other criminal organizations supporting the activity. It makes sense to me. They are trying to radically alter the entire structure. It is pretty amazing.

In Thailand, transfers are sometimes a punishment for these officers involved, as they are sent to a

different place in the country. Have to get a new place to live, work with different people, move their families

and or move out and live single. Sometimes a loss of face, as well. My Thai relatives, say that in

some cases this is hard on the police officials, as they were quite powerful, where they were, but

will have less power and sympathy where they get sent to. I sure hope this is the case for most of these

people. If it is only a slap on the hand, then I would say shame on the lot of them.

Involved in Human Trafficking and being transferred ... Amazing Thailand and not in a good way ... bah.gif

Dont think I have ever seen a country so well deserved being on Tier 3 - they will stay there forever while their Seafood Industri will be banned and so will their International Aviation ...

Tourists will finally realize that Thailand is a disgusting and dangerous place and stay away from this messy hell-hole

Expats will get enough of the harassment here and move all their Money to Cam or VN ...

Will they still say Mai pen rai ... yes probably, they dont know anything else ... blink.png