Police complaint made at Pattaya City Hall

webfact

Police complaint made at Pattaya City Hall

protest-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A group of protesters converged on Pattaya City Hall on Monday afternoon to present a petition which asked the Mayor to ask the Police to “go easy” on rule breakers for now so they can recover from the recent floods.

The bizarre request was made by a team led by Khun Pishaert who is a local Thai/Italian businessman originally from Chiang Mai in the North of Thailand.

The petition included three points which they would like the Police to take action on:

1. Stop all Police Checkpoints for now as locals affected by the floods cannot afford the fines given to them for traffic infringements, due to the recent floods.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218137/police-complaint-made-at-pattaya-city-hall/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-22

1) Stop making traffic infringements.

2) Ensure your vehicles are road worthy and you comply with the laws and they will not be impounded.

3) Police do not comply with deadlines proffered by law breakers.

At first I thought they were going to complain of police not doing their job!

So...I was at a beer bar on Drinking Street a few weeks ago talking to a lady friend, having a

beer and of course buying her a drink. I was telling her off all the police I had seen pulling and

ticketing Thais for not wearing there helmets or possibly other infractions and told her to ware

her helmet even though the girls don't like to mess there hair. Now, I am not a big drinker myself

and find it easy to beg off having another beer as I will be riding my scooter home. Fast forward

to a couple of nights ago. I am back at the same bar talking to the same girl and telling her the

last time I was there when I left there was a police check point a 100 meters down the road. Turns

out, she was pulled over that night, (no helmet) breath tested, (over the very low .05 limit) and

asked to pay 10,000 baht. Off course she had/has no money, told the BIB no customer, Pattaya

was dead, and she was broke. (All true). She gave the BIB her two baht worth, saying look, do this

somewhere else.This in Pattaya, party tourist town. Customer numbers way down, drinking way

less and her job was to drink with the customers. It was not fare that they were stopping tourists or

bar girls. As she really had no money she was let go. But that was her take. Drinking should not

be a concern of the police. whistling.gif

So...I was at a beer bar on Drinking Street a few weeks ago talking to a lady friend, having a

beer and of course buying her a drink. I was telling her off all the police I had seen pulling and

ticketing Thais for not wearing there helmets or possibly other infractions and told her to ware

her helmet even though the girls don't like to mess there hair. Now, I am not a big drinker myself

and find it easy to beg off having another beer as I will be riding my scooter home. Fast forward

to a couple of nights ago. I am back at the same bar talking to the same girl and telling her the

last time I was there when I left there was a police check point a 100 meters down the road. Turns

out, she was pulled over that night, (no helmet) breath tested, (over the very low .05 limit) and

asked to pay 10,000 baht. Off course she had/has no money, told the BIB no customer, Pattaya

was dead, and she was broke. (All true). She gave the BIB her two baht worth, saying look, do this

somewhere else.This in Pattaya, party tourist town. Customer numbers way down, drinking way

less and her job was to drink with the customers. It was not fare that they were stopping tourists or

bar girls. As she really had no money she was let go. But that was her take. Drinking should not

If she had no customers who was paying for her drinks???

Or she means no customers paying for extra services, fact is for over the limit it should be more than a fine, driving licence suspended, again if they can not pay a fine then they should go to court, may be true they can not pay the fine but the court could impose other penalties.

Just done a quick survey using street view, as it has been some time since I have been to Pattaya I was quit shocked, seems most my estimate 90%+ of all bike riders were a helmet these days, was not so long back when very few did and you could stand in Second Street just south of South Road intersection and watch the Thai's putting their helmets on as they approached the traffic lights then after crossing the lights remove them as quickly as they put them on.

So fair game on ticketing those few ____ who do not wear a helmet.wai2.gif

Edited by Basil B

Just done a quick survey using street view, as it has been some time since I have been to Pattaya I was quit shocked, seems most my estimate 90%+ of all bike riders were a helmet these days, was not so long back when very few did and you could stand in Second Street just south of South Road intersection and watch the Thai's putting their helmets on as they approached the traffic lights then after crossing the lights remove them as quickly as they put them on.

So fair game on ticketing those few ____ who do not wear a helmet.wai2.gif

most areas after dark I would say about one in ten wear a helmet.

Typical dual pricing in Thailand.

its 20-30 for Farang., 10k for Thai. gigglem.gif

Locals wanting a free pass to break the law

what a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.pngohmy.png

Edited by onemorechang

If she had no customers who was paying for her drinks???

Or she means no customers paying for extra services, fact is for over the limit it should be more than a fine, driving licence suspended, again if they can not pay a fine then they should go to court, may be true they can not pay the fine but the court could impose other penalties.

Other penalties....I suggest community service in cleaning up the streets or picking garbage up off the beach.