Lick the sweet taste of bilateral relations in stamp form

webfact

Lick the Sweet Taste of Bilateral Relations in Stamp Form

By Khaosod English

14429204531442920498l.jpg
New stamp commemorating 50 years of diplomatic relations between Thailand and Singapore were announced today.

BANGKOK — To honor the mutually “sweet” relations with Singapore, Thailand’s military government has reached for one of the kingdom’s most delicious assets: mango sticky rice.

A half million new postage stamps adorned with ready-to-lick images of famous desserts from both nations – mango sticky rice and ice cream sandwiches – have been printed to commemorate the golden anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced today.

“It represents our sweet relationship, from past to present,” the ministry’s Norachit Sinhaseni said at a ceremony today.

Each stamp will cost 3 baht, so those wanting both desserts need prepare 6 baht for a double-serving.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1442920453&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-23

I'm presuming that these 'sticky' images are on the back/adhesive side of the stamp withn His Majesty's head on the front. When I first came to Thailand I was told NOT to lick the gum on the stamp with my tongue as this would entail putting the image of the King in one's mouth.

Thai post office counters have water rollers for the purpose of wetting the adhesive gum (unless of course Thailand has adopted self adhesive stamps like Australia)

With the internet I haven't sent a stamped letter ffor years.