TAT launches special campaign for tourists

webfact

TAT launches special campaign for tourists

st.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 September 2015 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has joined hands with a private tourism company to promote the Thailand Stronger Together campaign with attractive offers from today until the end of October 2015.

The TAT has joined hands with Gullivers Travel Associates (GTA), a provider of tours and accommodation packages, to launch a campaign to boost tourism in Thailand named: ‘Thailand Stronger Together’.

The campaign's promotions includes various offers. Tourists will immediately receive an extra free night at selected hotels in Phuket after booking a night's accomodations, as well as discounts on food and drinks discounts, and tourists will be able to upgrade their accommodations hosted by GTA agents worldwide. Travelers can also receive free Stronger Together t-shirts by take a photo of themselves wearing shirt at selected hotels with '#ThailandStrongerTogether' included in the caption.

The campaign is an attempt to boost tourist confidence, and boost the nations’s tourism activity during the low-season, especially among travelers from Asia and the Middle-East which are considered short-haul travelers.

GTA agents have brought 1,256,148 travelers to Thailand in the previous year. TAT is positive that this campaign will help generate up to 250 million baht of revenue and remains confident that inbound tourists for the remainder of the year will reach the projected figure of 28.8 million, which would yield a 1.4 trillion baht income.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-23 footer_n.gif

Hearye hearye, boycott Gulliver's Travel Associates!

Wearing a t-shirt to promote a destination where others will be hurt, ripped-off or treated with disdain, especially by the police, is tantamount to the criminal charge of depraved indifference.

Why would anyone knowingly want to put others in harms way?

This just HAS to be for Thai tourism for Thais. How on earth is a slogan like that welcoming or encouraging for foreign tourists ?

Stronger together sounds like a protest slogan or for peoples rights or something...or a recruiting program cheesy.gif

Amazing tourist campaign it sure aint.

Edited by englishoak

This just HAS to be for Thai tourism for Thais. How on earth is a slogan like that welcoming or encouraging for foreign tourists ?

Stronger together sounds like a protest slogan or for peoples rights or something...or a recruiting program cheesy.gif

This campaign, without the catchy slogan, has been reported elsewhere as being aimed at the domestic market. Like you I really don't understand the reasoning behind the slogan; it does sound like something political.

On another point, what's happened to the new 30m projection for tourist numbers? Looks like we're back to the old figure.

Can't wait for next week's announcement, though there are plenty more tourism departments to produce some more conflicting reports in the next couple of days.

What they mean by "Stronger Together" is that it is easier for 4, 6 ,8 of them to jump on a tourist to stomp him into a pulp, than it is for one. coffee1.gif

I find it sad that nobody recalls poor old Gulliver.

The name of the travel agency says it all.

47268.jpg

Edited by jaywalker

post-9891-0-04172500-1442977442_thumb.jp

Tourists are advised to travel together in herds to avoid the predators that can be found at popular resorts such as Phuket, Pattaya and Samui. There's strength in numbers

Remember, it's a jungle out there. Welcome to Untamed Thailand.

Edited by ratcatcher

Can't wait for the Chinese tour groups wearing these stupid, but free T-shirts en mass. I can see them marching lock step behind their handlers beaming with happiness in getting a free t-shirt.

The stronger together propaganda is so transparent it's obvious. If your against the junta your somehow against their concept of government and implicit that your not supportive of Thailand. These simpletons.

Edited by Praematura

This campaign, without the catchy slogan, has been reported elsewhere as being aimed at the domestic market. Like you I really don't understand the reasoning behind the slogan; it does sound like something political.

On another point, what's happened to the new 30m projection for tourist numbers? Looks like we're back to the old figure.

Can't wait for next week's announcement, though there are plenty more tourism departments to produce some more conflicting reports in the next couple of days.

...duh...Thailand has got so lawless that it is now....SAFER TOGETHER.........

Who comes up with these slogans.....another "fail" from TAT

I must take exception to your comment. wink.png

"SAFER TOGETHER" was my slogan. It came to me after being inspired by the imaginative and memorable "STRONGER TOGETHER" used by TAT.whistling.gif

"SAFER TOGETHER" was my slogan. It came to me after being inspired by the imaginative and memorable "STRONGER TOGETHER" used by TAT.whistling.gif

A job awaits you at TAT!

A job awaits you at TAT!

They already refused my application on the grounds "You falang, you know too mutt" rolleyes.gif