Wife announces she doesn't want our son and leaves

Poryai ChaAm

I hope she comes to her senses.

You can stay on a visa to support your child 400k Baht or 40k baht per month. If you are named on his Thai birth certificate you can use that.

This link could be a starting point for you

http://www.thailaws.org/child-dependancy-visa/

Link was bad but thanks

The link still works. Is the site blocked?

get a 404

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

will try it from a proxy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can stay on a visa to support your child 400k Baht or 40k baht per month. If you are named on his Thai birth certificate you can use that.

Link was bad but thanks

get a 404
Should see this.

post-18949-14430075550805_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

If you really love your son, wouldn't the best option be to take him back to your own country and let him get an education where he will be able to support himself after you pass on?

With your little pension, you will leave him with nothing, and worse off leave him in Thailand where he will have no chance to have anything his entire life.

This is a time to reflect back and explore all options what is best for your son's future

Good luck

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

If you really love your son, wouldn't the best option be to take him back to your own country and let him get an education where he will be able to support himself after you pass on?

With your little pension, you will leave him with nothing, and worse off leave him in Thailand where he will have no chance to have anything his entire life.

This is a time to reflect back and explore all options what is best for your son's future

Good luck

For kids its often indeed much better to go to back to ones own country and let them have an education over there. Its quite expensive to pay for a good education over here.

Link was bad but thanks

It was working for me at 20.07 this evening.

Sad to read this story. Feel for the young lad. ......Well, Books have been written on the subject of Thai women. Just contunue being the best Father you can be. Good luck.

If the implication is that Thai women are more prone to this than other nations I suspect you are wrong. Happens quite regularly in the UK if tabloids and social dramas are to be believed.

99.9% of Thai women would be absolutely revolted by her behaviour, of that I am sure. Maybe mental issues involved?

[so now we've got the posting on Thai women are wicked, so we might as well have the Thai apologist post]

I wish this had landed in the visa section but... It's apparent that the OP can get an extension of stay similar to but a bit more detailed in application to a marriage extension. Once proof of the situation (child his, Thai national etc.) is made it would require a fee of 1900 baht and proof of 400k in bank or 40k per month income. It used to be and perhaps still is that a combination of bank deposit and income totaling 400k would work too.

The above link works for me but it says the same and is essentially an ad for a legal firm - Siam Legal.

I wish this had landed in the visa section but... It's apparent that the OP can get an extension of stay similar to but a bit more detailed in application to a marriage extension. Once proof of the situation (child his, Thai national etc.) is made it would require a fee of 1900 baht and proof of 400k in bank or 40k per month income. It used to be and perhaps still is that a combination of bank deposit and income totaling 400k would work too.

The above link works for me but it says the same and is essentially an ad for a legal firm - Siam Legal.

Thanks again!.. For some reason tried in 3 different browsers it doesn't work ( the link) will go to SIam Legal site and explore there. Wasn't sure where to start the thread, sorry it wasn't in the right place.

I have to agree with the poster who says don't give her another chance to inflict damage. Your son is now far more important than your wife and move on without her. I also hear Thai women are a vengeful lot so guard against potential retaliation, too.

Sorry this happened to you.

I would not give her a second chance to do more damage...but you may have to "act" as a consoling/forgiving husband and father, just so you can pull out what you need.....from the property, signatures, and all that. Once done....walk away with your son (hopefully)....as she is unfit.

Have to agree with this post as there is absolutely no way that I would want her back....living on tenterhooks, not knowing if she would pull the same stunt again, and perhaps finally shattering any bond/love that you've been working on if there had been some sort of "reconciliation".

Once you know where you stand you can plan for a future, when you don't, you can't because you never know when this could recur.......stay strong, investigate all options, put a plan in place and move on.

I wish you all the very best.

I have to agree with the poster who says don't give her another chance to inflict damage. Your son is now far more important than your wife and move on without her. I also hear Thai women are a vengeful lot so guard against potential retaliation, too.

Sorry this happened to you.

Thank you...Am agreed on this will be very guarded and only focus on his well being. She has been a bit irrational before but never stood in front of him screaming I don't want you to him till he was shaking... she too will fade away with time.. no chance for reconciliation but must tread warily to achieve the best for him. Appreciate all the support and input from you all!

Edited by Poryai ChaAm

I would not give her a second chance to do more damage...but you may have to "act" as a consoling/forgiving husband and father, just so you can pull out what you need.....from the property, signatures, and all that. Once done....walk away with your son (hopefully)....as she is unfit.

Have to agree with this post as there is absolutely no way that I would want her back....living on tenterhooks, not knowing if she would pull the same stunt again, and perhaps finally shattering any bond/love that you've been working on if there had been some sort of "reconciliation".

Once you know where you stand you can plan for a future, when you don't, you can't because you never know when this could recur.......stay strong, investigate all options, put a plan in place and move on.

I wish you all the very best.

Thanks ! Am intent on proceeding as you would ..caution, and putting a plan in place to move on and give him what he deserves

Thanks for the good wishes!

Sad to read this story. Feel for the young lad. ......Well, Books have been written on the subject of Thai women. Just contunue being the best Father you can be. Good luck.

If the implication is that Thai women are more prone to this than other nations I suspect you are wrong. Happens quite regularly in the UK if tabloids and social dramas are to be believed.

99.9% of Thai women would be absolutely revolted by her behaviour, of that I am sure. Maybe mental issues involved?

[so now we've got the posting on Thai women are wicked, so we might as well have the Thai apologist post]

you are right that the majority of Thai women aren't like this but most of us already know there are a greater deal of Thai women who are game-players than women in other nations. we've heard all these stories before of how they will even have families before attempting to rip off their partner and take everything.

i wouldn't get married in the west let alone here in Thailand. the law is not on our side.

Edited by ThiMoon

Actually you also also argue that there are more of us old geezers visiting Thailand with misconceptions of our handsome youthful vigor - without much chance of getting married in our home countries and wondering why in some cases things turn sour when are are actually able to get married here.

Well, of course, you will figure all this out... Do what is best.. for you and your son...what is best....and what works for you.. as you are the one who be the agent of change in your son's life.

Sorry to hear about your situation.. time and like all things, you will get through this..

Heads up mate.

Sorry to hear about that, what a freaking bitch, my friend is deadbroke and has two kids with his Thai wife and they're divorced, he has a non Immigrant O visa (kind of a parental thing) if I remember correctly so I'm sure you can get the same, don't knock me on exact terms for that visa but sure immigration can help you out.

Edited by dennis123

• 2 weeks later...

If finances are a problem you could as a last resort go to Suvannakhet and get a one year non immigrant visa based on marriage. Providing you have your original marriage certificate no proof of financial status will be needed.

Was not aware of that... Do I go out and come in ? Have heard that since the Bangkok Bombing In and out visas are being discontinued.. at least the tourist ones..

You cannot just do a quick in out. You have to go to the Thai consulate and pay 5000 baht for the visa . It is an overnight task so you need a hotel for 1 night.

There are several threads on Thai visa about this so you can do a search for the full details.

Thanks Denim! Found the links and Bookmarked em!

No need to panic just yet.

I`m no expert but guess that you can still obtain a visa extension based on married to a Thai because officially you are still married. Once you are divorced and that becomes finalised then I think you have 7 days to amend your visa.

I also think that after the divorce a Farang can claim 50% of the value of any property, so watch your wife like a hawk and make sure she doesn`t try to take out any loans or sell the property behind your back, that is a common trick here.

Being blunt and straight to the point, guessing that your wife has fond a better option, so be on guard and watch your back.

Personally i would move back to where i came from, plus the ''Education'' for my Son would be 100 times better than here in ''Thailand''..

back ''Home'' , you would have more support from the Government, and hopefully have a better life for the pair of yous...

best of luck.. sad story.... but seems to happen a lot here.

Personally i would move back to where i came from, plus the ''Education'' for my Son would be 100 times better than here in ''Thailand''..

back ''Home'' , you would have more support from the Government, and hopefully have a better life for the pair of yous...

That`s providing the Thai wife doesn`t follow on to the home country, use their legal system where the chances are she will gain custody of the children, free housing, welfare, all at the OP`s expense.

I speak from experience.

That`s providing the Thai wife doesn`t follow on to the home country, use their legal system where the chances are she will gain custody of the children, free housing, welfare, all at the OP`s expense.

I speak from experience.

how does the Thai wife get into the home country? She wouldn't get a visa without the OP sponsoring her, surely?

The OP can continue on his right to remain due to marriage but when he comes up for the yearly extension, his wife has to accompany him to immigration and there will be requirements of photos together at the house, so if his wife refuses to cooperate he won't get an extension.

His best bet is a visa based on taking care off his kid, though he should see his long term plan as returning to his home country to give his son the best education opportunities.

The OP mentioned his wife turned against him shortly after starting a job. I would hazard a guess that she has met someone else and she sees the husband and her child as an impediment to the new relationship. At least she is not yet using the kid as a bargaining chip. The OP should move swiftly but cooly to get him and his child to a safe place.

I went through basically the same thing 2years ago. Your only choice is to move with the boy. Quickly

she will be back. And she will never sign yo sell land for you. I have custody of my two young sons bet made the mistake of being nice. Big big mistake. Run and run now. Change your number and dont look back. Call I you want. 0860175905

I speak from experience.

How will she get a visa without being sponsored unless she has a UK passport or has done her time?