Am I ruining my car in Phuket?

backstairs

Thank you all for helpful remarks, even to the chap who called me trollicky, I think I know what he is implying. My car is Japanese and my anecdotes are honest, A Yorkshireman, to whom I defer in things mechanical, advises getting them all seen to just before I sell. And prior to that he advises, " to polish out most scratches with a bit of Jif and a damp cloth. The real stuff is called T-Cut but Jif (for cleaning baths) is good enough."

It's better to think that car is just a combination of metals and plastics. The purpose of the car is to move people and goods from one place to another. Nothing more, nothing less.

Driving a car on normal roads, requires too much attention, is not fun at all. It's a job which should be given to professional drivers, until the computers take control.

I'm hopeful that the future will bring self driving cars. That would allow us to travel across the country while enjoying a bubblebath, single malt, some movies, as well as becoming a member of the 100km/h club.

try changing the world, if fails, try this .... it called "1st class insurance", even Thailand has it.

Phukets attitude and driving habits have nothing to do with the world. Look at what it takes to get a licence here...eh and yes the accident statistic.

Edited by Felt 35

Backstairs, sell the car and rent when you need to go out of Phuket. I've done that the last 10 years and both my wallet and heart are happier. From mid 90`s to 06 I had three different cars here but got tired of repairing other peoples lack of driving knowledge and consideration to the fact that they are not alone on the road.

No Im not a bad driver after International standards but actually recognized as a safe driver without an accident in more than 30 years.

somebody once told me the secret of longevity was to laugh a lot and drive a big car, that's why I enjoys reading and listening to whinnies and Thai bashers pathetic comments on Thai Visa and in bars and drives a VX80 with bull bar.

Pot calling the kettle black

somebody once told me the secret of longevity was to laugh a lot and drive a big car, that's why I enjoys reading and listening to whinnies and Thai bashers pathetic comments on Thai Visa and in bars and drives a VX80 with bull bar.

travel all the way here but can't escape it can you?

not all pots are from KKK's low socio-economic cook house, they've too much hate and too much fear! and they're over here spoiling it for others. I'm a sabuy sabuy pot in an interracial relationship with other pot(s) and firmly believes all pots are created equal.

not all pots are from KKK's low socio-economic cook house, they've too much hate and too much fear! and they're over here spoiling it for others. I'm a sabuy sabuy pot in an interracial relationship with other pot(s) and firmly believes all pots are created equal.

That's "sabai sabai."

I have the feeling you are in for a steep learning curve in the future.

Edited by NamKangMan

Big car, bars and bull bar, sure, you are on the right path here, for a while!

That's "sabai sabai."

I have the feeling you are in for a steep learning curve in the future.

I've nothing but plenty of time, experience and surrounded by eager teachers ... it won't be steep and I prefer "Sabuy Sabuy" that's how it sounds to me ... but thanks any way for the heads-up ICE man.