Do You Feel Unfairly Treated?

Bluecat

I made, what I considered some rather innocuous comments, regarding the Thai official who said that Thailand would be a developed country soon.

Those comments were deleted, and I was labeled a racist (and it was suggested I had had too much to drink when those comments were posted, which was not the case) and warned about making such posts again and told I should leave the country.

I thought that was unfair treatment for the following reasons: the post were deleted, so I couldn't go back and review what was posted and therefore couldn't defend them. Secondly, since when is constructive criticism of what Thai officials SAY off limits? Thirdly, being referred to as a racist was uncalled for, based upon a criticism of what a Thai official SAID, and based upon a post that was deleted and not avaialbe for review was, IME, extreme and unfair.

If the motto "Love it or leave it" is the guiding principle for living in a country, where would everyone live? Loving something doesn't mean it should be above criticism. In fact, the proper kind of criticism, thoughtful criticism, shows you've given some thought to the problems and care enough to risk offending the one being criticised, for their ultimate good.

"Iron sharpenth iron."

I well recall your comments Nemesis. Well reasoned but O F F E N S I VE as were your responses to me.

That is, beyond having cheap shots at admins.

The only ones I can afford,...

Keep testing me. It won't take long.

I sincerely apologize if I offended any of the administrators on this forum.

It was an unconsidered attack from my side, proving once more that we are no match to the wit and cleverness of you, admin.

I love you all :o

I won't do it again. Promise. Except if I have a verrrry good reason,...

Not talking about the admin this time (but they are free to reply,... :o )

So, let's start with Yohan

Posted: Tue 2004-04-06, 11:00:03  

If somebody interested, I will send you some personal attacks as samples for your information. Copies of originals, which I find sometimes in my mailbox....

Johann

I do not notice any problems at this forum so far, despite I like typing and I have some time off during my work to deliver my postings.....

To avoid misunderstandings:

My collection of various hate-mail and similar vulgar creations was sent to me by other people out in the internet, and not even one is connected to the Thai-Forum.

One user of Thai-Forum was worried about if a foreigner might consider his postings as a personal attack and I assured him, this is for sure not the case....

I offered him to send him some copies of garbage, what I find sometimes in my mailbox.....should he really need some material to compare his polite arguments with that, what I would call personal attacks....

I think, this Thaivisa-Forum is quite good....no complaints by my side about the other users or the administration.....

Johann