Police spokesman confirms Bangkok bombings are not act of terrorism

webfact

I can imagine the diplomatic cables sent back to the various foreign ministries will contain some very pointed, unflattering language.

LoS seems oblivious to the ease with which they make fools of themselves.

How come the ThaiPBS report doesn't mention that the meeting hall where they held the briefing erupted into howls of laughter after the police spokesman finished telling everyone it wasn't terrorism??? tongue.pnglaugh.png

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not terrorism? A "vengeful attack"? As in revenge for something the victims of the attack had done? Oh, so then the people who died and were injured at Erawan were themselves somehow involved in the repatriation of the Ughurs? What extraordinary intelligence gathering and planning to get those individuals all at Erawan at the same time in time for the bombing!

And silly us; here we were thinking the casualties were innocent bystanders and tourists, and therefore victims of a bonafide terrorist act.

Thailand delivers yet another pathetic blunder on the world stage. Such humiliation; and from people that put such value on "face". No wonder the higher-ups see a need for a "Great Firewall"; if only they could be made to realize it won't put an end to the world ridicule.

They are trying to manage the spin ... I guess they like the sound of revenge vs terror. Again, they have missed the point. Resistance is futile, all people will see and remember is that there was a bomb blast that killed. In this case, the motive and the spin will go unheard.

It's baffling how they can come out with absurd statements and keep a straight face at the same time! blink.png

As far as its image goes Thais are their own worst enemy. Its no wonder people only ask me about thai bargirls? Its their only interest about the country.

Surely a matter how the term "terrorism" is defined.

"Terrorism is any act designed to cause terror.[1]Terrorism is generally understood to feature a political objective."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Obviously, the police spokesman considered terrorism to be always politically motivated to achieve a certain political goal while terrorizing can also refer even to bullying, black mailing, even trolling in a forum etc. etc.

Those Bangkok bombers apparently did not have a policitical objective in respect of Thailand which otherwise would mean continued acts of causing terror until the political goal is achieved - as for example in the far south of the Kingdom - but rather they were just motivated by vengeance and this seemed to be what the RTP tried to express.

Therefore, no need to interpret too much into this especially not in respect of using it to start another flame and blame attack against RTP driven by general personal disliking of the Thai authorities. wai2.gif

Really? So what was the POLITICAL goal of 9/11?

It's baffling how they can come out with absurd statements and keep a straight face at the same time! blink.png

As far as its image goes Thais are their own worst enemy. Its no wonder people only ask me about thai bargirls? Its their only interest about the country.

Sex sells, so does crime. whistling.gif

Tell about these Muslim people keep them where their at and everything is ok

Nonsense.

Hate fuelled, ill informed, simplistic, bigoted, narrow minded prejudiced nonsense.

As usual.

Maybe, but he does have a point.

No.

All he has is his hatred.

Hatred is negative but ignoring danger is stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

When somebody blow up a bomb in any other country than Thailand, it's called "act of terrorism".

I think RTP and their spokesman need some kind of education, they obviously forgot everything they learned at school.

When somebody blow up a bomb in any other country than Thailand, it's called "act of terrorism".

I think RTP and their spokesman need some kind of education, they obviously forgot everything they learned at school.

They see Obama calling obvious acts of terror something else ("workplace violence", etc.), and think they can get away with the same thing. Thai children must not get to hear Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes the way we did. (Then again, most of us who did hear it seem to have forgotten it, hence the dramatic resurgence of the snake oil industry.)

They went to school ??

Yes the school of hard knocks or the price is right.