How much will I need

robin4977

So give or take thats around 7,500thb per day.

Seems ok ,

Guessing some days youll be at the beach not spending alot , so this is going to carry on to the next day .

For when youll spend it on day trips etc.

Wouldnt worry too much if I was you.

Edited by The Big Mango

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6k per day should easily be doable if you look around a bit.

1.5k Hotel, 350 scooter (dont use taxi if you can), 1k food for 2 (local thai food), leaves about 3k to save and use for transport to nearby islands.

You wont be hopping to islands every day so do 2-3 quiet days and you'll have enough budget for a more busy day out.

The prices here vary a LOT. You can live here on less than 1k per day and you can as easily spend more than 10k without doing much more.

About 7/11: I have been around Europe quite a bit and also some middle eastern countries. I've never seen a 7/11 in my life before coming to Thailand/Asia.

Edited by eisfeld

For your info and not in Phuket, two weeks in Vietnam with my wife in a nice hotel near the lake in Hanoi cost me $120 per day all in, including the flight, the same in Siem Reap including the flight. Thailand is not cheap anymore. Hotel in Hanoi was $55 night for a suite in a new hotel and $80 in Siem Reap next to the swimming pool, also a new hotel with breakfast.

I am returning to Hanoi next month, large beer is $1.

post-163766-0-67697100-1443171049_thumb.

Edited by yimlitnoy

I take it a 7/11 is like a local shop ? Regards phuket tours I have looked at them already thank you

You don't know what a 7/11 is .... what planet do you live on. 7/11 is a convenience minimarket and world wide.

320px-7eleven_world_map.png

Strange definition of "world wide"

For your info and not in Phuket, two weeks in Vietnam with my wife in a nice hotel near the lake in Hanoi cost me $120 per day all in, including the flight, the same in Siem Reap including the flight. Thailand is not cheap anymore. Hotel in Hanoi was $55 night for a suite in a new hotel and $80 in Siem Reap next to the swimming pool, also a new hotel with breakfast.

I am returning to Hanoi next month, large beer is $1.

attachicon.gifVietnam Capture.JPG

Awwww..... a spreadsheet for the holiday budget...how sad.

Tutti 10.000 Baht per day for normal stay.

Tutti 20.000 Baht per day for a more luxury stay.

Tutti = hotel, transport, tours , food, fun,......

10,000 a day !! For me and Partner hotel is 1290 Baht a night. Where are we going to spend the balance for a normal day let alone at 20,000 Baht day !

Myself and she who must be obeyed travel to different parts of Thailand every six weeks or so, cost in total about 5,000 Baht including Diesel.....3 nights in an average room that costs about 400 Bt a night (we don't believe in paying more than that just to have a sleep) Thai food at roadside stalls, Iced coffee at Amazon when we go for a "fill up" or just for a break (neither of us drink so no nights out in bars). If we left on a Monday morning we would return the following Thursday night. Lovely little breaks at little or no cost above the average week. If we won the Lottery we wouldn't be bothered spending those four days in any different way. It is the different views, scenery and meeting different people we enjoy and the reason we go on the trips and most,.. sorry..... all.....of that is "free".

I take it a 7/11 is like a local shop ? Regards phuket tours I have looked at them already thank you

You don't know what a 7/11 is .... what planet do you live on. 7/11 is a convenience minimarket and world wide.

320px-7eleven_world_map.png

Strange definition of "world wide"

I suppose I have in lived in S.E. Asia far too long. See them on every corner in Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia. Same in the US and Canada. Oh well .. thank's for that map .... surprise to me ... facepalm.gif

I see some posters urging you rent a motor bike. In my opinion only experienced bikers should drive here in Thailand. I see far too many newbie tourists wobbling about on a m/bike causing great danger to themselves and other road users. I drove a bike daily here for 12 years, given the increase in traffic I hung up my m/bike helmet 7 years ago and now only drive a car. Sure, parking a car has it's challenges in the busier area of Phuket, but if prepared to walk 5 minutes then always find somewhere to park.

Yes Robin, it's pretty much what you like to do. Not counting your hotel Bill, I've had some good meals for around 400 baht per person, alcohol would be about 100 baht, cheap wine a beer. Careful about the street food of course , but eating there is cheaper again. Going to the beach costs nothing. You can buy your own drinks and snacks in a 7/11 for lunch, packet soups, hotdogs etc.

go to the market and buy gorgeous fruit, wash it in clean water, bottled! Big bottle water in shops 15 to 20 baht.

Look at the various tour firms. Have a look on tripadvisor for good safe companies.dont save on that !!! Specially boat trips!!

Anyhow, you wouldn't do a tour every day otherwise you'd be worn out after 3 !!!!! Avoid taxis, big rip off! So one day you'd spend more, the next three days much less. If you are stopping off in Bangkok there's a load of cheap hotels, the sky train to get around, loads of good cheap food.Plenty of great places to visit. Happy hols.

Hi Robin, I live in Scotland and although having been to the USA and having heard of 7/11's, they are not well known in the UK. My husband and I travelled to Bangkok for one week in May of this year ( a city not to be missed if going all the way to Thailand).

Now I'm not sure if it's cheaper there (we are going to Krabi in November so will have a better idea after that) but we did eat at quite a few of the street vendors (some of them do have tables and chairs) and you were talking for a main course anything from £1 up to about £4. Hotel restaurants were about the same price as the UK, the better the hotel obviously the more expensive it becomes. Alcoho:l for beer was maybe slightly cheaper than the UK, again depends where you buy it, but wine is expensive and not great.

Taxis are not expensive to use, but hiring a car for a day would be cheaper and you could obviously see more of the country. Hotels range from £10 a night upwards, depends what you can put up with, but it is only somewhere to rest your head. We did however stay at the Dusit Thani which was amazing.

I wouldn't personally take a Tuk Tuk, unless you are prepared to go to a predetermined tailors/jewellers or other tourist attraction that they can get a fuel voucher from, you will be charged a couple of hundred Bhat for a short journey, also beware of men in smart suits recommending places, it's another con! We were taken in a few times in Thailand but it all adds to the experience.

Have a great time!

You'll be fine on that budget. You won't blow your budget on booze and girls as many single blokes would. Don't eat at side street vendors or you'll both get crook. Stick to decent looking restaurants. You can check the prices on the menus. Look at the hotel prices on the internet. They are often cheaper than the walk-in price. You are also entitled to look at the hotel room before you check in/pay if you want to check out the quality first.

You can often hire fantails off the beach for island destinations closer than abut 10 km away. Often they'll take you for 600 Baht and show you all the sites for much less than bigger boats/organised tours.

Decent place to stay plus max 5,000 spending pd say a total of 8k. Travelling with a partner I have never spent more than that in 30 odd years of living and visiting LOS even when travelling solo and on company expenses ( good old days), no street food or booze these days but always 3-4 star hotel B&B, 8k pd does us fine averaged out. Don't be too analytical otherwise you'll end up not going at all.

Tutti 10.000 Baht per day for normal stay.

Tutti 20.000 Baht per day for a more luxury stay.

Tutti = hotel, transport, tours , food, fun,......

10,000 a day !! For me and Partner hotel is 1290 Baht a night. Where are we going to spend the balance for a normal day let alone at 20,000 Baht day !

Tours for both - 4,000 baht, 2 meals (assuming breaky at hotel), another 1,000 baht, evening entertainment (drinks) another 1,000 baht. Almost 10,000 baht right there with hotel cost never mind any taxi costs.

Yes, but it's not every day the spend is so high. Relaxation time (after all it is a holiday, right?) at the beach or around the pool is considerably less.

Could someone please tell me then average cost of a local cuisine meal for two and how much am I likely to pay for a bottle of beer

300-400 baht for a meal for 2 give or take.

small beers 50-70 baht

large 90-120

Rent a vehicle, motorbike (+-1500 baht per week) or car ($ not sure) your choice but don't count on public transport/taxis.

See pic for typical rate for decent hotel. I have actually stayed at the one below which was great and for less than 600 baht its tough to beat.

post-200208-0-20670500-1443190574_thumb.

Edited by csabo

Hotel is around 800-1200 per night for a nice room. Most malls have foodcourts where you can eat for 300bt or less for 2 persons. Taxi is expensive in Phuket so think of renting a scooter. Scooters is around 2500 bht month. Now all else is extra. I have lived in Phuket.BKK and Pattaya and can easily say that Phuket is most expensive. In Pattaya i can have nice hotel for 500bht and wienerschnitzel 100bht. Or cordon Bleu with fried potato 130 bht. Its 350bht minimum in Phuket

Could someone please tell me then average cost of a local cuisine meal for two and how much am I likely to pay for a bottle of beer

300-400 baht for a meal for 2 give or take.

small beers 50-70 baht

large 90-120

Rent a vehicle, motorbike (+-1500 baht per week) or car ($ not sure) your choice but don't count on public transport/taxis.

See pic for typical rate for decent hotel. I have actually stayed at the one below which was great and for less than 600 baht its tough to beat.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-25 at 9.14.47 PM.png

Can you tell me name of hotel or if against forum rules please message me it thank you

630 ml Chang in 7/11 about 45 baht.

Pint of Guinness in restaurant 300 baht. Up to you.

Cuisine from 30 baht each to 1000 baht each. Up to you.

Hotel from 300 baht to 50,000 baht, Up to you.

I don't plan to eat western style at all my bucket list consists of me eating what the locals do day in day out I am always the same when I go to a country I really do appreciate your feedback and giving me the time you have to reply to posts and I take it a 7/11 is like a local shop ? Regards phuket tours I have looked at them already thank you

That is not true, in Europe only in Scandinavia. Look the map, what planet you live on? That you believe that, -LivinginKata-.

the planet of USA? lol tongue.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven

500px-7eleven_world_map.png

Never heard of them obviously all we have is asda ,tesco ,Morrisons and sainsbury ha ha

As for 7/11 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven to be found on what seems like every town corner anywhere in the developed world.

Look the map in your LINK, look the Countries in the list - so Central Europe is not developed? lol tongue.png

500px-7eleven_world_map.png