looking for carer for 18 year old boy with autism

pattayamick64

hi every one

coming back to pattaya on the 23 rd of december this time with a aussie girl who has a son with autism so im looking for a female carer to take him out every 2nd or 3rd day for the day and night to all the kid attractions such as underwater world and waterpark

willing to pay 1000 baht a day plus food and all entry fees to attractions the female carer would be taking him too again looking for female carer ,the 18 year old boy is very smart ,just needs a authoritorian female who speaks good english

so fellow forum users if you know anyone out there it would be much appreciated

<<<< E-mail address removed as per forum rules, please use PM function to contact>>>>

Edited by metisdead
17) Do not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to non-commercial sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile

So do you only want the carer, every second or third day, or every day? Live in or out?

If every day, that's very generous as average wage about 300.

For a short term job, and English speaking skills, you won't find anybody reliable for 300B. At least nobody I'd trust my handicapped relative with! LOL

Our neighbor trains nurses. We asked about some short term help a few months ago. First, she had none available. They were all fully booked up. But the rate was 800B per day.

thanks very much for your help and input so far everyone

and lt would be live out situation and every 2nd or 3rd day taking him out

Good luck with finding a professional carer that will only work 2 or 3 days a week. That's not much income, and they have to pay rent etc.

IMO either pay them less per day for a full time job, or find an unqualified person that will work part time.

she has now decided on having a live in carer every day for the whole 2 weeks

she has checked out the site great aupa pattaya from the previous post may i say great website for farangs .

but some of the prices they are asking are same,same, with bar girl prices ,some though are reasonable but finding some that are live in on this site are few and far between and then the availability of dates come into play also .

she is checking the site out with great gusto but any other thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated in advance

No Security Guard needed !!!

Just after a female who is kind ,compassionate,patient & has a good sense of humor !!!

My son has high functioning Autism who is quite intelligent !!!

Yes he does have some behavioral issues ,but mainly its anxiety but with a bit of understanding & reassurance all should be fun :)

The role of the carer would consist of taking him out to waterparks ,Central Shopping Mall ,Cabaret Shows,Museums etc.

Also helping him buy lunch & dinner as required .Please note that it will mainly be a MacDonalds choice for him :)

1000 baht a day & all expenses paid is a pretty good deal !!!

What? 6000 baht plus all meals and incidentals covered for 6 days work over 12 days? I don't see anything wrong with that rate.

Yes, for someone on 300 a day that would be great, but apparently a professional is wanted at 800 plus per day, so that would be 9,600 for 12 days that they would get in a full time job. Why would they forgo 3,600 for a short term job?

It doesn't appear there are any wanting work that desperately.

Mick.

Steady on.

Just step back and think about what you are actually suggesting / researching on a forum board.

My 13 year old girl has severe autism too and I do understand your situation, but do really trust some stranger you found on a web site to take (someone elses) kid out and about Pattaya without you or a relative at present?

If you need a break away together my suggestion would be to arrange for him to stay with a trusted family relative nearer home rather than an unknown entity in Pattaya.

Edited by soihok

Mick.

Steady on.

Just step back and think about what you are actually suggesting / researching on a forum board.

My 13 year old girl has severe autism too and I do understand your situation, but do really trust some stranger you found on a web site to take (someone elses) kid out and about Pattaya without you or a relative at present?

If you need a break away together my suggestion would be to arrange for him to stay with a trusted family relative nearer home rather than an unknown entity in Pattaya.

Pardon my bluntness, but have you been drinking?

I understand what you are saying, but the OP knows the capabilities of the child better than any of us, and if they want to pay a proper carer at much expense to be a babysitter that is their call.

Were they to pay an untrained person off the street 300 a day, your concerns might be valid.

It all depends on the child.

It's all very well to suggest using a trusted relative, but there are a thousand reasons that that may not be possible. All my relatives/ friends work and would not be able to do so if it were me asking.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

True, but there is no way in the world I would go on holiday with the kid and not stay together.

I can't believe that someone would just put their vulnerable kid into the care of a stranger (in Pattaya) for a couple of weeks.

over the last 30years ive been coming to thailand ,and seeing what and who some of the same,same ,girls go home with and have to put up with on a long time basis with some farangs ,anybody who gets to look after this very smart boy with might i say less complications i know some thai girls are putting up with in regards to elderly farangs i know looking after this boy would be easy

i thought i would be able to find some nurse that instead of earning a low wage in hospital could turn around and say to their boss that mum is sick or buffaloes are sick to have a chance to earn some good money for two weeks thats all

Most Thai workers only get one day off per week. They do have some holiday time, but that's typically taken during the various Thai holidays to go visit family. The nurses at a hospital would possibly be able to work after their shift, but doubt they'd be able to take 2 weeks off to help you. Competition for these jobs is strong. They won't want to risk anything that would cause them to lose it.

Can your hotel help? They might be able to check around for you.

I have no intentions in just handing my son over to a stranger without getting to know her first ,We will be spending the first day with her to make sure everyone feels comfortable. By the end of that day I"m sure my son & I will know whether she will be the right candidate or not..

thanks for your concern soihok ,,with the help from other forum users the website wwwgreataupapattaya.com has so far been a great source of information the site has registered carers with a wealth of experiences and refrences from past families

in regards to kidnapping it would be their worse nightmare dealing with some one that has autism and akso dealing with the nightmare from me who has special skills set that would be a nightmare to anyone