800 Baht Airport Taxi

banchang

Nu-uh... It's all controlled by the same guys. Bangkok taxis dropping off in Pattaya generally go through them to get a job going back. They don't take too kindly to taxis who try to avoid their system. 200 baht for them, 600 baht for the taxi driver.

I bypassed them on my last trip. Agreed 800 baht with the driver. He paid all of the tolls and then screwed up the tickets and threw them away. He earned a one hundred baht tip with that action.

The lower cost will eventually drive the price down. One will do it first to get an advantage on the competition, and the rest will have to follow suit.

Look the only things that come down in pattaya are.

Knickers. not the cost of a Taxi.

:D

:D yes taxi fares go up and down like a brides nightie :o

The lower cost will eventually drive the price down. One will do it first to get an advantage on the competition, and the rest will have to follow suit.

[/quote

Bride's actually wear nighties?

To get back to taxis --- when are we going to get taxis in this Thailand's second city? Its totally ridiculous that when having a night out ( yes, guys, I do have nights out!) I have to take one of those awful baht buses or hire a car. Can't phone for a clean, a/c, taxi with a sign on the window saying "I love farangs"

Baht Bus(s) rule, stop whinging!!! :D

Dear Brit,

Why don't you start a new thread called "Bash Tammi"?

It would be a relief to all who have to put up with your instinctive negative comments to a person you have never met. How about a coffee? We might fall in love. :o

Baht Bus(s) rule, stop whinging!!! :D

Dear Brit,

Why don't you start a new thread called "Bash Tammi"?

It would be a relief to all who have to put up with your instinctive negative comments to a person you have never met. How about a coffee? We might fall in love. :o

Well cheers for the offer, doubt Ms. Brit would like your idea too much. :D

Japanese mate of mine made a very interesting comment when westerners would whinge about this or that in Asia. They try to compare what they know in the west with here in the east. We are not the west nor do we want to be like the west. Embrace the uniqueness - truely if every place was the same it would be a boring world.

[/quote

Bride's actually wear nighties?

To get back to taxis --- when are we going to get taxis in this Thailand's second city? Its totally ridiculous that when having a night out ( yes, guys, I do have nights out!) I have to take one of those awful baht buses or hire a car. Can't phone for a clean, a/c, taxi with a sign on the window saying "I love farangs"

are you serious?

theres not enough spare road space to accomodate taxis. imagine bach road with additional 4door taxis !! it will be clogged up for good.