Committee convened to probe Thai welfare agency’s sexy dance show

webfact

Committee Convened to Probe Welfare Agency’s Sexy Dance Show
By Khaosod English

1443096580_show02.jpg
Attendees of a Saturday event organized by the Social Security Office document the offending show using their smartphones.

BANGKOK — The Ministry of Labor is investigating why a bikini-clad singer was invited to serenade officials at a recent concert organized by the Social Security Office.

The Ministry’s permanent secretary Nakhon Silpa-archa said a committee has been convened and ordered to look into a Saturday concert held for Social Security Office officials which included a sexy dance show by a woman in a black bikini, photos of which quickly spread online and drew criticism.

“This incident affects the image of the Ministry of Labor and the government,” Nakhon said.

He said the committee will report back in five days with its findings.

“We have to investigate whether the organizers intentionally [invited her],” Permanent Secretary Nakhon said. “The punishment won’t be as high as an expulsion, but the offenders will have to made an example.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1443096278&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-25

Don't understand what all the stupid fuss is about......been to a couple of weddings in villages over time and they all have gyrating, pelvic thrusting pretties on stage with the loudest music imaginable.

The kids love it, and get up close to watch the girls......such great cultural events!

Why the mock outrage? It's what happens be it weddings, monk parties or seminars.

It's all part of the culture.

Exactly! Doesn't matter what occasion it is, they have sexy dance shows! On streets, in Wats, in public and private functions everywhere. It's a cultural thing, no problem.

Culture for sure, and nobody gets hurt.

Probably a few 'transfers' as a result of the 'investigation'. I guess part of it will involve 'hunting down' the girl and prosecuting her.

"“This incident affects the image of the Ministry of Labor and the government,” Nakhon said.

He said the committee will report back in five days with its findings."

​No. Stupid public comments and setting up a committee does!

If it's OK to have a "sexy" scantily clad coyote girl "singing" at funerals (which they do quite often at the Wat near me), I don't see the problem with having one at this event. Or is this mock/fake outrage meant to mean they actually don't like their homegrown girls doing this kind of stuff?

Edited by Tatsujin

Why the mock outrage? It's what happens be it weddings, monk parties or seminars.

It's all part of the culture.

Exactly! Doesn't matter what occasion it is, they have sexy dance shows! On streets, in Wats, in public and private functions everywhere. It's a cultural thing, no problem.

Culture for sure, and nobody gets hurt.

Probably a few 'transfers' as a result of the 'investigation'. I guess part of it will involve 'hunting down' the girl and prosecuting her.

I got "invited" once to an RTA "Change of Command" ceremony in Pathum Thani.

I was working there and really, really did NOT want to attend, but it was made obvious that I, the token Farang would cause them to lose much face if I didn't go.

I got sat at the highest table, right next to the 20 foot tall speakers & got to eat some of the spiciest of spicy food I have ever had to choke down.

There were no less than a dozen coyote dancers, all scrawny & not very attractive under the circumstances. It was about 2:00 PM & 33C/98F. At least we were in the shade.

I just kept reaching for that jug of Johnny Walker.

-----------------

I would have SO MUCH preferred to have just kept on working that day.

So, some old dinosaur attended with his wife, she didn't like the way he leered, and when the wife had a moment, expressed outrage at this display of un-ladylike behaviour to the wife of some other old dinosaur. This 2nd lady is going to be asking the first lady for a favour soon, so takes the mock outrage at face value and complains to her husband.

Her husband doesn't see a problem, but wants his wife to forgive him for his mia noi, so mentions to his friend that the show was a bit "off". His friend, who also has no problem with the show but actually having a gripe about the daughter of the person who organised the show turning down his advances, readily agrees that something should be said.......

.....and so on....

....and so on....

...... and so, the show is publicly condemned.

They have Social Security?

I can imagine the noise at this show. That is what should be a criminal offense.

The only Social Security I know of is governments to protect the rich and famous. Boys will be boys no matter the age or title. Just letting their hair down. They are all connected so nothing to see. Move on.

I think there are more pressing problems in Thailand to get worked up about.

They already formed committees for most of the problems in Thailand. In cases where the problems are causing loss of face on social media, or international criticism, they have formed more than one committee.

What more do you want?