Singha heiress finally gives in, withdraws her police application

webfact

Political colours aside, what amazes me is that the rich and powerful still seem to think the public will buy their 'dog ate my homework' excuses for anything and everything..

and also: "photograph of her and an interview in English about rural people and democracy shared online"

we should pity her! A months later with the Great Fire Wall this would not have hapenned.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny to read the reference to the name change: it almost looks like she secrificed her last name out of free will to protect the family interest.

In my mind the story was a bit different when people saw who she really was and her parents "forced" her to change her last name.

Her family have long been wrapped up in politics, and no doubt support her PDRC anti democratic activities whole heartedly and financially. The name change was probably to gain publicity for the movement more than anything, as any half serious observer of Thai politics would know how the Singha family has always leaned.

Publicity is exactly what the movement needed at that moment because the blockade of bangkok went by unnoticed /sarcasm

I agree that her family would not oppose her political affiliation, but they do had every right to be concerned about their company's sales figures when she started showing people how much she looked down on them.

Getting more publicity at that point did not make sense because that would result in every media channel giving the background of the name change and thereby repeating her unfortunate words. Even a quarter serious observer can undrstand that ;)

To go forward in her application she now needs to get fingerprinted. Maybe something she doesnot want to happen. Maybe afraid her prints are on weapons or things that could get her in trouble with the police.

And maybe not ! Didn't your parents teach you that if you can't say anything nice about someone it is best not to say anything.

Trying hard to get your post count up without adding anything to the topic?

Funny to read the reference to the name change: it almost looks like she secrificed her last name out of free will to protect the family interest.

In my mind the story was a bit different when people saw who she really was and her parents "forced" her to change her last name.

Her family have long been wrapped up in politics, and no doubt support her PDRC anti democratic activities whole heartedly and financially. The name change was probably to gain publicity for the movement more than anything, as any half serious observer of Thai politics would know how the Singha family has always leaned.

Publicity is exactly what the movement needed at that moment because the blockade of bangkok went by unnoticed /sarcasm

I agree that her family would not oppose her political affiliation, but they do had every right to be concerned about their company's sales figures when she started showing people how much she looked down on them.

Getting more publicity at that point did not make sense because that would result in every media channel giving the background of the name change and thereby repeating her unfortunate words. Even a quarter serious observer can undrstand that wink.png

Well i am sure changing her name in a whirlwind of press would have all the would be Singha beer boycotters completely and utterly flumoxed.

the real question should be why would an heiress want to be a cop anyway? Do cops make so much money from corruption that it pays better than being an heiress?

All these big corporations need friends in the police, army etc they don't get the size and power they are now by playing nicely by the rules! Having police in high places is very desirable.

Getting more publicity at that point did not make sense because that would result in every media channel giving the background of the name change and thereby repeating her unfortunate words. Even a quarter serious observer can undrstand that wink.png

Well i am sure changing her name in a whirlwind of press would have all the would be Singha beer boycotters completely and utterly flumoxed.

The whirlwind of press was around the fact that the family, and thereby the brewery and beer brand, distanced themselves from her view of rural Thais.

So do you think that the would-be rural Singha boycotter would be angry or happy the family did that? My bet would be happy, and therefore the family met their goal to limit the negative publicity. Of course it did not mean they saw the family as supporters for their cayse all of a sudden, but at least it lowered tension a bit.

So please stop digging the hole you are already in even deeper and just leave it at this.

The whirlwind of press was around the fact that the family, and thereby the brewery and beer brand, distanced themselves from her view of rural Thais.

So do you think that the would-be rural Singha boycotter would be angry or happy the family did that? My bet would be happy, and therefore the family met their goal to limit the negative publicity. Of course it did not mean they saw the family as supporters for their cayse all of a sudden, but at least it lowered tension a bit.

So please stop digging the hole you are already in even deeper and just leave it at this.

You cannot ask a question then tell me to leave it!

Maybe i am over estimating some Thai's capacity to think, but i doubt many who would bother to boycott would suddenly be fooled into averting their boycott by some cynical name changing.

Personally i doubt even if they had not changed her name Singha sales would of been affected much, most people are completely apathetic, and her views are hardly knew or unknown, they are views held by a vast amount of people and they are not exactly hidden. All Thai society have the habit of looking down at those below them, not just those at the top.

Apart from the absurdity of the whole event, it's kind of humorous to envisage what she actually would consider as unlucky..

No new Prada this week

Having to eat in the Mall

Only premium Economy Class on flight

Living in a uhhhh, condo

Being a rice farmer

Oh how about selling her body to a fat ugly farang night after night?

....Tant you know you want me

post-97442-0-15689300-1443154625_thumb.j

In her website, www.chitpas.com, she says she was called the "the angel of the great mass of people".

No, she doesn't. Her website says something like "This account has been suspended.

Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

To go forward in her application she now needs to get fingerprinted. Maybe something she doesnot want to happen. Maybe afraid her prints are on weapons or things that could get her in trouble with the police.

And maybe not ! Didn't your parents teach you that if you can't say anything nice about someone it is best not to say anything.

Yes my parents taught me that but now I am of age I do as I please.and maybe I am right.

She is gaming the system pretty good. This was only a publicity stunt. There seems to be a plan among the PADites, multicoloureds, whoever, to beat the drum of political strife.

After all, if the country is hopelessly divided and on the brink of chaos, there is only one great man who can continue to lead it.

"The police bureau should be able to make a decision on her ineligibility soon" What? Firstly she had withdrawn, Secondly if she hadn't she was ineligible for not providing fingerprints. What's there to make a decision on? Did I miss something?

"The police bureau should be able to make a decision on her ineligibility soon" What? Firstly she had withdrawn, Secondly if she hadn't she was ineligible for not providing fingerprints. What's there to make a decision on? Did I miss something?

She has a Thailand Top Trump card to play - the ML in front of her mothers name.

Other than being from an elitist family whose business is protected, she has not seemed to have done all that much worthy of press coverage.

Quote "However, I express my deepest sorrow for not being fortunate enough to work in the police bureau and being allowed to wear a police uniform as a protector of public peace," she said. unquote. It is really obvious that she is trying to become a stage actress tears and all. When I read the part "protector of public peace" I wept uncontrollably. Too much money will do this to you you have to be the star attraction all the time. We the walking poor only get 15 minutes of fame or less. Forget about any charges against her.

"not being fortunate enough to work in the police bureau and being allowed to wear a police uniform"

Omg. Seems no one has mentioned or questioned "What are her qualifications for that job? Degree in criminal justice or something like that?"

Dude. This is Thailand. What qualifications are required besides knowing how to hold out your hand and demand money or ensuring that your bum can handle the hours upon hours of sitting on it.

The New York Times did a piece on it when it happened. Worth a read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/11/world/asia/thai-beer-loses-esteem-after-heiresss-remarks.html?_r=0

She is gaming the system pretty good. This was only a publicity stunt. There seems to be a plan among the PADites, multicoloureds, whoever, to beat the drum of political strife.

After all, if the country is hopelessly divided and on the brink of chaos, there is only one great man who can continue to lead it.

That would be Colonel Kurtz right?

With her Oxford accent and elite connections and background, I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people.

"I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people."

That's because the average Thai doesn't speak English.Perhaps she drops the whiny "Oxford accent"? when she speaks Thai?

post-9891-0-21212400-1443168733_thumb.jp

Chitpas Kridakorn Na Ayuttaya nee Bhirombhakdi.

Child of the Bangkok wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her mother's side.

Educated in Bangkok and England.

post-9891-0-08645800-1443168743_thumb.jp

Yingluck Shinawatra.

Child of the Chiang Mai wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her grandmother's side (Princess Chantip Na Chiangmai)

Educated in Chiang Mai and United States.

No similarities whatsoever.

With her Oxford accent and elite connections and background, I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people.

"I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people."

That's because the average Thai doesn't speak English.Perhaps she drops the whiny "Oxford accent"? when she speaks Thai?

attachicon.gifchit.jpg

Chitpas Kridakorn Na Ayuttaya nee Bhirombhakdi.

Child of the Bangkok wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her mother's side.

Educated in Bangkok and England.

attachicon.gifying.jpg

Yingluck Shinawatra.

Child of the Chiang Mai wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her grandmother's side (Princess Chantip Na Chiangmai)

Educated in Chiang Mai and United States.

No similarities whatsoever.

Those high ranking connections are several orders of magnitude different.

the real question should be why would an heiress want to be a cop anyway? Do cops make so much money from corruption that it pays better than being an heiress?

All these big corporations need friends in the police, army etc they don't get the size and power they are now by playing nicely by the rules! Having police in high places is very desirable.

Not this time.