Singha heiress finally gives in, withdraws her police application

webfact

With her Oxford accent and elite connections and background, I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people.

"I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people."

That's because the average Thai doesn't speak English.Perhaps she drops the whiny "Oxford accent"? when she speaks Thai?

attachicon.gifchit.jpg

Chitpas Kridakorn Na Ayuttaya nee Bhirombhakdi.

Child of the Bangkok wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her mother's side.

Educated in Bangkok and England.

attachicon.gifying.jpg

Yingluck Shinawatra.

Child of the Chiang Mai wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her grandmother's side (Princess Chantip Na Chiangmai)

Educated in Chiang Mai and United States.

No similarities whatsoever.

Except that they are both kinda hot and are not pigs.

Yingluck is a month younger than me = she's hot.

-------------------

I saw some pathetic schmuck in a brand new Toyota Tundra in Georgia today.

I was admiring his truck (and him a bit for having it) when his wife got out.

I was wishing I had my welder's helmet to protect my eyes.

I appreciate slender women.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With her Oxford accent and elite connections and background, I fail to see how she really relates to average Thai people.

That's because the average Thai doesn't speak English.Perhaps she drops the whiny "Oxford accent"? when she speaks Thai?

attachicon.gifchit.jpg

Child of the Bangkok wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her mother's side.

attachicon.gifying.jpg

Yingluck Shinawatra.

Child of the Chiang Mai wealthy elite with high ranking connections on her grandmother's side (Princess Chantip Na Chiangmai)

Those high ranking connections are several orders of magnitude different.

Now you are splitting heirs (or heiresses).wink.png

Neither of these ladies are risen from the proletariat as say did Margaret Thatcher (grocer's daughter) or John Major (son of a music hall entertainer).

Any differences in their backgrounds is always beyond further discussion in public due to Thai and forum rules.,

Both would feel out of place seated on a mat under a tree eating som-tam and sticky rice with farmers and their wives, enjoying a cold Leo or Chang..

drunk.gif

attachicon.gifchit.jpg

attachicon.gifying.jpg

Yingluck Shinawatra.

Those high ranking connections are several orders of magnitude different.

Now you are splitting heirs (or heiresses).wink.png

Neither of these ladies are risen from the proletariat as say did Margaret Thatcher (grocer's daughter) or John Major (son of a music hall entertainer).

Any differences in their backgrounds is always beyond further discussion in public due to Thai and forum rules.,

Both would feel out of place seated on a mat under a tree eating som-tam and sticky rice with farmers and their wives, enjoying a cold Leo or Chang..

drunk.gif

As you say, there are limits to how far this discussion can go, however, in Thailand it is very much a case of who you know rather than what you know and the connections that Chitipas can avail herself of are current as opposed to Yingluck who can hardly call on her dead Grandmother to help her out.

Funny to read the reference to the name change: it almost looks like she secrificed her last name out of free will to protect the family interest.

In my mind the story was a bit different when people saw who she really was and her parents "forced" her to change her last name.

Her family have long been wrapped up in politics, and no doubt support her PDRC anti democratic activities whole heartedly and financially. The name change was probably to gain publicity for the movement more than anything, as any half serious observer of Thai politics would know how the Singha family has always leaned.

Your getting the same habit as a couple of other posters. Always have to qualify your post by suggesting any who don't agree can't possible be knowledgeable. It doesn't matter whether you post content is right, wrong or a bit of both - it smacks of either a very patronizing superior attitude or insecurity that requires constant self assurance.

I have no doubt the wealthy elite business families support whoever they think will help keep them at the top and enrich them even more. But, I think the decision by the family to try to distance themselves and the name change was pure business. They couldn't give a toss about the PDRC or any other faction apart from what that faction will do for them.

This was about protecting their brand, sales and profits.

"not being fortunate enough to work in the police bureau and being allowed to wear a police uniform"

Omg. Seems no one has mentioned or questioned "What are her qualifications for that job? Degree in criminal justice or something like that?"

Dude. This is Thailand. What qualifications are required besides knowing how to hold out your hand and demand money or ensuring that your bum can handle the hours upon hours of sitting on it.

Very true Idiablo. You missed the bit about having the right relations. That's the real key one.

Have the right brother and you can become prime minister and defense minister, at the same time, do neither job but travel extensively on expenses, and all with zero previous experience and no qualifications.

Now, many senior police officers or former officers in the RTP became PhD's in criminology e.g. Thaksin, Chalem. Just shows the high caliber of personnel.

Funny to read the reference to the name change: it almost looks like she secrificed her last name out of free will to protect the family interest.

In my mind the story was a bit different when people saw who she really was and her parents "forced" her to change her last name.

Her family have long been wrapped up in politics, and no doubt support her PDRC anti democratic activities whole heartedly and financially. The name change was probably to gain publicity for the movement more than anything, as any half serious observer of Thai politics would know how the Singha family has always leaned.

Your getting the same habit as a couple of other posters. Always have to qualify your post by suggesting any who don't agree can't possible be knowledgeable. It doesn't matter whether you post content is right, wrong or a bit of both - it smacks of either a very patronizing superior attitude or insecurity that requires constant self assurance.

I have no doubt the wealthy elite business families support whoever they think will help keep them at the top and enrich them even more. But, I think the decision by the family to try to distance themselves and the name change was pure business. They couldn't give a toss about the PDRC or any other faction apart from what that faction will do for them.

This was about protecting their brand, sales and profits.

Well if they could not give a toss about the PDRC why do they always become involved in political issues, surely staying out of it would be far better for their business and family name if they don't care.

Seems rather...entitled. Perhaps a start at the bottom - washing the empties at daddy's brewery, say - might sweep away some of her pretensions.

You sound a bit bitter.....did your mummy take your dummy away too early?

I think that goes for most posters, at least in this thread. Edited by pmugghc

Is this really news?

A spoiled brat that was mouthing off against the majority of the Thai people and the police during Suthep's whistling concert is now being denied a free ticket in to the force.

Put her on a rice field in Isaan so she starts to learn about life.

Thailand do not need this kind of people making headlines

• 2 weeks later...

a protector of public peace," what country was she trying to join the police force cant have been Thailand as their motto is one for all for one and all for one and holding your hand out for the cash from the public to steal and use for buying whisky for the night out, has she not enough money without joining an organisation renound for stealing money from the Thai citizens

I know she passed the physical examination ...but if they happen to need a second opinion.

There is a queue my dear chap.

Eh you chancers , dont waste your time , the lady has won lottery , and met a good farlang .

He , can take care of her . so , 2 dots and a dash ,

the lady is mine.

Edited by elliss