Manhunt underway for Phatum Thani bank robber

webfact

Manhunt underway for Phatum Thani bank robber

mh.jpg
Image source: Khaosod.co.th

PATUM THANI: -- A manhunt is underway for a suspect wanted for an armed robbery at a branch of Krungthai Bank in Patum Thani on Thursday.

Staff at the Wat Dhammakaya branch of Krungthai Bank, which is located opposite the police station in Klongluang, told police the man entered the branch on Thursday evening just before the bank was due to close.

The man was wearing a motorbike crash helmet, gloves and short sleeved t-shirt, reports Khaosod.

Upon entering the bank the man made his way over to one of the bank tellers where he then pulled out a pistol and demanded cash.

The robber managed to get away with more than 140,000 THB in cash and fled the scene on a blue Honda Zoomer X motorcycle, which had its license plate removed.

Police have said they are still trying to trace the wanted man and will study nearby CCTV footage as part of their investigations.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-25

"Staff at the Wat Dhammakaya branch of Krungthai Bank, which is located opposite the police station in Klongluang, told police the man entered the branch on Thursday evening just before the bank was due to close."

So sorry to be the one that brings this up, but where were the cops pray tell?

hahahahaha, he robbed a bank opposite a police station and the police were no where to be seen, really sums up the thai police. They simply refuse to go outside their airconditioned offices, then again, maybe the robber asked them nicely to remain indoors while he did it.

The bank robbers seem to have figured out that bank branches near to police station are ripe for picking over the last few months. either they know the scedule of police personel, like where they nap, drink their lunch, get a nooner, etc

Here in CM i see little daytime presense, maybe they know when fuel allowences are avaliaqble to police or maybe the are working as a gang who call for police assistance in an area away from target bank. Maybe others see the presence of police around the intercity area where gold shops, banks etc are well represented.but i certainly have not.

i am quite surprised it is not happening more often...I am alsways amazed by the amount of cash just behind the counter, no double security doors....

I could not agree more. Seems like a piece of piss to rob a bank here in Thailand. It's not like the police are going to give chase, everything blends together here, and on a motor bike how hard is it to get lost fast?

The most the cops are going to do - indeed - the only thing the cops are going to do is check the CCTV.

Where are all the police hiding ? I have lived in Silom for 11 years and have never seen police patrolling sidewalks. I see so many vehicle violations every day but no police to stop them. It seems that the only real law enforcement is where the Army is standing right behind the police...pushing them into action.

No respect for law and no enforcement (:

i am quite surprised it is not happening more often...I am alsways amazed by the amount of cash just behind the counter, no double security doors....

I could not agree more. Seems like a piece of piss to rob a bank here in Thailand. It's not like the police are going to give chase, everything blends together here, and on a motor bike how hard is it to get lost fast?

The most the cops are going to do - indeed - the only thing the cops are going to do is check the CCTV.

This guy was just lucky and it was only 140k. I'm sure if it was 14M there would be some chasing and not only by the BiB, but also by some 'civilians'.

Don't get any stupid ideas in your heads, lol

"Staff at the Wat Dhammakaya branch of Krungthai Bank, which is located opposite the police station in Klongluang, told police the man entered the branch on Thursday evening just before the bank was due to close."

The cops were in Copville, copping away with other cops.

Honestly you have to wonder what cop training is like around here. In Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Chiangmai, I believe that basically they're told this :

OK, guys, your job will involve :

- Wearing a uniform so tight it will allow everyone to see 1/ how overfed you are and 2/ other things

- Sitting in the police station looking important and bringing coffee to the boss

- Setting up roadblocks where you get to hassle Thais and farangs (the latter being generally more juicy if ya know what I mean) who have done something wrong. Or not.

- Moving files around the police station looking important

- Berate sheepish farangs who come to the station to pay the fine after they got caught by team #1 (see point 3)

- Listening to interminable complaints by farangs who were scammed one way or another and conclude with : sorry we can't do anything about it.

Edited by Yann55

Where are all the police hiding ? I have lived in Silom for 11 years and have never seen police patrolling sidewalks. I see so many vehicle violations every day but no police to stop them. It seems that the only real law enforcement is where the Army is standing right behind the police...pushing them into action.

You have lived in Silom for 11 years. Then you know how hot it is here. wink.png You don't seriously expect these poor guys to be seen wandering the streets all in a sweat? That just won't do.

Thai cops are a bit like African wild dogs. They travel in packs and waylay the unwary and unsuspecting. Maybe these Pathum Thani Police had trouble crossing the busy Klong Luang road to get over to the bank.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, he only got B140,000, not exactly a jackpot.

Busy collecting bribes, what else are RTP doing during work hours?

Where do you think they should have been, pray tell, in the bank? Perhaps they were in the police station but wherever they where their job is not to provide private security for banks.

Odd then, isn't it, how most of those responsible for bank robberies seem to be caught fairly quickly?

Edited by Sviss Geez

We have laws to protect the people but when they are over enforced like in the west, you lose your freedom!

The only difference is the money is going to the money hungry government in the west while in Thailand it goes into a cops pocket without a court case! Either way, the criminal has to pay!

hahahahaha, he robbed a bank opposite a police station and the police were no where to be seen, really sums up the thai police. They simply refuse to go outside their airconditioned offices, then again, maybe the robber asked them nicely to remain indoors while he did it.

Maybe he was a Po fleeceman himself !