Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

oldsailor35

Price will depend on where it is done.

Best hand surgeon in Thailand IMO is Dr. Panupan at Phyathai 2 and Phyathai 3 Hospitals. http://www.phyathai.com/doctor_search.aspx?LangID=en&Name=Panupan&HospitalCode=0&SpecialtyID=15

I had mine done by him there, but as it was covered by insurance I don't know the cost. However Phyathai is at the mid to lower end cost wise of private hospitals. Just guessing I would day something in the vicinity of 20K baht. It is an outpatient surgery.

I have had independant diagnoses both in Australia and Thailand. Could have had it done free in oz, but waiting would have cost me my flight.

Recently saw a doctor in Naton KS. He says that he does the surgery for Bht 10,000 ( Bumrungrad Bht 30,000) However this doctor suggests i first try Cortizone injection as he has had good success with it. Cost Bht 1,000

I have had independant diagnoses both in Australia and Thailand. Could have had it done free in oz, but waiting would have cost me my flight.

Recently saw a doctor in Naton KS. He says that he does the surgery for Bht 10,000 ( Bumrungrad Bht 30,000) However this doctor suggests i first try Cortizone injection as he has had good success with it. Cost Bht 1,000

1. I would definitely advise against doing this in KS. It is well worth a trip to Bangkok to have someone specializing in hand surgery do it. You can email Phyathai at [email protected] for an estimate of what they would charge. 20K is my guess but it could be less.

2. Cortisone injections almost always do bring relief but only temporarily and there is a limit to how many times you can have the injection without damage to the arm/hand (relieves inflammation but weakens muscles and contributes to bone loss). Unless there is a clear cause that your are able to correct, odds are you will still end up needing the surgery.If you expect to be back in Os in a few months then not a bad idea to get the injection here and the surgery back there. The injection I think OK to get in KS as long as the doctor is experienced. Not as delicate and dicey as the surgery,

Could be around 15k-20k baht. Depends of course on the facility. If it's not too severe, your doctor may suggest an alternative, like an exercise or therapy that would surely help. Otherwise, perhaps try getting a second opinion from another doctor or some other options other than a surgery.