Honda Big Wing service cost money?

JesseLeeOver

I just need to call them. I bought the bike in Korat, but will have the service done in Bangkok. They want to charge me here in Bangkok, but maybe that's because I did not buy the bike from the Bangkok branch. I just need to look into it further--just lazy.facepalm.gif

I'll follow up on the thread once I know what scoop is.

Edited by JesseLeeOver

I just need to call them. I bought the bike in Korat, but will have the service done in Bangkok. They want to charge me here in Bangkok, but maybe that's because I did not buy the bike from the Bangkok branch. I just need to look into it further--just lazy.facepalm.gif

I'll follow up on the thread once I know what scoop is.

I had an inkling this maybe the case. You have to treat all dealerships as independent.

Think yourself lucky you didn't buy a Ducati and want the valve clearances adjusted!

Because massages and motorcycles are so much a like, right? Sheesh, 2yrs free service homeboy. It's called a "gimmick", an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal or feature of something as to entice a plan or deal. It's pretty much used across the board by dealerships when one can afford to buy new rather than used. Sounds like the ladies you been using for massage ain't got not gimmicks are all used up, good buddy.

Edited by seedy
font

Valve clearance is a biggish job, they gotta get all that plastic off first, then tip up the fuel tank get the air filter box off etc etc so this will be 24k kilometres I think, listed on their site as about 5k baht if I remember correctly ( personally Id mark the screws to be sure they really did check) and ask for any old shims back

Heres the price list.

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigbike/after-sales-services.aspx#chart

personally I do it myself, you can get a Honda manual quite cheap direct from America

Edited by kannot

Valve clearance is done at 24,000 on CB500. You are charged for labour and parts. The job takes around 2 hours over a normal service. You need to phone up and book a longer slot at Big Wing Honda.

Except he has a 650F and it has twice as many valves and cylinders, in Hondas own service manual it states 24k to check and BIG WING really should know this to be "routine".

Last time I was there i took my service manual in to show them a part i wanted and they all gathered round it like they had never seen one before??? made me wonder.

• 1 month later...

Just an update. I went back to the Honda Big Wing here in Korat, where I bought the bike. The valve check was about 4500 baht, 1000 baht less than the Honda Big Wing wanted to charge me. Yes, they had to take the plastics off and pull the motor. It was due for spark p,ugh as well. I was getting a little lull in slow acceleration before I took it in. The 'problem' has been remedied. Not sure if that was due to worn plus or slight valve clearance adjustment. Anyway, service is not free and bike is running like a champ.

It should be free at whichever Big Wing you take it. If they are trying to charge then it's probably a lame attempt to earn some labor money as the sales revenue did not go through that particular franchise.

You will not pay for the service but you will pay for the parts IE first service you pay for the new oil but not labor.

All the best,