My Retirement Visa

I've just read there website. They require 15 business days to process the visa.

I can't give up my passport for that long for two reasons. I'm not sure I'll be in the states 15 days and I'll have to give my passport up at some point while I'm there because the whole purpose of the trip is to get a visa for another country.

I'm wishing now I had Chosen a multiple when I got the O in Laos.

Contact the honorary consulate in Portland, Oregon. They have been reported as accepting mail in applications. Contact info can be found here: http://thaiembdc.org/royal-thai-honorary-consulates-general-in-the-u-s/

I'm beginning to think the best way forward would be to wait until I return and do the Savanaket trip again. I have a concern with doing that as well. I didn't mention this earlier but when I gave them my documents to apply for my non O the person at the window told my wife that they would accept our marriage license this time but that next time we will have to have the affidavit from my Embassy because they were going to begin to do it the same way everyone else does it.

I'm beginning to think the best way forward would be to wait until I return and do the Savanaket trip again. I have a concern with doing that as well. I didn't mention this earlier but when I gave them my documents to apply for my non O the person at the window told my wife that they would accept our marriage license this time but that next time we will have to have the affidavit from my Embassy because they were going to begin to do it the same way everyone else does it.

Where did you get married?

I don't understand what the affidavit would of been for.

You best option would be to make every effort possible to get back before August 30th. Even if you did not have enough time to apply for the one year extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year one.

You best option would be to make every effort possible to get back before August 30th. Even if you did not have enough time to apply for the one year extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year one.

And another good reason for getting back by 30th August is that, were you to return after that date with the aim of being stamped in for 30 days upon arrival at BKK, you run the risk of being denied boarding your flight from the USA unless you can provide the check-in assistant with evidence of a confirmed flight booking out of Thailand within these 30 days.

Perhaps I called it the wrong thing. He was referring to confirming that my USA issued marriage certificate would need to be authenticated. I thought the process was to get an affidavit at my Embassy and a translation of my marriage certificate and then bring it to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval so it can be recognized as an authentic document.

I'm unsure about most of the dates but I'm pretty darn sure I will absolutely be returning after August 30..... so the 60 day extension is out unless I can apply for it before July 15 which is when I am expecting to leave Thailand for the USA?

And another good reason for getting back by 30th August is that, were you to return after that date with the aim of being stamped in for 30 days upon arrival at BKK, you run the risk of being denied boarding your flight from the USA unless you can provide the check-in assistant with evidence of a confirmed flight booking out of Thailand within these 30 days.

Excellent point!

In fact when departing Jeddah Emirates didn't want to allow myself and family to board when I had only supplied our USA passports. When I pulled out my wife and children's Thai passports it became a non issue.

Perhaps I called it the wrong thing. He was referring to confirming that my USA issued marriage certificate would need to be authenticated. I thought the process was to get an affidavit at my Embassy and a translation of my marriage certificate and then bring it to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval so it can be recognized as an authentic document.

I'm unsure about most of the dates but I'm pretty darn sure I will absolutely be returning after August 30..... so the 60 day extension is out unless I can apply for it before July 15 which is when I am expecting to leave Thailand for the USA?

Your marriage certificate should always be accepted at any embassy or consulate. The only requirement is that it be in English or Thai.

What you mentioned is what is needed to register your marriage at at an Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 that immigration will require when your apply for an extension.

Your marriage certificate should always be accepted at any embassy or consulate. The only requirement is that it be in English or Thai.

What you mentioned is what is needed to register your marriage at at an Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22 that immigration will require when your apply for an extension.

Now that you've explain the different procedures for inside Thailand or outside of Thailand I understand. But I was there when the guy called my wife over to the window and said something to her about next time the marriage certificate won't be accepted. Just hope he was wrong because its starting to look like I'm going to have to go back there IF I can get boarded on the flight back. Edited by Mike45

• 3 weeks later...

Good news I just got the word I don't have to fly out of Thailand as expected just yet. I might just make it here until August 1 and be able to apply as expected here at Ubon immigration.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to convert my non O to either a marriage or retirement visa.

My passport is stamped admitted until August 30.

I was planning on beginning the process July 30 but now realize i must return to the USA (buying a reentry at the airport) approximately July 16 and will be there for an undetermined period of time I suspect 2-6 weeks.

Can I do the conversion now?

Advice on how to proceed would be appreciated . Thanks

You will be applying for an extension of stay not doing a conversion to a visa of any kind.

It is to early to apply for the extension now. The earliest you can apply is 30 days or 45 at some offices.

The re-entry permit will keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you return from your trip.

If you are not able to return prior to August 30th your best option would be to get a new non-o visa while you are in the states.

I never had to leave the Kingdom. I'm planning on going to immigration on Monday to get my extension based on retirement. I've made arrangements with Bangkok Bank to get my letter on Sunday for the 800,000 that has been sitting in my individual account for almost a year. I'm planning on bringing my bank book, bank letter, yellow book, passport and my wife with me on Monday.

I dont know where the office is. Does anyone have GPS coordinates/

What other things will I need to bring for me to be successful on the first attempt? Photo copies, Baht, etc.

Thanks for the help

I need to convert my non O to either a marriage or retirement visa.

My passport is stamped admitted until August 30.

I was planning on beginning the process July 30 but now realize i must return to the USA (buying a reentry at the airport) approximately July 16 and will be there for an undetermined period of time I suspect 2-6 weeks.

Can I do the conversion now?

Advice on how to proceed would be appreciated . Thanks

You will be applying for an extension of stay not doing a conversion to a visa of any kind.

It is to early to apply for the extension now. The earliest you can apply is 30 days or 45 at some offices.

The re-entry permit will keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you return from your trip.

If you are not able to return prior to August 30th your best option would be to get a new non-o visa while you are in the states.

I never had to leave the Kingdom. I'm planning on going to immigration on Monday to get my extension based on retirement. I've made arrangements with Bangkok Bank to get my letter on Sunday for the 800,000 that has been sitting in my individual account for almost a year. I'm planning on bringing my bank book, bank letter, yellow book, passport and my wife with me on Monday.

I dont know where the office is. Does anyone have GPS coordinates/

What other things will I need to bring for me to be successful on the first attempt? Photo copies, Baht, etc.

Thanks for the help

Copies of passport photo page and every page that has anything for Thailand on it. Copies of your bank book pages, yellow book, TM6 departure card. Copies of your wife's house book and ID card in case they want it.

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download and print 2 sided. MS word document format. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc PDF http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf TM30 form completed by your wife: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

The fee for the extension is 1900 baht.

Map is here along with GPS info: Address and Google Map location of immigration offices

On 7/29/2016 at 5:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

Copies of passport photo page and every page that has anything for Thailand on it. Copies of your bank book pages, yellow book, TM6 departure card. Copies of your wife's house book and ID card in case they want it.

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download and print 2 sided. MS word document format. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc PDF http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf TM30 form completed by your wife: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

Map is here along with GPS info: Address and Google Map location of immigration offices

I successfully obtained my Extension based on  Retirement on Monday. I also received a reentry permit. I was in and out in two hours. 

Thanks very much UbonJoe.

For some reason my GPS ended up trying to take me past the building but we saw the sign.

It wasn't a bad ride but one I would like to avoid if possible for my 90 report. Can I do it by mail, online for my first report? How?

Thanks 

44 minutes ago, Mike45 said:

I successfully obtained my Extension based on  Retirement on Monday. I also received a reentry permit. I was in and out in two hours. 

For some reason my GPS ended up trying to take me past the building but we saw the sign.

It wasn't a bad ride but one I would like to avoid if possible for my 90 report. Can I do it by mail, online for my first report? How?

Thanks 

You can do it online or by mail.
The address for Sirindhorn shown on the map is the correct address for doing the reports by mail. I do mine by mail now since they moved the office last year.
Link for online reporting: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do Read the last few pages of the pinned topics about online reporting for info.

On 7/29/2016 at 5:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

Thanks 

I see it now.

Ubon Rachaithani Immigration
189 Moo 10 Tambon Nikhom Sang Ton-eng Lam Dom Noi
Amphoe Sirindhorn, Ubon Ratchaithni 34350

ตม.จว. อุบลราชธานี
189 ม.10 ต.นิดมสร้างตนเองลำ โดมน้อย
อ.สิรินธร จ.อุบล 34350 

How soon before your report date do you send it in?

Also since I've never done it before what do I send in?

8 hours ago, Mike45 said:

I

I see it now.

Ubon Rachaithani Immigration
189 Moo 10 Tambon Nikhom Sang Ton-eng Lam Dom Noi
Amphoe Sirindhorn, Ubon Ratchaithni 34350

ตม.จว. อุบลราชธานี
189 ม.10 ต.นิดมสร้างตนเองลำ โดมน้อย
อ.สิรินธร จ.อุบล 34350 

How soon before your report date do you send it in?

Also since I've never done it before what do I send in?

That is the correct address.

I send them by EMS so they arrive at the office 7 days before my report date. The will accept them latter though.

You will to send a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension and TM6 departure card. And a self addressed return envelope with postage on it (I put 40 baht so it comes back by EMS). For future reports you will need to include your 90 day report receipt also (make a copy and keep it),

• 3 months later...