Bangkok blast: Thailand's police say they consider case solved, receive cash awards again

Lite Beer

The cops are taking the p!ss big-time with this charade. Probably because they know that in this bombing case, evidence is being manufactured purely to incriminate anyone that is putting the Army (and their charges) under political pressure on the domestic or international stage.

Edited by huangnon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least chief Wiggum has comic relief in spades. Somyot has nothing, not even shame. How is the case solved exactly. This case has more chance of kicking off reforms if it proves to be a set up. I honestly can't see these confessions sticking if a semi decent defence team gets its teeth into the RTP's handy work.

Even by the gutter standards that have been a hallmark of his tenure, this is a breathtakingly low low. Shame on everybody involved in this charade.

I wonder what would happen if the courts find these guys not guilty.

Do the police return the money?

At least chief Wiggum has comic relief in spades. Somyot has nothing, not even shame. How is the case solved exactly. This case has more chance of kicking off reforms if it proves to be a set up. I honestly can't see these confessions sticking if a semi decent defence team gets its teeth into the RTP's handy work.

Even by the gutter standards that have been a hallmark of his tenure, this is a breathtakingly low low. Shame on everybody involved in this charade.

Since they will almost certainly be tried by the military that will never happen.

Hehe...........funny post. I always think there is some room for humour on here. gigglem.gif

Hehe...........funny post. I always think there is some room for humour on here. gigglem.gif

wai2.gif

The cops are taking the p!ss big-time with this charade. Probably because they know that in this bombing case, evidence is being manufactured purely to incriminate anyone that is putting the Army (and their charges) under political pressure on the domestic or international stage.

So you doubt that any of those suspects were involved in any way in the bombing?

I for one dont care if any of them had even a miniscule role, they are all complicit in the plot..i hope they all go.

no reason to be messing around with those kinds of people OR those kinds of materials.

And if any of their ilk are dealt harsh justice, let it be a lesson to others.

Edited by bamukloy

That's a lot of "mights" for a solved case. But this is Thailand and the RTP so well done again guys and enjoy your 2nd bonus. That'll be more sanook in the massage parlours and new designer handbags for the mia nois which of course is all that matters in LOS.

One thinks that the reward should be paid following a successful conviction.

This pantomime is making Thailand look like a complete joke. And a dirty one at that.

Interesting to know the bogeyman is still a suspect : I sense we are being fed the Uighurs line to keep both sides of the political divide quiet.

Yes they are a complete joke, i read the article in the Dutch press did not look good. But its crazy that they get money to do their job and there is not even a conviction.

Actually the police force is paid to do their job. There is no reason why they would receive a reward - extra money - for just doing their job.

I am sorry for my stupidity but dont the police get paid to stop crime and apprehend criminals? Obviously not. Rewards are usually paid to civilians who help the police with information that leads to a successful prosecution, not to the police themselves.

Edited by gandalf12

This is becoming very lucrative for the police!

So far, two cash awards for this incident!

I wonder if they will give themselves another cash award if those they have selected to arrest are actually convicted too?

Maybe another if and when they are sentenced?gigglem.gif

A reward will be given for the arrest AND CONVICTION !!!!!!!!!!!!! How many have been convicted ????????

The eyes of the world are looking at this case. Tourists have been killed and all the RTP are interested in is the reward many. I presume they will give the money back when no one is convicted because of the shoddy police work.

​​

Same same as the army of reporters and general public who accompanied the nice policeman in Koh Tao.

This pantomime is making Thailand look like a complete joke. And a dirty one at that.

Interesting to know the bogeyman is still a suspect : I sense we are being fed the Uighurs line to keep both sides of the political divide quiet.

Yes they are a complete joke, i read the article in the Dutch press did not look good. But its crazy that they get money to do their job and there is not even a conviction.

Didn't take these two blatant embarrassments to 'make Thailand look like a complete joke'. BIB have excelled at that for...like...ever. This just proves they are beyond reproach and willing to extort money from wherever it may come...not just bars and nightlife venues.post-4641-1156693976.gif

I've see his smile on some kids with Down syndrome. He thinks he is fooling everyone by his statements the case is solved and with no accountability in this regime he knows there is zero blowback. Impact on Thailands reputation with the west? Mai pen rai. Domestic perception of incompetence at the top of the RTP? Mai pen rai.

This kind of "police work" sort of mirrors the "everybody gets a trophy" educational system they have here.

Wonder how much of that cash is "look the other way for drug dealers and human traffickers" money?

Edited by fusion58

My guess is that the "conviction" is now guaranteed. Maybe the police will let this patsy escape so that they can re-arrest him and claim another reward. Nothing is surprising anymore.

No need to worry. The courts are in on the joke too.

Say what you will, but the way the police force is here also results in keeping 'life' here they way IMO most folks on this board 'like it.' And much like the west.... once you get to a certain level here, there is very very little police involvement in the lives of folks.

The look on his face in the photo on the first page just says it all, how could they wait another day without grabbing the loot.

They must have been squirming at the thought of that filthy lucre just sitting there waiting to be divied up.

I'd laugh, however I remember what this is all about it is about the murder of 20 people and the injuring of many, do the cops care about these people, many being Thai.

I recall at the beginning talk of Thai hearts not capable of committing such evil.

Well, I can understand the fact that a big amount of cash award would be given in the case of a horrible incident like this; but didn't the whole 'solving' (!) of this case start with the capture of that Adem Karadag (or whatever his real name is) guy in a seedy flat ? And, wasn't it the landlord (or a neighbor ?) who told the police about this guy being suspicious ? So, did this person get ANY part of the cash at all ?

And, there seem to be still so many question marks and doubts about this case. And, I have a bad feeling that several people possibly involved in this attack will possibly never get caught.

Aren't rewards for citizens? Military or cops aren't supposed to get rewards, are they? Is Thailand at the vanguard of a new trend?

No new trend!

It's just that things done differently around here.

Part of a cultural thing that farang don't understand, and the locals 'lovingly' call Thainess!