New Islamic State plot identified every fortnight, report says

Jonathan Fairfield

New Islamic State plot identified every fortnight, report says

An alleged terror plot linked to Islamic State is identified in the West every fortnight, a report suggests.

Between July last year and August this year, 32 suspected plans were detected in 10 countries, an average of more than two a month, according to research by think-tank the Henry Jackson Society.

They involved 58 individuals of 14 nationalities, with 13 attacks taking place, the study said.

Researchers said that in three-quarters of cases there was no proof of contact with IS fighters or leaders, but added that the group's ideology or propaganda was "integral" to inspiring the schemes.

On five occasions IS militants were said to have encouraged individuals to carry out attacks in their home countries without providing "operational guidance".

Only one plot was directed by the terrorist group, also known as Isil, the report said.

So you don't like the source. Does that mean we are to believe there are no ISIS plots in Europe?

Incidentally the Cordoba foundation you linked to in order to throw mud at the Henry Jackson society has links to the Muslim brotherhood and is designated a terrorist group by the United Arab Emirates. Though I suspect you were not counting on anyone checking the credentials of your links in the way you did with the link in the O.P.

So you don't like the source. Does that mean we are to believe there are no ISIS plots in Europe?

Incidentally the Cordoba foundation you linked to in order to throw mud at the Henry Jackson society has links to the Muslim brotherhood and is designated a terrorist group by the United Arab Emirates. Though I suspect you were not counting on anyone checking the credentials of your links in the way you did with the link in the O.P.

I'm sure there will be Daesh inspired attacks in Europe & elsewhere. However, I do not take as fact non governmental organisations, affiliated to neocon ideology, media releases without verification.

For the meantime, if indeed it is factual, from the OP...

Only one plot was directed by the terrorist group, also known as Isil, the report said.