Dirt bike trails on Koh Chang

zyphodb

Hi people,

I'm riding my Dirt Bike down from Isaan for a 10 day break on Koh Chang & am wondering if anyone can recommend some trails up into the central Jungle/mountain for me to explore?

And is there by any chance any kind of map with trails marked that I could pick up on the island?

Thanks in advance

Thanks craig, I know this, but I also know that there aren't any tarmacked roads going up into the middle so surely there will be some dirt tracks... & as I live here in somewhere very hot & dry most of the time I'm not bothered about the rain thanks...

Koh Chang is a heavily developed island. And very mountainous. I doubt you'll find much in the way of off road trails. A few, but not many. It's also rainy season. And KC is the wettest place in Thailand.

You make it sound like it's Phuket. It's not. It's a sleepy island where about 90% is covered by forest. I'm sure he'll find more than a few tracks over there.

Koh Chang is a heavily developed island. And very mountainous. I doubt you'll find much in the way of off road trails. A few, but not many. It's also rainy season. And KC is the wettest place in Thailand.

You make it sound like it's Phuket. It's not. It's a sleepy island where about 90% is covered by forest. I'm sure he'll find more than a few tracks over there.

I've spent a few months on both islands. Done the "hikes" on KC, been on the east side and where the road "disappears". I'm an ex dirt bike rider. I'd be bored very quickly there. And it's probably one of the most dangerous places to ride a bike. I believe Samui is also one. Lots of accidents.

Yeah, appreciated Craig, I've spent a month on KC myself 2 or 3 years ago but with the family, not on my own with a bike, I'm not set in stone on going to KC, but I am going to Trat area, & I definitely want to have a beach & some swimming/fishing, maybe I might take a look at some of those beaches on the mainland between Trat & the Cambodian border, I just wonder whether there's some cheap & cheerful places to stay & if they are actually safe, that close to the border...

Hi mate im also into dirt bikes motocross and enduro I lived on koh chang for 7 years and believe me there isnt one

off road lane , trail track or anything for you there , thats on of the reasons I moved

where abouts in issan are you im in ubon ??

Hi mate im also into dirt bikes motocross and enduro I lived on koh chang for 7 years and believe me there isnt one

off road lane , trail track or anything for you there , thats on of the reasons I moved

where abouts in issan are you im in ubon ??

Come on NIck! There's at least that one great hike up to the waterfall! LOL Just kidding....

As far as other options, we quite liked Chao Lao beach. The upper end seems to be better, but it's a great beach. And tons of places to cruise around and explore. Great bike lanes also. You can cruise around there for hours and have a great time.

Be careful on weekends. The place gets pretty full with vacationing Thais. We had to hunt a bit for a room on the beach. Eventually found a new place towards the northern end of the beach for some 800B. Rooms were just back from the beach a bit, but had ocean views.

Something to think about.

A link will be left here, but how about we move this over to the Bikes in Thailand forum. You seem to be exploring other options and maybe the folks over there can offer some more help? We can always move this back if necessary.

Topic Moved.

Archived