Benelli 25 TNT

GARYZX6R

Looks like the new Benelli 25 TNT will be hitting the showrooms very soon. Its a 250cc single cylinder pushing out 24 bhp. Uses some parts from the 300 and looks a tidy little bike. Not seen the price yet but should be less than its main rivals the Kawasaki Z250 and Honda CBR 300.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benelli-TNT-25-1.jpg

Looks great.

Let's hope they kept the weight down a bit more than the 302.

Honda really need to head hunt Benelli's design team. biggrin.png

150kg, so not too bad, but a big tank and a biggish frame, making it possibly okay for two....

I can never understand why the Japs do their own aesthetics, they are wrenched. Just think of how many cars the Japs would sell if they looked like Alfa Romeos.

I'm pretty sure the "Japs" already manage to sell quite a few cars, Allan laugh.png

Anyway as far as this bike goes, at least they've managed to keep the weight down this time. Hopefully they can price it a bit more realistically than the 300. If priced around 100,000 baht I'm sure some people would be interested.

It does look quite a good position for the passenger, instead of being up on top of the drivers shoulders. 100k baht would be good, 3/4 the weight, 3/4 the power = 3/4 the price...

I notice India do a whole range of small KTM's too, 200,250 and 300cc..they are cheap too, but the downside is they are small frames.......

The 250cc single cylinder market is completely saturated.

I'm including the 286cc chopstick forked CBR in this, of course.

But hey, no harm in having more.

Yes, I think the word "saturated" you use is very apt, they are all the same and all a bit "wet" and a yawn. That is what the South East Asians do to a market, the just copy, now with a few innovative Italians involved, just maybe this one has something different to offer.

Our cousins from the boot shaped land have a habit of making small engined machines exciting...if they get their own way.

I am not sure how far away it is from the Thai launch date.

What do you ride, anyway, Grumpy?

I just ask because I could have sworn you said you ride a CBR250 but now it seems you take every chance you get to badmouth Honda, the CBR300 in particular. Just curious.

What do you ride, anyway, Grumpy?

I just ask because I could have sworn you said you ride a CBR250 but now it seems you take every chance you get to badmouth Honda, the CBR300 in particular. Just curious.

Yeah, no mention of the forks on the Kwak 300 which are exactly the same size as those on the Honda.

I saw the 600 one, the engine was some stone age thing, looked all a bit weird. Like a steam engine in a Ducati frame. People reported it's a lousy drive. Quality wise like keeway. Go figure.

A Kawasaki does not set you back that much, neither does a Honda. Buy a real bike with some QC rather then Chinese offshots I say.

"Like a steam engine in a Ducati frame"....great idea, where can I get a Ducati frame?

We will have to see, but if the price is right it's main competitor may be the TNT300, with almost the same performance, but lighter and cheaper.

As far as I am concerned the key factor is whether it fits me/us, as most of these bikes are too cramped.

It is a problem unique to bikes, with a car you have seat adjusters for both height and leg length, so everyone fits, with a bike they are all made for shorter people.

It is a problem unique to bikes, with a car you have seat adjusters for both height and leg length, so everyone fits, with a bike they are all made for shorter people.

Seat customization, adjustable rear sets, aftermarket handlebars.

coffee1.gif

Hard to do anything about the wheelbase though, or looking like an elephant riding a fairy-cycle.....goof.gif

coffee1.gif

Hard to do anything about the wheelbase though, or looking like an elephant riding a fairy-cycle.....goof.gif

Maybe you should worry more how it would look being a pensioner riding a starter bike made for 20 year olds

Edited by pokerkid

coffee1.gif

Maybe you should worry more how it would look being a pensioner riding a starter bike made for 20 year olds

Well first of all I am not a pensioner... yet and secondly, is a Pokerkid your name or pastime? whistling.gif With a helmet on who is to know how old I am and quite frankly except for am immature chuckwow, who gives a shit?

A start bike is a marketing term.

Just back from the Udon Thani Benelli dealership with an update. The price is likely to be around 90k baht, which sounds really good and they are due in "next month"...so says the guy there.

So I had my look and sit on the TNT 300 bike and I think they are very good. The finish is as good as the Honda 300, indeed I could find nothing untoward, except the Chinese tyres and overall looks and feel are much better than the CB300.

It is and feels bigger than the CB and fits me quite well, everything is good, except (for me) the pedal position, which seems to suit a fairing type sports bike riding position. Odd, an upright body, but swept back feet, it is as though they have changed only half of the bike, but that is my way of thinking at this moment.

I am used to my NV, a more chopper/cruiser bike, but I am sure I would get used to it and the lighter cheaper TNT25, which is the same size as the 300, will be a very tempting choice at 90k baht for such a nice looking bike.

Oh also he says they are opening a dealership in Khon Kaen "soon".

Edited by AllanB

coffee1.gif

Well first of all I am not a pensioner... yet and secondly, is a Pokerkid your name or pastime? whistling.gif With a helmet on who is to know how old I am and quite frankly except for am immature chuckwow, who gives a shit?

A start bike is a marketing term.

I thought you were a fan of open face helmets Allan. But I understand now why you would switch.

I thought you were a fan of open face helmets Allan. But I understand now why you would switch.

I do wear an open face helmet for the city, sun glasses cover up the wrinkles around my eyes, so who would know how old I am?

And why should that matter, I enjoy riding a bike and it is very immature of you to suggest I am too old to ride any sort of bike. I didn't insult you and am puzzled as to why you would insult me, this forum really doesn't need this crap, sonny.

You know you should really consider changing your forum name, if you want to know why, say it slowly a syllable at a time. You are inadvertently suggesting something that is extremely distasteful.

May I suggest "Politekid" instead? wai2.gif

I do wear an open face helmet for the city, sun glasses cover up the wrinkles around my eyes, so who would know how old I am?

And why should that matter, I enjoy riding a bike and it is very immature of you to suggest I am too old to ride any sort of bike. I didn't insult you and am puzzled as to why you would insult me, this forum really doesn't need this crap, sonny.

You know you should really consider changing your forum name, if you want to know why, say it slowly a syllable at a time. You are inadvertently suggesting something that is extremely distasteful.

May I suggest "Politekid" instead? wai2.gif

ok Allan, next time when i make a joke i will add some smileys just for you.

You might not be a pensioner but you sure sound like one.whistling.gif

Edited by pokerkid

Another fantastic looking bike from Benelli . Designed in Italy , and built with passion. Unmistakeable style . If this bike is priced below the 125,000 of the "300" Honda , it should fly out of the showrooms , according to its specs . 90,000 is fantastic . Now could Benelli start designing a 450 and 650 triple . wai2.gif

Where do you take it's designed in Italy? It was a name in Italy long long time ago. The Chinese bought the brand. So what you get is on par with Keeway and the makes.

If you're happy with it, fine. But try a "real" bike in comparison to the Chinese. They are not there yet.

Same goes for cars like MG3 or now MG6, lousy stuff, branded as British. They just bought the name....