Benelli 25 TNT

GARYZX6R

I am wondering whether the Chinese are smarter than the Japs. The Japs merely copied other manufacturers and now copy each other, right down to the pounds, shillings and pence.

The Chinese analyse their markets a bit more these days and know bikers want a bit of style, who doesn't and so they team up with the kings of style, the Italians and this is what you get just for starters.

Interesting what happened when the Japs teamed with the Italians, they took Japanese style and let the 1980's pistoff Italians build the bloody thing and this is what they got Doh!!

post-103189-0-91323700-1448532475_thumb.

Ask a style-proud Italian to build a car designed by the Japs, he ain't going to like it.....and he did not.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering whether the Chinese are smarter than the Japs. The Japs merely copied other manufacturers and now copy each other, right down to the pounds, shillings and pence.

The Chinese analyse their markets a bit more these days and know bikers want a bit of style, who doesn't and so they team up with the kings of style, the Italians and this is what you get just for starters.

Interesting what happened when the Japs teamed with the Italians, they took Japanese style and let the 1980's pistoff Italians build the bloody thing and this is what they got Doh!!

attachicon.gifNissan Arna.jpg

Ask a style-proud Italian to build a car designed by the Japs, he ain't going to like it.....and he did not.

If Benelli is Chinese then Nissan is French....

who cares where a bike is made or any other item for that matter ,whats more important is a high level of QC and after sales care/service........coffee1.gif

Bought a Platinum in 2007. Everyone laughed. Still runs. Needed a battery, tires, and a voltage regulator. Along with dielectric grease, Loctite, Nylocks. Remember when 'Made in Japan' meant cheap, short lived, poor quality ? Chinese are coming up - other brands better watch out.

Saw and sat on one yesterday in Kantanburi (River Kwai place), what a really nice looking bike, perfect fit for us so need to save the pennies. 3 colours Black, white and red, red looks good.

With the current problems with the CB300 and the price difference, Benelli have a big chance here, makes the Honda look as dull as ditchwater too. Yes, some will always choose Honda....but.

When the CB/R 250 first came out , some dealers were asking up to 170,000 Baht for them. Market forces ( and the buying public ) soon put paid to that , and people lost both face , and money. Dont think that Honda had abs. And i dont think abs is 16% of the bikes price Benelli could well offer abs if thees enougth call for it. As AllanB , and many others , have said , the ongoing Honda problems ( 250 / 286 engine / gearbox , various models with electrical issues , CB 500 ( 470 ) oil system bolts falling out , plus the latest news of the potential of a short circuit in the fuel tank blink.png , means people are looking further than the end of their noses for their next bike. "Some will always choose Honda" beatdeadhorse.gif YEP.

I think the people that can afford it will always buy Honda. Those that haven't planned well and can't afford it will buy cheap,but that's a completely different topic,why yet again are you all talking about Honda in a bennilli thread ,go and buy a bennelli if they are that good maybe then you will have something to discuss about them ,rather than going off topic all the time.

I am not sure whether price is the only issue here, the Benelli is a much (much) nicer looking bike, with a better engine note and with the reliability being less of an issue (perhaps) these other things are important. Let's face it if you want a reliable bike forget CB250/300 a Honda Wave is your bike, unless you ride over 100km/day to commute.

The other thing is the manufacturer itself, Honda Wave is still 100% reliable, but as we have seen and indeed as with all manufactures not all machines they make are.

Mercedes used to be a byword for reliability, not any more, likewise Toyota and now both are living on their reputation. My S/H Merc 190d was worked to death for 9 more years and never missed a beat in 250,000miles, so I bought a C220 and what a pile of junk.

McLaren were winning everything in F1 now nothing at all, so all companies produce good and bad and eventually come and go, usually when the accountants take over, or when a key engineer leaves.

So I think it is important we choose what we buy, based on the product's own merits.

More dribble and way off topic ,if you want to start a bennili thread at least stick to talking about bennilli,if you think Hondas are unreliable start a thread about it ,although you will not get any replies on it apart from the usual trolls repeating the same old boring rubbish.

More dribble and way off topic ,if you want to start a bennili thread at least stick to talking about bennilli,if you think Hondas are unreliable start a thread about it ,although you will not get any replies on it apart from the usual trolls repeating the same old boring rubbish.

WHY? Referencing other similar bikes is OK. I had a Cbr250. And can say in the 2 years and 7,000 km it was a decent bike. A bit boring but I wasn't expecting much excitement anyway. As for the Benelli the latest ones I've seen are night and day compared to the first ones that arrived. Much better around! Would I buy one, possible if I was actually wanting to spend that much.. At the moment I don't. I just want a lively run around. So I'm looking for a Yamaha Spark 135. Edited by casualbiker

Off coarse reference to other bikes is ok as long as you stick to facts ,however this thread even has posts about cars it's going that far off topic,I know a lot of people are bored in Thailand with nothing better to do than troll forums with the same old boring comments ,that are completely irrelevant it completelykills the forum as people have heard it all before and just don't bother replying to the rubbish posted .

The Honda CB300 is the absolute main competitor of the subject matter in this country of Thailand, so how is that trolling?

We all know you are a Honda fan and anti anything that is not Japanese, but this is a good bike, as we see it at the moment and like it or not Honda are having serious problems with some of their products. If you don't want to hear it put you fingers in your ears and sing la la la.

Times is changing mate, and to me it is a refreshing change...a breath of fresh air in a stagnant design void.

I think the people that can afford it will always buy Honda. Those that haven't planned well and can't afford it will buy cheap,but that's a completely different topic,why yet again are you all talking about Honda in a bennilli thread ,go and buy a bennelli if they are that good maybe then you will have something to discuss about them ,rather than going off topic all the time.

Right, non-affluent Thais buy hardly any Hondas.

Interesting theory.

Except Wave, Clicks, Scooby, CBR, Sonic, Aiblade, Zoomer, MSX....

Really, don't know a single non-affluent Thai with non-Japanese brand.

Four of my six bikes are non-Honda.

Haven't planned too well I guess.

The Honda CB300 is the absolute main competitor of the subject matter in this country of Thailand, so how is that trolling?

We all know you are a Honda fan and anti anything that is not Japanese, but this is a good bike, as we see it at the moment and like it or not Honda are having serious problems with some of their products. If you don't want to hear it put you fingers in your ears and sing la la la.

Times is changing mate, and to me it is a refreshing change...a breath of fresh air in a stagnant design void.

more assumptions really am i honda fan who told you that ,i don't favour any brand but go for well known proven brands,my next bike in the uk is gonna be bmw or yamaha,as said if you think honda are having problems start a thread on it you can really show your ignorance then.

7 pages of a binneli thread no ones bought one yet and you resort to talking about cars and other brands of bike....boring boring.

Edited by taninthai

more assumptions really am i honda fan who told you that ,i don't favour any brand but go for well known proven brands,my next bike in the uk is gonna be bmw or yamaha,as said if you think honda are having problems start a thread on it you can really show your ignorance then.

7 pages of a binneli thread no ones bought one yet and you resort to talking about cars and other brands of bike....boring boring.

well possible one of the reasons for non purchase could be its only been available for about a fortnight.. The other reason could be no one wants to be the first hahahaha

Here we go again, we have to buy one to voice an opinion. the damn things have only been on the market for 2 weeks and they haven't even established a dealership here in KK yet. So at this time we are talking about what we know and think.

If you are not a Honda fan you are certainly touchy about criticism of them, indeed any top brand. I am personally indifferent about them, I just hate the concept of "copying is safe". This mass market "Big Mac and a diet Coke..and is that a large fries sir?" crap that we are force-fed by the big multinationals on a daily basis. So anyone who does anything remotely different, especially on the style front, has 5 stars just for starters.

The engine of the Honda CBR250R and its successor the CBR300R hold a Honda all-time record, from the original introduced engine a handful parts are still available everything else is replaced by a new replacement part for various reasons.

For instance I would not recommend one of the early Honda CBR250R, even a few CBR300R’s to anybody, as the exhaust system fails to meet the Thai emission standard. This was fixed by a new exhaust system (with different part numbers).

This is not a problem as long as your motorcycle is registered and you pay tax… but imagine that in 2 or 3 years the department of road transport and the Thai police buys those modern superlight handheld emission detectors…

It is like a few years back, I didn’t even know what the maximum speed was in Thailand, as nobody had the technology to check my speed I was safe… But now, same like surely a few on this forum have received a few speed tickets… yes, Thai police also start using modern technology… easy to use court legal handheld emission detectors are just a few steps away…

Edited by Richard-BKK

The engine of the Honda CBR250R and its successor the CBR300R hold a Honda all-time record, from the original introduced engine a handful parts are still available everything else is replaced by a new replacement part for various reasons.

For instance I would not recommend one of the early Honda CBR250R, even a few CBR300R’s to anybody, as the exhaust system fails to meet the Thai emission standard. This was fixed by a new exhaust system (with different part numbers).

This is not a problem as long as your motorcycle is registered and you pay tax… but imagine that in 2 or 3 years the department of road transport and the Thai police buys those modern superlight handheld emission detectors…

It is like a few years back, I didn’t even know what the maximum speed was in Thailand, as nobody had the technology to check my speed I was safe… But now, same like surely a few on this forum have received a few speed tickets… yes, Thai police also start using modern technology… easy to use court legal handheld emission detectors are just a few steps away…

if the Honda Cbr250 failed to meet the emission standards how did they manage to get approval. It's more likely that the different number reflects a different supplier.

Half the bennilli is copied from the kawa er6 you are so naive and blind you can't see it????

Yes, I did notice they both have two wheels....... so you are saying these bikes are pretty much the same?

Half of every bike is a copy of every other bike, otherwise is isn't really a bike, it's a car or a dishwasher.

Edited by AllanB

if the Honda Cbr250 failed to meet the emission standards how did they manage to get approval. It's more likely that the different number reflects a different supplier.

It’s very simple, a manufacturer makes a few prototypes the Thai department of transport appointed testing facility received two motorcycles. This two motorcycles past the emission standard after a few tweaking (which is pretty normal). After the model is approved the production starts, and production models are not always 100% the same as the prototypes seen by the testing facility.

Look at how easy VW could foul everybody in the world with its diesel engines and exhaust emission… when an engine / vehicle is approved nobody test it again.

In Thailand, the police is struggling how to deal with so much aftermarket exhaust pipes that maybe increase exhaust emission. And routinely checking exhaust emission with handheld emission detectors is talked about more than once, as an efficient low cost option to control/test it.

It’s very simple, a manufacturer makes a few prototypes the Thai department of transport appointed testing facility received two motorcycles. This two motorcycles past the emission standard after a few tweaking (which is pretty normal). After the model is approved the production starts, and production models are not always 100% the same as the prototypes seen by the testing facility.

Look at how easy VW could foul everybody in the world with its diesel engines and exhaust emission… when an engine / vehicle is approved nobody test it again.

In Thailand, the police is struggling how to deal with so much aftermarket exhaust pipes that maybe increase exhaust emission. And routinely checking exhaust emission with handheld emission detectors is talked about more than once, as an efficient low cost option to control/test it.

So how come same cbr250r is sold in California where they have similar emission requirements as Thailand?

Here we go again, we have to buy one to voice an opinion. the damn things have only been on the market for 2 weeks and they haven't even established a dealership here in KK yet. So at this time we are talking about what we know and think.

If you are not a Honda fan you are certainly touchy about criticism of them, indeed any top brand. I am personally indifferent about them, I just hate the concept of "copying is safe". This mass market "Big Mac and a diet Coke..and is that a large fries sir?" crap that we are force-fed by the big multinationals on a daily basis. So anyone who does anything remotely different, especially on the style front, has 5 stars just for starters.

and yet more assumptions if you were to read my comments in the cb500 thread you would See I don't praise the bike and am no fan of it,i just point out false information that you and others spread on the forum .rest of reply deleted.

and yet more assumptions if you were to read my comments in the cb500 thread you would See I don't praise the bike and am no fan of it,i just point out false information that you and others spread on the forum .rest of reply deleted.

Who mentioned the CB500, not I, so this false information you point to about something I didn't mention, how does that work?

Now I realise now I am not allowed to talk about any of Benelli's competitors, nor anything bad about the main one, the Honda CB300, nor am I allowed to talk about previous collaborations between the Japs/Chinese and the Italians, which is actually the point here, since this is a collaboration, anything else on this censorship list of yours?

Was you name Mussolini in a previous life perhaps?biggrin.png Sorry Mussolini is off-topic.....although he was Italian.