Benelli 25 TNT

GARYZX6R

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are on about a Benelli depreciating.

I just saw a CBR500 for 123k baht, many are 129k baht.

Not far off 50% depreciation in what, was it 3 years ago they came out? Maybe not even.

haha. Wow. Mighty Honda keeping their value. rolleyes.gif

People who buy small cheap bikes and choose them on what they predict the % of depreciation will be over 5 years are sad anyway. biggrin.png

get ready to see even more honda 500s drop in value..... honda just announced for next year 500 is being re-styled and improved... many buyers will be ditching the current ones and getting the new one.

... many buyers will be ditching the current ones and getting the new one.

How and why would they? You don't ditch a financed bike so easily (the whole village pays for it!) And then get the same thing again? We just read Honda has broken frames and broken engines and whatever else is broken. Get a Benelli! (Village will of course guarantee again) LOL

;^

Great news them prices as my Honda 250 was so reliable I'm probably gonna buy another come end for of year coupled with the exchange rate at a 5 year high in my favour these 2nd hand bikes are proper bargains in fact if you get the right deal you can even sell them on a year down the line for a similuar price.

yep.

I bought good one for 42 from an Austrian.

Sold for 55 to a German.

Ya.

Yeah, I'm not generally negative about it. And it is true, competition is good. We have seen that with Kawasaki and the reduced prices for big bikes, which are now on a reasonable level for most brands.

But, there needs to be a lot of more water going down all the dried out rivers which cause floods in BKK right now smile.png. So far I haven't seen a single one of these bikes on the road, neither in Chiang Mai nor in Bangkok. So experiences and feedback are certainly limited given the low number of buyers. But Keeway (remember, same company) did a lot to build a bad reputation. Looking at the latter I'd rather play safe and spend money for a Honda (or Kawasaki in my case) rather than play guinea pig for the Chinese. Not even looking at resales value.

totally correct points. thanks for your true comments.

there are some honda haters here i guess constantly pissing on hondas.

honda sold maybe 10000 cb300 and two of them got a problem! benelli will sell maybe 100 TNT 25 and lets see how many bikes will get problems.

and anyway, you go to any Honda dealer (thousands of them in Thailand at every corner) and it is serviced and fixed under warranty. But benelli, where is the service? and how reliable? I am sure if you have a problem with benelli, you wait for parts. it will cost you more and you need to go maybe hundreds of clicks for finding a benelli dealer and how competent will they be?

and i see very very few benelli 300 so far all over Thailand and some again very very few benelli 600. They are rarely seen on the roads.

only old fart honda haters with nostalgic connections with benelli go buy this (and by knowing it is a Chinese bike now but still fooling themselves like it is an Italian bike:)

or some short minded people go choose it as honda will be always better in the long run, for service, parts, resale value, quality, reliability.

and that is why for every benelli sold, honda sells 10000 bikes.

but again, i respect any two wheeler. Under correct circumstances, it might be a good bike but with this price and quality and with all those options ad low cc class, i dont see much future for such a bike. hope i am wrong.

if they sell it for 75000 baht for example, it might be a good value but more than that, no way.

one thing i have to admit, benelli 300 sounds good but i think this single cylinder one will sound like fart like most single cylinder bikes.

Edited by maykilceksin

MM , to an extent , i see your point . I must correct you over the claim Benelli and Keeway are the same however . They arent . They happen to be owned by the same "parent" company , QJ . And by this i mean no offence to either company or their products . There is a marketing link-up though , and that seems to cause this confusion . As i said , VW / Audi Group ( VAG ) own many companies , but a Golf sure aint no Diablo ! . And yes , we need more feedback , now that the doomsayers have gone quiet .

they are same bike but different names!

so they do generic bikes and anyone pays the money can place their brand on the bike. say it Benelli, Keeway, or Generic or KRS, god knows how many more!

you dont see that or you just fool yourself or tying to fool us? as some of us here are not fooled by this.

so what is this? a Generic 600, same as benelli 600 and keeway 600.

http://www.ksr-moto.com/index.php/bikes_600_ksrmoto_en_int.html

and this?

same as benelli 302 isn't it?:

http://www.keewaymotor.co.uk/bikedetail.php?id=91

and read this a bit:

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=eVNf48ZmDP8C&pg=PT328&lpg=PT328&dq=benelli+generic+brand+motorcycle&source=bl&ots=wAp_o--BVW&sig=0PKhGkigaDnz1UGytXE7ID76HSw&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=benelli%20generic%20brand%20motorcycle&f=false

dont tell us these are not the same bikes! and please do not mislead people. you work for benelli or something?

they all owned by same group. and they just put a different brand and maybe but better brakes or forks for one and low cost ones for another, the only difference between these brands and bikes.

just wake up bro!

Edited by maykilceksin

Not far off 50% depreciation in what, was it 3 years ago they came out? Maybe not even.

People who buy small cheap bikes and choose them on what they predict the % of depreciation will be over 5 years are sad anyway. biggrin.png

No one said Hondas keep their vaule, they only will if a very popular scooter such as a PCX, which seem to hold their value well, or classic bikes such as the RVF, NSR250, modern CBR1000RRs etc.

In fact in general, second hand bike prices have gone down, I remember when it cost nearly 150,000+ for a decent 400, and they were over 10 years old. But now with the new big bikes on finance, with finance available on decent 2nd hand bikes too, prices are coming down on all 2nd hand models.

No one said Hondas keep their vaule,

People were putting forward likely depreciation as a factor for choosing one of the Honda 286's over one of the Benelli 250's or 302's.

No one said Hondas keep their vaule,

People were putting forward likely depreciation as a factor for choosing one of the Honda 286's over one of the Benelli 250's or 302's.

Honestly, they will depreciate about the same, but the Honda will always have the advantage in price, cos it is a Honda - quality brand and a huge network. They are both cheap bikes anyway.

Time will tell with the Benlli, see what condition there are in after 30.000+ KM

Jeff skipped that the Benelli from 1911 is not the Chinese Benelli/Keeway it is today.

They just bought a dormant company name and revived it. Zombie brand one may say smile.png

....and that the Honda in the same class is a 100% Thai product with a Honda sticker on it. smile.png

The Benelli company is still very active in Italy, with full design, R & D and SOA manufacturing plant, so hardly a zombie brand.

Unlike MG in China which is a Jizwas with an MG badge on it.

IMO Benelli are also a good step up in terms of style and sound over the Thai bikes, performance wise, well at 250cc they aren't really, any of them. So how the bike makes you feel is all the more important.

MG have an R&D centre in the UK and also sources some parts from UK suppliers.

Yeah, the British Embassy in BKK has a big poster just outside, about innovation, showing a Mini which is BMW. How do you call this? Self betrayal? 555

They should have put a Rolls Royce on the poster. Oops, that is also BMW

Or maybe a Bentley.....

Or maybe....

The original Cbr250 w/o abs was 95,000 baht,

No it wasn't.

Honda advertized it as 99,000 baht, but only one Honda dealer in the country sold it for that. Every other dealer was greedy and ripped off their customers by refusing to sell it at the advertized price.

Which dealer sold for 99k?

Several Off topic and some accusatory posts removed.

Please try to stay on topic, avoid entering into slanging matches or making accusations.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

No it wasn't.

Honda advertized it as 99,000 baht, but only one Honda dealer in the country sold it for that. Every other dealer was greedy and ripped off their customers by refusing to sell it at the advertized price.

I bought first delivery of the first batch for 99k from Honda at patanakarn Rd, bkk

They didn't want to sell it until more arrived because it was supposed to be the display model for the window but I had the cash on me so they kindly let me take it...

The owner son speaks perfect English ...

Ask for khun erb

Other dealers around bkk quoted me 110-160k....

The crazy 160k quote was @ Honda dindeang Rd for the record... I thought it was 106or116k misunderstanding until he punched into the calculator 160,000 and I realised he was seriously overcharging me that much lol

No it wasn't.

I bought first delivery of the first batch for 99k from Honda at patanakarn Rd, bkk

They didn't want to sell it until more arrived because it was supposed to be the display model for the window but I had the cash on me so they kindly let me take it...

Ask for khun erb

The crazy 160k quote was @ Honda dindeang Rd for the record... I thought it was 106or116k misunderstanding until he punched into the calculator 160,000 and I realised he was seriously overcharging me that much lol

See your 160k bht and raise 170k bht by a Honda dealer in Utong. Bought my CBR for 99k from Chumphon Honda.

No it wasn't.

Ask for khun erb

See your 160k bht and raise 170k bht by a Honda dealer in Utong. Bought my CBR for 99k from Chumphon Honda.

Wow - 170k

Price gouging is alive and well even outside bkk :)

I perceive the Benelli quality to be fine for this level of bike , and its intended use . It may be over simplifying things to say "up to you" , but more and more people are buying bikes that arent Honda . Price is a reason for some , true . If people , after looking at all the information , specifications , ride reports and , yes , price , still buy a Honda , then that may well be the right bike for their needs and budget . End of the day - enjoy whatever your riding . Sums up biking really .

And the most important thing for a true biker.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the 600 one, the engine was some stone age thing, looked all a bit weird. Like a steam engine in a Ducati frame. People reported it's a lousy drive. Quality wise like keeway. Go figure.

A Kawasaki does not set you back that much, neither does a Honda. Buy a real bike with some QC rather then Chinese offshots I say.

Wasn't that a copied Yamaha engine?

There was a thought it was based on an older Yamaha R6 engine ( this was mentioned in the Benelli owners club magazine ) but it seems not to be the case as BKKRichard has pointed out too the timing chain position being different. 300 twin and 250 single are of Italian design. 94,900 is a cracking price. There is also a 250 Benelli super motard in the wings. With the release of this engine , the motard cant be far off.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen one yet in the showrooms, I am a long way away from a dealer, but was told at Udon Thani that they are out October/November?

Went in there today Allan and they had 3 in the showroom,red,white and black. Nice little bike ,not for big type farangs as to small..The extra for the 300 in my opinion is well worth it..

Has anyone seen one yet in the showrooms, I am a long way away from a dealer, but was told at Udon Thani that they are out October/November?

Went in there today Allan and they had 3 in the showroom,red,white and black. Nice little bike ,not for big type farangs as to small..The extra for the 300 in my opinion is well worth it..

Oh bugga, I thought it was the same size...

The Udon guys said I could could get it with a Khon Kaen book ...

Interesting, how the TNT25 compares with the Honda CB300f

Seat height 780mm 780mm

Wheelbase 1385mm 1380mm

Weight 150kg 158kg

BHP 24.1hp 29.2hp

cc 249cc 286cc

Baht 94.9k Baht 130k Baht

So size-wise about the same and with the same tyres/rims. @ 110f / 140r / 17"rims

After a 400km trip around Isaan over the weekend on my NV400 chasing twisties and finding very few, I have decided to buy a lightweight bike I can carry on my 4 door pickup. These tedious trips up and down main roads are not me me, even with 40+hp, I just can't be asked.

150kg is doable, the NV400 @ 230kg isn't. Go somewhere nice, off-load the bike and ride.

Lazy pommy bastard......beatdeadhorse.gif

Edited by AllanB