Benelli 25 TNT

GARYZX6R

The original Cbr250 w/o abs was 95,000 baht, so 90,000 for the Benelli is in the ballpark....

As an aside, I was with a friend from Bangkok who was looking for the Ducati dealership, and he mistook the signage for the Benelli dealership as it also uses Italian colours. The Benellis look a bit clunky but ok. We did find the Ducati shop, where the sales guy was most unimpressed that my friend sat on the Monster without asking permission. facepalm.gif There was also a Suzuki Big Bike shop nearby. Choices continue to increase...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs to be significantly cheaper than both the CB300 and the Kawasaki Z250SL. Z250SL is 118,000 baht with ABS. So, since this bike, being less powerful, Chinese, and (as far as I know) doesn't have ABS, it really needs to be about 100,000 or less. If it is in fact 90,000 baht it can probably sell pretty well (although "90,000" from the dealer may well turn out to mean "99,999 plus tax and insurance" by the time the bike comes out).

Their bigger bikes are made in Italy and as with quite a few manufacturers, they make their smaller bikes in Asia to keep the price down.

Manufacturing is so convoluted these days, in terms of what is done where, you have to look at each product on it's own merit. Having seen the bike I have come to the conclusion that this is a "grade one" machine, along with Hondas and other Jap models where the bikes are not made in the home country.

If it is not designed by the Italians I would be very surprised, it certainly isn't designed by the the run of the mill Asian.

At around 90k baht it is an attractive buy, when they come to Khon Kaen I will think about one, but Udon is a 250km round trip for a service...and "on the bumpy road to Dublin" highway.

I hope these sort of bikes do succeed, for too long the big 4 have had the market to themselves and with no competition they have sat back and produced the same old same old designs.

When the Brits ruled the biking world there were all kinds of innovations, they had a blank page and is why we look back on these bikes with affection and passion. The Italians, etc. should do the same, since everyone is now using the same technology, the difference comes down the aesthetics.

and yes, of course beauty in in the eye of the beerholder.

MadMac / AllanB , ALL Benelli,s are designed / develop in Italy ( Pesaro ) ,since 1911 , but now with the bigger ones 100% made there , and the smaller ones assembled by QJ ( China ) . Same as Bentley and Bugatti are owned by VW , but built elsewhere . The Kawasaki SL , at just 118,000 is a bargain compared to the 125,000 Honda . If the Benelli TNT 25 doesnt have abs its a surprise , as i thought most "big" bikes were getting it in 2017.

So Allan can tell it's a grade a machine just by sitting on it ,how do you work that out then ,what about brakes,suspension,vibrations ,gear selection etc etc you can tell this is all grade a and better than other bikes just by sitting on it that's some talent you have there.

And to others saying these will sell well if priced at 90k ,no they won't previous bikes have come and gone some cheaper than this and they don't sell wel because people know what they are like......keep dreaming boys ...

So Allan can tell it's a grade a machine just by sitting on it ,how do you work that out then ,what about brakes,suspension,vibrations ,gear selection etc etc you can tell this is all grade a and better than other bikes just by sitting on it that's some talent you have there.

And to others saying these will sell well if priced at 90k ,no they won't previous bikes have come and gone some cheaper than this and they don't sell wel because people know what they are like......keep dreaming boys ...

how do you know they don't sell well. according to what i have read on the net the 300 and 650 sell quit well. I see the 300 cc bike more and more now on the streets.

Edited by pokerkid

how do you know they don't sell well. according to what i have read on the net the 300 and 650 sell quit well. I see the 300 cc bike more and more now on the streets.

Well I commute in Bangkok almost every day for years and I have seen 1 Benelli, in total, ever.

Go to any big c,Tesco etc when you see hundreds of bennile parked there you can say they are selling well.....as Said keep dreaming boys

The original Cbr250 w/o abs was 95,000 baht,

No it wasn't.

Honda advertized it as 99,000 baht, but only one Honda dealer in the country sold it for that. Every other dealer was greedy and ripped off their customers by refusing to sell it at the advertized price.

Go to any big c,Tesco etc when you see hundreds of bennile parked there you can say they are selling well.....as Said keep dreaming boys

Outside of BKK I see more Benelli's than the Honda and Kawa 300's.

I hope these sort of bikes do succeed, for too long the big 4 have had the market to themselves and with no competition they have sat back and produced the same old same old designs.

You don't half talk rubbish - Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, BMW all have brought out some great bikes in the past and now

No competition? How about the competition with each other.

It will be great if Benelli starts making good bikes, but so far it has been old tech and over weight. And please stop going on about their upside forks, just cos they are upside down doesn't mean they are automatically shit hot. They can be crap upside down forks - they certainly were on the 600 I test rode, thing couldn't corner for shit.

All this chat on here about Benelli and how great they are, but no one ever buys one.

I think that most guys on this forum own bigger bikes. Not many own one of the 250/300 bikes out there.

There is one poster who owns a Benelli 300 and sings its praises. There is one guy who owns a CB300 and the engine blew up within a 5000km(?)

Haven't seen a single one on the road. Only the 2 show bikes they had in BigC. Hot cakes, obviously wink.png

I live in BKK and on the road I see far less than the Honda and Kawas. Far, far less.

When I leave BKK, usually up around Central/Lower Northern Thailand (Petchabun etc.) I see about 3-5 Benelli's for every Honda and Kawa.

Their bigger bikes are made in Italy and as with quite a few manufacturers, they make their smaller bikes in Asia to keep the price down.

Manufacturing is so convoluted these days, in terms of what is done where, you have to look at each product on it's own merit. Having seen the bike I have come to the conclusion that this is a "grade one" machine, along with Hondas and other Jap models where the bikes are not made in the home country.

If it is not designed by the Italians I would be very surprised, it certainly isn't designed by the the run of the mill Asian.

At around 90k baht it is an attractive buy, when they come to Khon Kaen I will think about one, but Udon is a 250km round trip for a service...and "on the bumpy road to Dublin" highway.

When the Brits ruled the biking world there were all kinds of innovations, they had a blank page and is why we look back on these bikes with affection and passion. The Italians, etc. should do the same, since everyone is now using the same technology, the difference comes down the aesthetics.

and yes, of course beauty in in the eye of the beerholder.

"this forum really doesn't need this crap, sonny." I had a good laugh at that! Are people less than 70 years old allowed to end a sentence with 'sonny'? if so I'll try it out!

Tan, I'm not saying I will buy one at 90k, but certainly SOMEONE will biggrin.png

All this chat on here about Benelli and how great they are, but no one ever buys one.

I think that most guys on this forum own bigger bikes. Not many own one of the 250/300 bikes out there.

There is one poster who owns a Benelli 300 and sings its praises. There is one guy who owns a CB300 and the engine blew up within a 5000km(?)

That's the key: ONE poster who owns a Benelli 300. And one guy out of many CB/CBR owners who had problems.

Again, since you ignored my question last time, what do you ride, Happy? whistling.gif

Nevermind, I found the post already: CBR 471 with chopstick forks. Funny how this forum's biggest Benelli fan rides a Honda. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Haven't seen a single one on the road. Only the 2 show bikes they had in BigC. Hot cakes, obviously wink.png

I live in BKK and on the road I see far less than the Honda and Kawas. Far, far less.

When I leave BKK, usually up around Central/Lower Northern Thailand (Petchabun etc.) I see about 3-5 Benelli's for every Honda and Kawa.

Yeah right! lol

Couldn't help yourself, could you......laugh.pngfacepalm.gif

oops..thought you were Ktmjeff...

carry on...tongue.png

Edited by bobbin

Yeah right! lol

Errr.... yeah, right.

:)

Just for the record, I've seen a ton of Benellis around the Min Buri area. Had to do a double take a few times to figure what they were.

Oddly enough I made comment to a colleague who owns a V-Strom saying I've only seen his and a few on facebook but never on the road. Seems Benelli are picking up.

Hey bobbin , wasnt me ! giggle.gif . I love the Benelli (have a very rare triple in England) , and , IMO , i would trust the , as yet un-tested , TNT 250 over the problematic 250/286 Hondas , if i were after a modern naked street bike . Lets say the more competition and choice , the better .

Hey bobbin , wasnt me ! giggle.gif . I love the Benelli (have a very rare triple in England) , and , IMO , i would trust the , as yet un-tested , TNT 250 over the problematic 250/286 Hondas , if i were after a modern naked street bike . Lets say the more competition and choice , the better .

Jeff - whats with the constant sniping of Honda's ??

I currently own 3 Honda bikes and a Honda car and i havn't had a single problem with any of them.....

The brand would be my no 1 choice here in Thailand....

I perceive the Benelli quality to be fine for this level of bike , and its intended use . It may be over simplifying things to say "up to you" , but more and more people are buying bikes that arent Honda . Price is a reason for some , true . If people , after looking at all the information , specifications , ride reports and , yes , price , still buy a Honda , then that may well be the right bike for their needs and budget . End of the day - enjoy whatever your riding . Sums up biking really .

Well, what you are saying is like don't buy a Hilux but a Tata. Why would anyone do that?

I believe Benelli may, perhaps, become as famous as Keeway. A bike that looks good, is cheap, and everybody who bought one complains about, and which is actually the same sh*t.

Edited by MadMac

You do know who Benelli is dont you ?. They have produced some of the most advanced and beautiful race and road bikes this world has ever seen . Since 1911 . Keeway is no closer related to Benelli , than Bugatti or Bentley is to VW . What i tried to explain is that i would far rather buy a Benelli over a Honda. Hilux or Tata ? . I would go for Isuzu or Mitsubishi . Again , my choice .